Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Sales Companies > Bath/Body/Cosmetics/Skin Care Companies > Avon

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 10-01-2011, 02:25 PM
WAHM Regular

Post How do you organize your Avon business?

I'm a new Rep/eRep looking for suggestions to organize my business. I have MBA for Avon for accounting purposes and customer database, but need an efficient way to organize all the Rep info/P&Ps/Guidelines/Rules, campaign brochures, samples, BOK certs, etc. I'm thinking some kind of binder system?

TIA for your suggestions!

Theresa Harper
AVON Independent Representative
AVON Representative THERESA HARPER serving the Holly Lk Rnch, TX area
Sponsored Links

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on WAHM!

Old 10-01-2011, 03:00 PM
Online Business Owner

Send a message via Skype™ to DeeAmber
Smile

Hello,

I think it's different for everyone. While one person may prefer the Blackberry way, another may like the paper and pen approach. What exactly are you trying to keep organized? What is it that you would like to focus on? I'm in the same position. I'm anally organized, but never feel perfectly organized, so I'm constantly looking for new solutions lol.

BTW, who is your upline?

~Dee
Old 10-01-2011, 04:01 PM
WAHM Regular

I need a system to organize:
1. Representative literature, such as general information/policies/guidelines/rules
2. Campaign brochures
3. Samples
4. Beauty of Knowledge certs

I have different preferences for different situations. For example, I prefer a computer-based approach for bookkeeping and customer maintenance. For printed/printable materials I like some sort of file or binder system.

My DSM is Diane Wakeland in the East Texas area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeAmber View Post
Hello,

I think it's different for everyone. While one person may prefer the Blackberry way, another may like the paper and pen approach. What exactly are you trying to keep organized? What is it that you would like to focus on? I'm in the same position. I'm anally organized, but never feel perfectly organized, so I'm constantly looking for new solutions lol.

BTW, who is your upline?

~Dee
Old 10-01-2011, 04:05 PM
Online Business Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheecha View Post
I need a system to organize:
1. Representative literature, such as general information/policies/guidelines/rules
2. Campaign brochures
3. Samples
4. Beauty of Knowledge certs

I have different preferences for different situations. For example, I prefer a computer-based approach for bookkeeping and customer maintenance. For printed/printable materials I like some sort of file or binder system.

My DSM is Diane Wakeland in the East Texas area.
File cabinet with hanging folders and/or Excel. Those are my best friends right now lol

I asked about your upline because I was thinking you could probably also ask her too. She should be able to help you out as she's "been there, done that" so to speak. My upline is Bonnie (she's also on the boards) and she's been wonderful.

None of my questions go unanswered. However, I must say that, due to previous miserable experiences, I did some thorough research on upline prospects before enrolling

Welcome to Avon btw
Old 10-01-2011, 04:17 PM
WAHM Regular

Thanks for your suggestions, Dee....and for the 'welcome'
Because of space limitations, I was hoping to avoid the file cabinet thing...
I haven't heard from my DSM since I signed up but I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt, as she may be on vacation or business trip...
Old 10-01-2011, 06:44 PM
Super Moderator

Theresa

Were you signed up by a DSM? If so "she" so to speak , is your upline.

You will want to hang out here if thats the case... DSM's have to watch over huge amounts of people in their districts, so please if you have questions ask here ok?

We will all help

Bonnie
Old 10-03-2011, 04:38 PM
WAHM Regular

Yes, my upline is my DSM - she was out of town and contacted me today. We happen to live in the same neighborhood, which is a huge blessing! Having you wahm girls available is an added blessing! Thank you for all your help
Old 10-03-2011, 09:44 PM
Super WAHM

Send a message via Yahoo to Beth Guerra

Hi Cheecha! You might try crate files since you have limited space.
Old 10-04-2011, 08:15 AM
WAHM Fanatic

A crate works a hanging file box (cardboard, plastic, metal). They have them all for hanging file folders and they don't cost too much.

I've used accordion folders before but didn't find them as user friendly.
Coupon wallets work great for organizing receipts.
Craft boxes or tackle boxes work well for most samples.

I order brochures by the case and keep them in the boxes even after I label them & bag them until I'm ready to get them out. For extras I usually get them ready and put them in a sturdy shopping bag. I have a small wire shelf (on wheels) for current flyers so I can see them and grab them when I'm getting orders and brochures together.

As for staying organized. You have to stay on top of it everyday because it can get out of hand in a hurry.

Ref Code: DLANCASTER
Old 10-07-2011, 10:44 AM
Online Business Owner

I live in NYC so I know all about limited space. However, I have a file cabinet...a huge one actually. It's awesome. I put it in the corner of my bedroom.

This ad will disappear if you login

Tags
avon business, new reps, organize