Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Sales: Candle Companies > Candle Companies

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 01-05-2010, 11:28 PM
Registered WAHM

Default Thirty one gift HUH?

Wow I am a scentsy consultant. I love your stuff! we should order from eachother. LOL great job!
Sponsored Links

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on WAHM!

Old 02-07-2010, 01:14 AM
Registered WAHM

Default Great no cost candle company!

check out ScentEssence. All of their wickless products are made with natural wax and non-toxic fragrance oil. They have no start up cost and you earn 50% profits your first 3 months while you Build your downline. 40% after that. If you would like a sample to try PM me. Find out more at ScentEssence - Home Fragrance click on the cashcreations link at the top.
Old 08-30-2010, 07:15 PM
Registered WAHM

I would say Scentsy of course! We have tons of scents to choose from and beautiful warmers. The new fall/winter catalog comes out this week and you'll find the new Scentsy Buddies that are geared towards children, plus military warmers, breast cancer warmers, nursery warmers, new hand sanitizers and sachets in addition to our tried and tru lineup. Kick the wick and practice safe scents!
Old 09-25-2010, 06:27 PM
Registered WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LorettaA View Post
I'm not sure what FEH is likebut I can tell you some of the reasons why I like Scentsy.

Scentsy manufactures their own warmers and scents. Our warmers are authentic and unique. Customers who have tried many other candle brandshave raved about the scent quality of Scentsy. Now I'm not referring to FEH because I don't recall whether any customers mentioned them specifically...so no disrespect to them.

I like all the owners of thecompany and I think they give us so much to help us run our business.The main Scentsy site does not allow shopping.

Ilike the simplicitytoo.

ETA: I feel for you because I know it is so hard to decide. I like the "look" of both companies as far as marketing materials.Good luck with your decision.Edited by: LorettaA
Well, I tell you I don't like that the scentsy warmers are made in China. I know that China ceramics are painted with leaded paints and only fired one time because there are no restrictions there to what they can use. We just use it in our homes just because our friends had a party in their home. They prey on friendship's and obligations from their neighbors on buying them. I saw a scentsy booth at an ARTS and CRAFT festival where everything there was to be hand crafted and I walked up to the booth and the person there told me that they were a home based business and lied about it to the promoters. There it was box after box with made in China written on them, I touched one of the warmers and it was super HOT. Now China just about owns the US and all of our jobs have gone to China and it looks like to me if we buy STUFF from China we are paying their salaries to keep our jobs there. Aren't there any US based companies that make these where we can support American's instead of Chinese.
Old 09-26-2010, 03:58 AM
WAHM Addict

our company has done extensive research and ALL warmers are made over seas
Old 09-26-2010, 08:50 AM
WAHM Fanatic

Thumbs up

This post was originally from last year, I'm surprised it's still going on. In any event, for me For Every Home has been a Godsend! I love them for the great products and diversity to have candles and cubes in every scent we have, the ability to use our warmers to warm the cubes and our new Nectars AND to warm our candles! There are no bulbs in our warmers so no need to have to have them replaced. Our warmers can also be used to keep coffee warm, soup, dip or anything else you need to keep constantly warm. No we do not have the variety of warmers that Scentsy has, but I love that our selections are growing and that I am able to choose whether I want to burn my candle, warm it or use the cubes or Nectars. Either way, I have been pleased and amazed at the great scents and fragrance that I have experienced with FEH products. Love ya FEH!
Old 09-27-2010, 07:43 PM
WAHM Master

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlickerScents View Post
our company has done extensive research and ALL warmers are made over seas
True and that's a bummer. BUT ALL candle companies get their warmers there.

But I LOVE that our candles are made right in PA( 3 hours from my house!)

and I LOVE having the option to offer both melts and candles. Personally I use both and many people do.
Nothing like the added ambience of a burning flickering flame.
Old 09-28-2010, 06:00 AM
WAHM Fanatic

Well Susan, I can tell you that I don't prey on my friends or family or neighbors for that matter. People come to ME. And as far as the warmers being made in China, that is where THEY ALL come from. And they are NOT glazed with leaded paint (at least I know the Scentsy Warmers aren't). The wax is indeed made in the USA.

So sorry you have had a bad experience with your shows. I would never get a table at a show that was just for handmade crafts. I don't even bother with ones that say only handmade. I stick with shows that off openings to home-bases businesses (which Scentsy is). And I can tell you my business is flourishing this month!

I worked for a major auto company and I can also tell you that they get some of their parts from--you guessed it--China! It's just the way it is and really there is not much we can do. Even our little trinkets we buy from places like Disney World are made in China. It is very hard these days (and even back when I was a kid) to find things not made there.
Old 10-11-2010, 01:52 PM
Registered WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imamomagain View Post

So sorry you have had a bad experience with your shows. I would never get a table at a show that was just for handmade crafts. I don't even bother with ones that say only handmade. I stick with shows that off openings to home-bases businesses (which Scentsy is). And I can tell you my business is flourishing this month!
You may not, but many of your compatriots do. I cannot tell you how many "juried, handmade ONLY" shows I've been in that I've seen reps from Scentsy sneak into. One in my area even brags about how she lies on the application and sneaks into the shows.

What makes it worse are the reps who decide that the best way to sell their product is by trashing others. I've had reps claim that I make "Scentsy Knockoffs"-- nevermind the fact that I was selling my tarts in clamshells long before Scentsy started doing it in what 2005 or 2006? Or the reps that claim that you can only use Scentsy melts in your melters. Or any other number of claims that I've heard in the past couple of years since the company has boomed.

I love Scentsy-- that company helped put wickless on the map and my sales of my products have skyrocketed. All because people now know what wickless is thanks to the company. Most of my customers go to Scentsy for the warmers (I don't have the financial backing for all those adorable warmers) and then come back to me for my tarts.

Now-- having said all that-- if I were to get involved in a Candle MLM, it would likely be Scentsy or MB. Excellent backing, great products overall, and good public image. But man-oh-man they have some of the most vicious reps.
Old 10-23-2010, 11:11 AM
Awesome WAHM

i love candles and have been burning them all of my life.
never have i had one that smelled all the way down, burned even, didnt have soot or think black smoke...
until i tried a mia bella. i will NEVER burn another candle in my home but miabella.
they are wonderful, smell great, and i promise you will not go back ones to try one!

This ad will disappear if you login