Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Sales Companies > Bath/Body/Cosmetics/Skin Care Companies > Bath/Body/Cosmetics/Skin Care companies

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 05-20-2010, 11:37 AM
Registered WAHM

Question Looking for company like Avon to rep for??????

Hi, I am looking for a cosmetic and spa company like avon to be a rep for. Tried Avon didn't work out, too many avon reps in my area. I am a stay at home mom of 3, foster parent, and homeschool mom. I like companies that have catalogs to give out alot of peolple I know don't have time for parties, but I would also like to have the option to have parties for the friends that do have time. I like companies who have cosmetics, spa products, jewelry all in one place. I looked at Beauty Control, but you have to have a party selling $150.00 and I don't know that I could sell that much at a party. If you know of a company like I am looking to rep for please e-mail me.
Thanks
smith316
smith316@bellsouth.net
Sponsored Links

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on WAHM!

Old 05-20-2010, 02:22 PM
WAHM Regular

I emailed you with some information about Jafra. Our signup fees are low (and we are running a special this month). There is no minimum party sales and you can sell by catalog or by parties-- the choice is yours.

Your kit comes with training information, catalogs, order forms, and a few full sized products to try, to demo, or to sell!

I'd be happy to help you out!
Old 05-20-2010, 06:47 PM
WAHM Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by smith316 View Post
. I looked at Beauty Control, but you have to have a party selling $150.00 and I don't know that I could sell that much at a party.
Hello.

Please don't take this wrong, but I have to ask...

You really think you could not sell $150.00 worth of products at a party?

Especially with skin care and jewelry?

I have never had a $150.00 party in my life even when I "temporarily" sold food. (small ticket items where you have to sell a lot)
The smallest party I ever had was $246.00. ( food)
In skin care the sales are MUCH higher!

My company sells great skin care products ( aloe based) and jewelry with swarovski crystal.
The average party sales (COMPANY WIDE) is $550.00.
$1000.00 parties are not uncommon at all.

Think BIG!

You get what you expect. It's called The Law Of Attraction.

If all you think you can sell is $150.00 or less that is what you will get.

If all I ever got was $150.00 parties I wouldn't do it. It's just not worth the gas and travel.

There are VERY high party sales in skin care and jewelry.

Just saying!

All the best in your search.

Old 05-20-2010, 07:38 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Hey Smith316.... ....

I'm here to encourage you to contact EstyGirl.

A few differences between what you experienced with Avon, and why I believe that an "Avon refugee" could do well with Jafra :

Campaigns vs Jafra Cycles: This is a biggie. We run our specials "book" for two months. So instead of trying to cover all over your clientele every 2 weeks, you have 2 months to see everyone. The upside of this is that clients are not getting burned out or feeling "pestered".... and for you.... it means that if a gal spends roughly $50 on a month on cosmetics (just for example), you will probably be able to pick up a nice $100 order once every other month instead of having to see the same client 4 times and getting $25 each time (just averaging - hope you see the difference in how much effort is needed).

Basically, you can establish a larger clientele, have a larger order average and do less work to maintain a larger clientele base because of the timing of these "books".

Commissions:

Huge dif. We get 50% off for the whole month by placing the first order of the month for $300 or more. If you don't place a $300 order, then you still get 30% off.

A few more things to consider:

Packaging & Pricing!

I hope you take the time to talk with EstyGirl... because you'll find that we're priced in a range that makes it incredibly easy to gain loyal clientele - and we get many clients "hooked" on us because of the value they receive in our products compared to lines costing 4 or even 5 times more!

In this economy, this is extra important. But even when the economy straightens out, it only makes sense to work with a line that is pleasing to the masses instead of working with niche products that most clients can't/won't buy. I really believe that Jafra is the best place to be because of how we are positioned.

Lastly, no need to do parties... and get with EstyGirl and ask her about some of the other ways our team is doing some fantastic sales with very little effort. (I took a $302 order last night from a gal who initially ordered $264 in January... and I didn't "get" her from a party or a personal - PM me and I'll give you some details. )

Just sayin'... this is the place to be.

Wishing you well in whatever you decide!
Old 05-21-2010, 07:17 PM
WAHM Master

Sorry to butt in but as an Avon rep and team leader as well as the ex-new rep trainer in my district (of over 600 reps!) I disagree with this-->" Tried Avon didn't work out, too many avon reps in my area."
Maybe Avon didn't work for you for other reasons?
On my UPS truck route alone, my driver said he has approx 15 reps and yet many of the reps do well.
Saturation is a myth.
I used to live on a street that had 3 reps and we all had customers...in our daily lives, we all go to different doctors, know different people, play different sports, etc..so there are many ways to find new customers without feeling like you are competing.

