Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Sales Companies > Bath/Body/Cosmetics/Skin Care Companies > Avon

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 04-12-2012, 02:04 PM
Registered WAHM

Default Need Help with First Order

Hello!!

I just completed my first campaign. Didn't go so well. I basically was the only one who bought something.lol

I basically will pay about $85 for $105 worth of product. Disappointing...if that was a customer order, I would only have made $20?? The discount of 40% was cancelled out by all the tax and the shipping fee.

A few questions: (I will number them to make it easier, lol)

1. I was charged a "one simple fee preferred" at $5.95. Why is that? I thought shipping was free if you ordered once during the actual campaign.

There was an issue about customer service ordering brochures for me and charging me when my welcome kit did not have the next campaign's brochures. Only the current one and 2 campaign's back. What was I supposed to do with brochures 2 campaigns old? And I couldn't order the next campaign brochures since you always order 2 ahead. So, when I emailed them, they automatically ordered 1 measly pack and charged me $6 and change.

2. Should they have made me pay for that? I thought welcome kit was supposed to have the current brochure and the next camp. brochure as well. Is that correct?

3. Also, why are there different campaigns numbers going on at the same time. I just ended campaign 11. But I hear people talking about earlier campaigns?

4. Why is my order still in "billed" status? It's been in that status for ~24 hrs. It was originally on hold, unbeknownst to me, due to my being unaware of needing to pay $6.xx for the brochures. I paid last night and it went to "billed" last night. Now, still billed?? I want my goodies!

Last edited by Jade95; 04-12-2012 at 02:08 PM.
Sponsored Links

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on WAHM!

Old 04-12-2012, 02:32 PM
Super Moderator

Hello!!
Hi Jade - Excellent questions
I just completed my first campaign. Didn't go so well. I basically was the only one who bought something.lol That happens especially if you dont get the full two weeks to sell from.

I basically will pay about $85 for $105 worth of product. Disappointing...if that was a customer order, I would only have made $20?? The discount of 40% was cancelled out by all the tax and the shipping fee. You should have received 20% on non-core products (items avon doesnt make, i.e. Curves, Disney, Conair) and 40% on core products (things Avon does make)

A few questions: (I will number them to make it easier, lol)

1. I was charged a "one simple fee preferred" at $5.95. Why is that? I thought shipping was free if you ordered once during the actual campaign.
Have you discussed with with the person who signed you up? (upline) She needs to know you have valid questions and to perhaps make a second appointment with you to go over your invoice to clear things up.
We pay shipping now It is based on how much you sell. We charge each customer as before, a 75cent processing fee, only now we get to keep the whole thing - it ends up paying for our shipping costs. Once you get a customer base you would only need 8 orders to cover that.

There was an issue about customer service ordering brochures for me and charging me when my welcome kit did not have the next campaign's brochures. Talk to your district manager about removing the fee. This is an Avon error, not a rep error.
Only the current one and 2 campaign's back. What was I supposed to do with brochures 2 campaigns old? And I couldn't order the next campaign brochures since you always order 2 ahead. So, when I emailed them, they automatically ordered 1 measly pack and charged me $6 and change. We can work from the current campaign PLUS the back two campaign also (backorder onto current order) Our books are actually good for 3 campaigns (6 weeks) and btw, we can backorder books too.

2. Should they have made me pay for that? I thought welcome kit was supposed to have the current brochure and the next camp. brochure as well. Is that correct? You are correct - Did avon mail you your kit, or did your upline fill it with the wrong books?

3. Also, why are there different campaigns numbers going on at the same time. I just ended campaign 11. But I hear people talking about earlier campaigns? We can order from current campaign plus the past two. I normally put the next book into the order I am delivering, so I can also start a "future" order if they call before it actually starts.

4. Why is my order still in "billed" status? It's been in that status for ~24 hrs. It was originally on hold, unbeknownst to me, due to my being unaware of needing to pay $6.xx for the brochures. I paid last night and it went to "billed" last night. Now, still billed?? I want my goodies! There is a box below the billed one.... it says shipped
Check to see if it has shipped yet. Might take another 24hrs for Avon computer to update at midnight for you to see it.

Hope this helps a bit.
Congratulations on your first order and welcome to avon!
Bonnie

[/QUOTE]
Old 04-12-2012, 02:45 PM
Registered WAHM

^^THANK YOU!! You are very nice! That answered a lot!

My kit was mailed to me. So, I emailed my upline.

Ugh...I am frustrated to say the least. At this rate with no customers..I don't know if this is worth it.
Old 04-12-2012, 03:17 PM
Super Moderator

It doesnt happen overnight - what you put in is what you take back.

Remember the book is your "store". You need books to get orders.

You have only had ONE order.... cut yourself some slack! Get some logo wear - become "THE" avon lady... make sure your neighborhood knows who to go to!

You can do this if you dont give up!

Bonnie

Old 04-12-2012, 03:49 PM
WAHM Master

Jade, I am sure Bonnie answered your questions (i didn't actually read all of it) but I want to add, make a "Who do You Know" list of every person you know or place you go. Start with the list and contact everyone. Ask them if they will become a helper by taking a brochure to work and collecting orders for you or ask them to help you get the word out about your business. These people on this list are the closest ones to you and hopefully would love to help you get your business started.

This ad will disappear if you login