Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Sales Companies > Craft Companies & Crafters > Craft Companies & Crafters

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 07-14-2011, 12:46 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria59 View Post
I tried it, have the kit at home, but as you can read what jemsw here said, it's not as simple as they indicates. My opinion to this is, it's really hard to do. I couldn't do it, it hurted my fingers, and I just couldn't get the weaving right, it was one big mess. I just don't want to spend more time on this. I'll send my package back tomorrow.
Thanks for letting everyone know. Those chains do look hard to make and I wouldn't be suprised to find out that the money that Titan Chains claims that people can make with them just isn't possible. Could please let us know if Titan Chains are honest and return your money like they claim? Thanks again for your post.

Katey
Sponsored Links

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on WAHM!

Old 07-14-2011, 01:37 PM
a_friend

I also jumped on tha bandwagon with this because a couple of my friends decided to try it too and we thought this was something we could do together. As has been said it's hard to do. I did manage to make one. Once you put it through the thing with the holes in it, it does look a lot better. However these bracelets are time consuming. It took me almost an entire day to make one. I think this would be more a craft for guys to do if this company is legit. You need to have a lot of hand strength to do it. I did send my kit back and I did get a refund. I think if they would have used a lighter weight wire this would have been much easier to do. Oh well live and learn.

Last edited by a_friend; 07-14-2011 at 05:06 PM.
Old 07-14-2011, 03:54 PM
Registered WAHM

Default Titan Chains

I ordered 2 kits last week. I assembled one bracelet set and sent it in for a review Monday 7/11. It is still to soon but I have not heard the results yet. I found making the chains was quiet easy. Once you get a rhythm going they seem to come together. I have not completed one full lot yet as I am waiting on the results from my sample sent in this week. So I will keep you posted as to what they say and maybe I can be of some help.

Last edited by wmoore; 07-15-2011 at 11:29 AM.
Old 07-14-2011, 04:40 PM
WAHM Regular

Talking titan chains

i got my kit but have not started as of yet been a little lazy on my end but will try soon hope it comes together like they say will keep you posted
Old 07-15-2011, 03:36 AM
WAHM Regular

wmoore, did it require a lot of hand strength to make the chain? I'm curious why you ordered 2 kits. Is there another offer besides the pair of bracelets?
I look forward to hearing how you did.
Old 07-15-2011, 10:07 AM
Registered WAHM

Default Titan Chains

The key is not really strength as much as it is getting your wire positioned on the mandrel correctly. The chain will eventually come together as you work your way down. It does require some strength and consistency. I have not heard anything yet on my sample so I will keep you all posted. I ordered 2 kits so I could work on one while the other was in transit to the company.

Time consuming? Well it is just like anything else new as you work on them your speed will gradually progress. Everyone will make a bracelet at their own pace.
Old 07-16-2011, 12:48 AM
WAHM Regular

i just read all the post and i love these forms. never heard of the company but it looks interesting. please keep us updated i would be interested in trying this. thanks
Old 07-17-2011, 03:18 PM
WAHM Regular

Default How these chains are made

If you go to Youtube and search viking knit you will see what making these chains entails. It is basically like knitting a tube with wire around a rod. It doesn't look hard to execute, but I would think the tensioning might be difficult at first. I'm thinking about trying it out with materials from Michael's Arts and Crafts before sending my money to this company. Their address is 30 miles from where I live, and I am pretty sure it is one of those mail box locations. That does not necessarily mean they are not legit, but it makes me wonder why they don't use the actual address of the business, unless THEY are working out of their homes too. I may give them a call and see if they will tell me where they distribute their chains. I would really like for this to be legit, as I think I would enjoy making these. I hope for all of us that they are .
Old 07-17-2011, 05:03 PM
WAHM Regular

Okay, I did some more research, googled viking knit, and found this site. If you scroll down and view the video called "Margot and Stephanie," at 6:02 Stephanie says it takes an hour to do 4 to 5 inches of this, which translates into 8 to 10 inches of 'chain'. There is NO way anybody can make two bracelets in 1 to 2 hours, like the Titan Chains website states. I'm disappointed, but not surprised. I do not think there is any work at home craft business that isn't labor and time intensive to make a little bit of money. That doesn't mean they are a scam, although they DO misinform, which is a shame.
Old 07-18-2011, 05:59 AM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiberfolly View Post
Okay, I did some more research, googled viking knit, and found this site. If you scroll down and view the video called "Margot and Stephanie," at 6:02 Stephanie says it takes an hour to do 4 to 5 inches of this, which translates into 8 to 10 inches of 'chain'. There is NO way anybody can make two bracelets in 1 to 2 hours, like the Titan Chains website states. I'm disappointed, but not surprised. I do not think there is any work at home craft business that isn't labor and time intensive to make a little bit of money. That doesn't mean they are a scam, although they DO misinform, which is a shame.
Thanks very much for all of the research you did. I think you are right on about this. Making jewelry for Titan Chains is probably possible but the burning question is, as it is with ALL wah crafting companies, how many can you do and how quickly can you do them. My gut tells me that Titan Chains does pay for the chains people make but that people who craft for them should definitely not expect to make $2,000.00 a month working for them. I'm disappointed too, it really is a shame that all work-at-home crafting opportunities have all these little catches.

This ad will disappear if you login

Tags
update