Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Closed Forums > Children with special needs

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 11-30-2006, 11:31 AM
WAHM Regular

Hi everyone!

I have an autistic son, almost 5 years old. I recently converted my house to naturalnon-toxic products and have seen a difference in him. He seems more aware of his surroundings, a bit more vocal (he says only a few words, and then only with prompting). Has anyone else experienced anything like this? It makes me feel good to do something pro-active and actually see small steps! Happy Holidays to all!
Sponsored Links

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on WAHM!

Old 12-02-2006, 10:07 AM
WAHM Addict

Tiffany, I've heard of diet having an impact so if you think your son might be suffering from toxins, you should look into changing your eating habits too. There is one particular diet that some parents use ... this looks like a good resource on it, if you're interested:

http://www.autismweb.com/diet.htm

Another thought might be that he's becoming more interested in his environment because he's been watching you get more involved with it too. Look at something he likes (Tigger, Thomas??) and really delve into it and see what happens.

I'm so happy that you're seeing progress. Whe our son turned 4, he did a complete 180, and he keeps getting better all the time. [img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]

Old 12-08-2006, 11:53 AM
WAHM Regular

Yes, my son is sensitve to gluten especially. He becomes addicted and will eat nothing else!

If any of you would like to try converting your home to a toxin free home, I can help you do so with lots of free stuff, only until Dec. 18th. You will receive a set of 8 bath bars, and $100 in free products ($25 in Dec, $25 in Jan, and $50 in Feb.) all backed by a 100% money back satisfaction guarentee. Let me know if you're interested. I'd love to share more of our success as well.
Old 12-18-2006, 06:57 AM
WAHM Regular

Today, December 18th is the LAST day for $129 FREE!Don't miss out!
happyathomefamily@yahoo.com
Old 12-18-2006, 12:38 PM
WAHM Addict

We changed to Shaklee products and WOW, major difference. Their cleaning items are AWESOME!

I was a customer then quickly joined the company when I saw how great their products were.

My site is www.wellnessiseasy.com if you want to check it out.

[img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]
Old 12-27-2006, 11:10 AM
WAHM Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to sassyshoppers

Shaklee has made a difference in my household too! Check out this free video! http://sassy29.freeshockingvideo.com/

Old 12-27-2006, 01:24 PM
WAHM Addict

I Love the GET Clean from Shaklee. The products are incredible!

Now my son has Asperger's, which is a form of Autism. When we switched to Shaklee cleaners I definently saw a difference in him. (one reason why I joined Shaklee)

I threw out the bleach and all the store bought cleaners. Bleach does horrible things to kids.

With Jake, I saw, no more runny nose, no more rashes on his back, and he just seemed more clear headed. He wasn't breathing a huge amount of cleaning toxins!

We also have him on Optiflora and Cal/Mag.

Now, the stomach virus and the flu have run through both of my kid's schools, neither one of my kids has been sick. My belief is that using Get Clean allows their body to function normally and not have to fight off crazy cleaning chemicals AND the flu or stomach virus.

I love Shaklee and would never even think of using anything else. They have been around for 50 years.

[img]smileys/smiley32.gif[/img]
Old 08-20-2007, 11:23 PM
WAHM Regular

Send a message via AIM to AngieD Send a message via MSN to AngieD Send a message via Yahoo to AngieD

I am happy to have come across this post as I also have a daughter 2 years of age who has autism.

You may find this website beneficial for information:
www.health-reports/autism.htmlit's long but it talks about toxins and getting a detox because of the toxins that build up in our bodies, and there is a product that they talk about that I am thinking about trying on my daughter I hear people say they have extremely good success when they try detox's on autistic children...I'm researching it
Old 08-20-2007, 11:25 PM
WAHM Regular

Send a message via AIM to AngieD Send a message via MSN to AngieD Send a message via Yahoo to AngieD

Simple green at Home Depot stores is supposed to be toxic free and work really well
Old 08-21-2007, 05:30 AM
WAHM Addict

<a href="http://www.thegoodhuman.com/2007/07/30/think-simple-green-is-a-good-eco-friendly-cleaner-think-again/" target="_blank">http://www.thegoodhuman.com/2007/07/...r-think-again/

</A>

Good article about simple green. It's not really non toxic.

This ad will disappear if you login