Having said that, choose what you LIKE and what appeals to you, don't worry about if there are other reps in the area .
Avon doesn't require parties as you know, so you never have to put in a certain amount order at a time .I think it's a fantastic business to be in!

and wootini, as far as customers "not getting burned out or feeling "pestered" by a catalog every 2 weeks, in my over 9 years with Avon, I have never had anyone say to leave less books or act as if they were pestered.. Most times they were anxious for the new ones.

To each their own....:-)

Best wishes!
~Debra

Conect with me on Facebook

Last edited by DebraFerrie; 05-21-2010 at 07:37 PM.
Old 05-21-2010, 07:42 PM
WAHM Fanatic

smith316, I don't do this for a living, but my hairdresser is a Mary Kay consultant. I have no idea how she does, because I don't buy the product. I'm a Bare Minerals fan myself, and I don't think they use Independent reps.

If Avon didn't work out don't worry about it, move on to something else. Best wishes in your business ventures.
Old 05-22-2010, 04:39 AM
Banned

You can visit the link in my siggy to find a rep in your state and a variety of beauty/skincare companies. It will give you some ideas on their businesses.

Good luck to you!
Old 05-23-2010, 09:10 AM
WAHM Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debra F View Post

and wootini, as far as customers "not getting burned out or feeling "pestered" by a catalog every 2 weeks, in my over 9 years with Avon, I have never had anyone say to leave less books or act as if they were pestered.. Most times they were anxious for the new ones.
~Debra
Hey Deborah.... no offense was intended....

Just for the record, I started my selling career in 1974 with Avon. I was 16 and in High School. (manager cheated on the paperwork - said I was 18 lol - and we never got in trouble for it) I covered all the teachers as well as I had a territory back then. I'd get passes to leave school for the morning to go hit the Avon meeting at a hotel 25 miles away so I could go get my "loot" (I got awards right from the start!). I can still tell you my manager's name from back then - lol - it was a terrific experience. I learned early on that I could do ANYTHING I wanted because I was in control of how much money I earned. I bought all of my clothes, makeup (at a discount-lol), ski equipment, lift tickets, and I had a sewing addiction that Avon paid for! Back then, tho, we didn't start out with low commissions - I think we got at least 40% all the time. I really learned how to sales goals from that experience.

Much has changed... and while I'm grateful for the Avon experience, and I realize it can still fulfill many women's needs or desires - (and the products are great) - I find that it would be impossible for me to meet my goals in that program these days (or in any 25-30% company, for that matter)

For starters... being able to get 50% on your sales is uber-important if earning money is the focus. I **only** took $800 worth of orders last week. (Bad week lol) In the Avon realm, that wouldn't have earned me 50%.

Also... in the golden oldie days (before internet and newer policies), we did get to run a territory in Avon. That wasn't a bad thing. But these days, it's just not feasible because of how people shop the internet. So I also can imagine bumping in to lots of other Avon reps if I were selling. Of course that can be overcome, but it still is a hurdle to cross.

And even if clients don't *say* something about the frequency of being "hit up", many are sensitive to it. People won't tell a person they have bad breath, either - but that doesn't mean that they aren't sensitive to it.

And yes... if a client loves her Avon, she also doesn't want to miss one of her products going on special- so of course she doesn't want to miss a book.

But... here's where the rubber meets the road, IMO: Do you want to see a client 4 times in 2 months or be able to accomplish the same level of sales by seeing her 1 time in 2 months to make sure she doesn't miss sales specials? There's the math that matters. So a gal that is focused on superior customer service can have a clientele that is four times larger while putting out the same effort.

I know I never took a $250 or $300 Avon order (even adjusted for inflation - lol). But I do get those with Jafra. My best order last week was $302.

Also... again from the "working" side... it's much easier (IMO) for a part time consultant to cope with buying business aids (thinking brochures) every 2 months than every 2 weeks. The cost of doing her little business is easier to bear.

Those are just some of the differences I see from my perspective - having done both.

JMO
Old 05-23-2010, 09:51 AM
WAHM Regular

And as far as her feeling that there were "too many reps", why try to negate her opinion?

I have a friend who left Avon for a similar reason. She worked it hard and was continually told "My _____ sells it" (sister, mom, daughter, neighbor, friend). She just couldn't break into the market in her area. So in some areas (particularly smaller towns) yes, it is possible for it to seem like there are "too many".

I have another friend who adores Avon and always gets her little sales awards every year.

Each person has different needs as far as what they want out of a company. It does no good to negate a persons feelings on a company. Its no different than a certain company that generally calls those who leave their company "lazy" and "unwilling to work the business".
Old 08-02-2010, 09:16 PM
WAHM Regular

Sending you a PM about Sensaria.

This ad will disappear if you login