Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Work-At-Home Professions > Web & Office > Coders

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 06-18-2007, 01:34 PM
WAHM Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to nholcombe

Hello,

I'm a stay home mom thats interested in taking Medical Coding course. I've looked into so many schools. But I found Allied School and wanted to know if someone have heard of the school or has taken either medical billing or coding course from them. I have checked with BBB and they rate at B.

I would appreciate any help anyone can provide me. This field would be new to me. But I have some understanding of what coders do, even billing and transcriptions. I've been doing alot of research on this. In the meantime I have been trying to find work from home.....but it's so tough. Especially when you're not interested on starting any business. Just trying to findjobs that pays for my honest work time. I have accounting background.

Thanks for reading.

I'm a newmemberto wahm.

Naznin
Sponsored Links

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on WAHM!

Old 06-20-2007, 10:28 AM
Super WAHM

Send a message via MSN to ut_mom Send a message via Yahoo to ut_mom

Hi and welcome!! I dont know about Allied Schools so hopefully someone will answer you regarding that. If you want to send me the link I could look at it for you and give my opinion on it. At home jobs are usually loooking for 2-3 years experience so it's sometimes easier to get an office job and work into coding.

My favorite mom swap site www.kidzoodle.com use code pmeslf for 5 credits
Old 06-20-2007, 07:21 PM
Awesome WAHM

Naznin,
Hi! Have you checked into Career Step? I received my medical transcription training with them and know that they are very well respected. Here is a link for info on their coding course ... http://careerstep.com/site/type=mc/page=program-mc.

Good luck!
Old 06-20-2007, 07:56 PM
WAHM Regular

Hi and thank you! I'm glad to find WAHM. I know with codings you do have to work at least2 yrs in the office before you could work from home. I'm just tryingto find work from home to bring in some income. I've tried for so long...it's so difficult.I've tried applying to LiveOps, Working solution,ICT Group, ACD Direct, SciLive, Axion, Cloud10, Icould go on.But still no luck. As heart breaking as it is,I try to keep at it. I'm checking this site out and see where else I can apply for jobs.

The website for the schoolthat I'm looking to takethecoding course is www.alliedschools.com

I did look into career step. I know that the transcription part of it, they have good reviews on it and its approved thru AAMT.

Thanks for your help.

Edited by: nholcombe
Old 06-21-2007, 08:06 AM
Super WAHM

Send a message via MSN to ut_mom Send a message via Yahoo to ut_mom

I couldn't tell much about Allied from their website but I have heard Career Step is good. I know someone who went thru their program.

My favorite mom swap site www.kidzoodle.com use code pmeslf for 5 credits
Old 06-22-2007, 09:03 AM
WAHM Regular

Samantha,
I see that you're CPC. Could you tell me about your background and how you got into codings. What school did you go thru? I also looked into AHIMA and AAPC. Since I don't have any medical background I was hesitate to go with them. It seems like you should have some kind of knowledge of coding if you wanted to go with them. Maybe I'm wrong. If you're willing to share you're knowledge, I would love to hear from you.
With Career Step, I found out that the coding wasn't approved or accredited.But I think they are in the process of it with AAPC.

Thank you

Naznin
Old 09-02-2009, 11:21 AM
Registered WAHM

Default allied medical coding school

I heard Allied medical coding school is great. Their online course is so detailed to enough study in online and pass or do not pay program is just perfect to ensure you make yourself certified.

Medical Coding Training From Home - Online Medical Coding Programs and Courses | Allied Schools
Old 09-02-2009, 11:33 AM
Awesome WAHM

Red face

Hi everyone. I have a question. I hope it's not a silly question but..... Does anyone know if grants help pay for Career Step, Allied, or any other medical transcription or coding school?
Old 09-14-2009, 08:17 PM
Registered WAHM

No grants cannot pay for Allied school... I tried also last year. GOOD LUCK! ALlied does have if your not interested in 6 months they will refund you your money. After that they keep it. I tried it but didn't succeed in the Medical Transcription course.

Christine
Old 11-11-2009, 07:13 AM
Registered WAHM

I just got my medical coding from Allied earlier this year. Allied is not a bad school,I mean I did learn i think what I needed to learn but I did NOT recieve the help I sometimes needed from them. It was hard or sometimes impossibel for an educational support rep to return my emails or phone calls. It started out,we could call support when you had a question,then we had to send emails and it would takes weeks for them to reply. I wouldnt reccommend them to anyone,but if you looking for a less expensive school that will give you the basic skills Id go with them,and if you dont think you will need much assistance

This ad will disappear if you login