Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > WAHM Life > Business Advice and Topics

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 08-11-2011, 09:54 AM
Grand WAHM

Send a message via AIM to Amy Jacobs Send a message via Yahoo to Amy Jacobs
Default try here

on wahm in the advertise your business folder.

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on WAHM!

Old 08-11-2011, 10:18 AM
Super WAHM

Send a message via AIM to colly5

Great advice Karie! I use them too. I also use free classified sites like Craigslist, Backpage and others. I absolutely LOVE social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, CafeMom and others. I try to be as consistent as I can on the social sites. I write articles as well and do some video marketing which I plan on scaling up once the kids go back to school on Monday. :-)
Old 09-10-2011, 03:35 PM
WAHM Regular

What will you be selling?

Adwords is a good channel for most products and services.
Old 09-14-2011, 02:30 PM
Super WAHM

I get traffic lots of ways. I use freeadboards viral banner advertising, and viral marketing tools. I have gotten quite a bit of signups for my programs. The reason I like freeadboards is they allow you to build a list which is very important when you are doing internet marketing. The three fundamentals in internet marketing are: advertising, building a list, and making money. You can join for free, but many of them offer an upgrade, they do not break your bank account either. Usually, they are just a one-time fee only. (Which I prefer)

Also, writing articles is a great way to get traffic. You can participate in forums. Join online communities such as squidoo, twitter, facebook, viralnetworks, and apsense. Just never give-up. It will happen.
Old 09-15-2011, 02:00 AM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by karie View Post
Hi,

I get the vast majority of my sign-ups and sales using list builders/safelists. You can think of list builders as "instant lists" of people you can advertise to. When you join as a member of a list builder, you give permission to receive ads from other members through email marketing, and in turn, you can also send email offers to other members of the list builder. The key to success with list builders is to use good ad copy, and strong attention-grabbing subject lines. Consistency is also very important.. send your ads out as often as your membership allows. You can choose a free membership at list builders, or, you can choose to upgrade your membership, if you want to mail to way more members, and much more often.

Karie
Karie, do you have any recommendations for list builders you've found helpful?

Thanks!
Old 09-15-2011, 10:40 PM
WAHM Regular

This is a great thread, lots of useful information as I was wondering the same things myself.

Before when I was writing I would generally just send emails to people or contact them through other means, and also craigslist of course. Now I'm not quite sure what I am going to do but I will keep up with this thread, that's for sure~
Old 09-16-2011, 06:04 AM
Awesome WAHM

Send a message via Skype™ to ccorrente

Wow, nice thread. I am also interested in this information. I have had some success with Facebook ads. I like that you can limit the amount you want to spend and target the right people.

I am also going to now look into list builders and I will report back here if I have any success with that.
Old 09-18-2011, 07:16 AM
WAHM Regular

Besides the most important sites-optimizing your site for Google's search results, Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube, also make use of press releases. pr.com is free and my press releases always show up in Google News. Press releases are a good way to advertise your site. Another way to advertise and bring traffic to your site is to write articles and submit them to a site such as articlesbase.com That is also free. Your article is syndicated and what you write will be picked up by other sites. There are pros and cons to article syndication, but I like it.
Old 09-18-2011, 06:14 PM
WAHM Regular

Default Here is some advice for you

You can advertise your business on social media, and you can do a lot of internet marketing as well for free. That will bring you many people to you.

All the best,

Lisa
Old 09-18-2011, 07:04 PM
WAHM Regular

I would like to learn more about the email lists as well. Are there any lists that are better than others and are there lists for specific topics?

This ad will disappear if you login