Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Sales Companies > Craft Companies & Crafters > Craft Companies & Crafters

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 09-16-2008, 04:29 PM
WAHM Regular

I have recieved my kit and sent a sample in for inspection but did not pass. I am going to try again, but in the mean time, has anyone ever heard of this or tried it. I checked it out on the bbb and they are not listed on there, so I am trying it... Any information would be appreciated! Thanks in advance !!!
Sponsored Links

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on WAHM!

Old 02-04-2009, 05:56 PM
WAHM Regular

I know this thread is old, but I wanted to say that I just ordered a kit from them too. It hasn't arrived yet.

Crystal, what happened on your 2nd try? Has anyone else tried to make the bell?

\"Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with all thy might...\" Ecclesiastes 9:10
Old 02-04-2009, 08:11 PM
WAHM Regular

I am also interested in the bell. I haven't ordered yet but I'd love to hear some feedback from someone that has done it. There is some general infoin a fileabout "craftstocash" where someone called them, but that's all I've found. Anyone know anything??? Let us know please...
Old 02-07-2009, 12:49 PM
WAHM Regular

I ordered the bell kit on Wed. and it came today Priority Mail! Man that was fast! I don't have any thread in the house (they only sent the beads), so I'll get some tomorrow after church.

I wish that when I called to order the kit they would have told me I needed thread and what to get. The instructions say which type and brand, but when I look on their website, it's not listed. I hope I can find the right kind.

I didn't order the sample, so hope I can do okay without it. [img]smileys/smiley24.gif[/img]

Edited by: MtnHiker
\"Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with all thy might...\" Ecclesiastes 9:10
Old 02-07-2009, 06:12 PM
WAHM Regular

wow. that is fast. I'm also surprised there is no thread. How difficult does it look? It kind of reminds me of necklaces we used to bead when I was a young girl.
Old 02-07-2009, 06:21 PM
WAHM Regular

Anyone thinking of doing this....order the sample!! They give you a poor quality photo, just one angle, straight on.

Hubby called me today before coming home and I asked him to get me some thread....sweet hubby! Hope it's the right kind.

I've spent some time carefully reading the instructions and following the diagrams. It's pretty straight forward, I think the only trick is that the bell must be stiff when completed and not limp and the beads must be strung tightly so they don't move around. The bell must stand up on its own.

I haven't actually started stringing it yet, it's getting too late...I'm starting to get bleary eyed. [img]smileys/smiley22.gif[/img] I'll tackle this tomorrow afternoon and let ya'll know how I'm doing.

Old 02-08-2009, 09:25 AM
WAHM Regular

yeah, not surprised by the having to be stiff and stand on it's own thing.I think you are right that comes from it being tight, and probably getting the beads just so. That will be the challenge. I bet itwould take me a couple or more tries to get it right.. lol.It also seems verysmall, I think I read on their site that it was only 2" tall orsomething like that... but it looks like a higher paying project than some of the others I've looked at...and it looks sweet and kind of fun to do, like if I couldn't get them to buy mine I could turn them into ornaments for my own Christmas tree

You have started so many projects at once girl! Go for it. I'm envious. I've found so many things I want to try but I've only been able to order a couple. I'm planning on ordering 2 more sometime after Valentine's Day. I'm seriously thinking of the bell. Good luck on all your projects
Old 02-09-2009, 01:04 PM
WAHM Regular

I was at Michael's today and saw a knotting tool that is for making close, tight knots when stringing pearls. I had seen it years before when I wasn't doing any pearl stringing, but today when I saw it, I thought it would be perfect for making these bells!

I didn't get it, as it was $30 and I thought I'd find a 40% off coupon and go back and get it. It was made by Beadalon and was in the bead section with the pliers.

Old 02-11-2009, 06:41 AM
WAHM Regular

Yes, the bell is 2 inches tall by 2 inches wide. As to how difficult it is....I'm still working on my first bell. My first try ended almost immediately...I had only strung 6 beads when my needle broke on of the tiny beads and I realized I needed to get some smaller needles and thinner thread.

I bought several sizes of needles at Ben Franklin to try out. Then when I was at Michaels I happened to see a package of beading needles. They are made of a thin flexible wire that have a large eye, also flexible that is easy to thread and collapses as it passes through the bead.

I also bought a different kind of thread that I like much better. It is Coats & Clark 100% nylon, upholstery thread, number D64. Very strong and thin.

My 2nd attempt at the bell using the flexible needle and new thread went much better, but somehow something got twisted and it was getting distorted looking. I'm going to have to take it apart and try again.

But I'm having lots of fun with it...it's going to be gorgeous. The beads are high quality. The instructions are very well written. So far I've had no trouble understanding what to do, even though I don't have the sample to look at (which I really wish I had!).

As far as the knotting tool...A.C. Moore had it for only $22, but I had no coupon on me and meant to ask of they took competitors coupons, but forgot. But even so, I think I'm going to wait until I try to make one without it to see if I really need that tool before spending the money.

Old 02-11-2009, 08:36 AM
WAHM Regular

yeah I really want to orderthe bellnow. I'll have to pick up some beading needles and thread too. It seems like with all of the craft companies across the board you have to get something in order to do it the best way. I'm getting used to that "includes everything you need" line to be a little misleading
Have you looked at ideal crafts? No body really mentions them on the forums here but they have a cute bracelet made with beads and safety pins I was thinking of trying too. I don't have their url but if you google 'em they come right up.

This ad will disappear if you login