Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Sales Companies > Bath/Body/Cosmetics/Skin Care Companies > Avon

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 11-18-2011, 09:35 PM
Registered WAHM

Question New Rep and New to the Forum with Questions if you have time!

Hello! I'm new to this forum and new to Avon - I joined right before all the changes with One Simple Fee and I admit that I just wanted to do a small business for myself, family, and friends while getting a discount and earning a little on the side. Now, with the One Simple Fee and minimum order size requirement, I'm realizing I have to do a lot more than "small" to make a difference!

Not to throw my "mentors" in my district under the bus, but they don't really have time for little ole me and my 5 customers. But I do have a pretty good order (for me) for this campaign and I want to do it right. So I'm hoping someone here could help out.

I have several items for C25 that are saying potential short until C26. I was not planning on ordering from C26 - so how do I get those items shipped to me and how much does this cost? Or should I do a separate order for those potentially short items? How much does it cost to place a separate shipment? (I know I should place an order every campaign but I simply don't have enough customers yet to do that.)

What about items that have the red X, no stock available? Is there any hope to get these at all? Should I order them or delete them?

Technically, my order for C25 is not due until 11/25. If I place my Avon order this weekend or Monday, will it ship any earlier? Is there any benefit to placing the order early - say, possibly getting some of the items that they may have a potential short of?

I know - lots of little details. Thanks so much to anyone who can help sort me out!
Sponsored Links

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on WAHM!

Old 11-19-2011, 05:55 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaKat View Post
Hello! I'm new to this forum and new to Avon - I joined right before all the changes with One Simple Fee and I admit that I just wanted to do a small business for myself, family, and friends while getting a discount and earning a little on the side. Now, with the One Simple Fee and minimum order size requirement, I'm realizing I have to do a lot more than "small" to make a difference!
Welcome to Avon!

Not to throw my "mentors" in my district under the bus, but they don't really have time for little ole me and my 5 customers. But I do have a pretty good order (for me) for this campaign and I want to do it right. So I'm hoping someone here could help out. We are all here to help you along with your questions!

I have several items for C25 that are saying potential short until C26. I was not planning on ordering from C26 - so how do I get those items shipped to me and how much does this cost? Backorders and shorts normally ship automatically with your next order. I have called customer service and asked for them to be shipped asap and they usually do. You did say POTENTIAL short... that means they "might " run out, but if they have some, they will ship. Or should I do a separate order for those potentially short items? How much does it cost to place a separate shipment? (I know I should place an order every campaign but I simply don't have enough customers yet to do that.) Separate ship would make your order ship sooner, but not necessarily get you the potential short items.

What about items that have the red X, no stock available? Is there any hope to get these at all? Should I order them or delete them? I always order them - if some are returned, you may be lucky and get one. If they are indeed out, it will show on your invoice as Not Available / Do Not Reorder

Technically, my order for C25 is not due until 11/25. If I place my Avon order this weekend or Monday, will it ship any earlier? Separate ship means it will process earlier Is there any benefit to placing the order early - say, possibly getting some of the items that they may have a potential short of? First come / First served.

I know - lots of little details. Thanks so much to anyone who can help sort me out!
Hope that helps!
Bonnie
Old 11-19-2011, 06:48 AM
WAHM Master

The potenital shorts show up all the time on the page before I submit my order. I go ahead and submit everything (that determines your earnings %). Most the time I get everything in my order even though it says that. However around the holidays you will see some backorders. It usually isn't to bad though. If you do have back ordered items you could possibly just submit a next order for brochures, we don't earn off of them anyway.
Old 11-19-2011, 09:21 AM
WAHM Fanatic

I had about 15 items on my C24 order that said potential shorts but all but 4 items are coming. Unfortunately, the one thing that said Do Not Reorder is one of those.

Speaking of... it's the Holiday Gift Bags (red felt ones). Does anyone have 7 I can buy for my customer who needs them by December 5th

Ref Code: DLANCASTER
Old 11-19-2011, 05:12 PM
Super Moderator

Thought the backorders on the red bags were due to ship by C26 (in time for Christmas)??
Bonnie
Old 11-19-2011, 09:08 PM
WAHM Fanatic

I guess by RPS 6 C24 Avon determined they will not have enough supply to meet demands. It's disappointing because they had the special on them in C24.

Ref Code: DLANCASTER
Old 11-26-2011, 09:04 AM
Registered WAHM

I just wanted to say THANK YOU to everyone who responded!

I placed my order VERY early and even though my order did not ship early, I believe that at least placing it way ahead of time did make a difference. Only TWO of my items (the lavender footworks sets) will not ship until C-26. EVERYTHING ELSE IS COMING!!! Even the lighted holiday bags I didn't think I was going to get, even the no longer available shaving kit and winterberry lipstick!!!

I also wanted to say that Avon customer service did not let me down, either. They were able to tell me that the One Simple Fee means that I can place a separate order for whatever won't ship until C-26 and pay the shipping fee according to however much the items cost according to the normal shipping fee schedule.

AND my first time getting 35% off - woot! Thanks again!
Old 11-28-2011, 04:25 PM
Super Moderator

I just mailed off my C26 books. Post office is SO slow this time of year!

I think I will put my C25 order in early... half now / half later so I can get a heads start on it. To get an order to ship before your due date, turn it in as a "separate ship" order Voila! It will ship asap.

Bonnie
Old 11-28-2011, 06:09 PM
WAHM Regular

Yes, I tried to order the red bags last campaign and it said they would not be available.

This ad will disappear if you login