Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Sales Companies > Bath/Body/Cosmetics/Skin Care Companies > Avon

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 04-25-2009, 08:13 PM
Registered WAHM

Hello everyone!
I need some help. I sold avon a long time ago andI think it was 6 years ago when I stopped. I LOVE Avon and wanna start selling again. My problem is, I'm not sure if I had an unpaid balance when I stopped. I was young and irresponsible back then and didn't take it as seriously as I should have.

If I had a balance, can I still sell it if I pay the balance? Does anyone know how that would work? Any advice is greatly appreciated! Thanks.
Sponsored Links

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on WAHM!

Old 04-25-2009, 08:53 PM
WAHM Master

My advice to you is go ahead and try to sign up. Even if someone called in on your SS# most likely the information is no longer in the system. I have had people want to join who told me they owed a balance. I called in no information and now they are selling again and they are doing really well.

If you do Avonwill catch it within your first two campaigns and your order will go on hold. If that happens call your DM and find out if that is the reason.Your DM will receive an email from Avon with your previous account information. If you do have a balance you most likely will not be able to sell under your name again.Edited by: SAHMof2
Old 04-25-2009, 08:56 PM
Super WAHM

Send a message via Yahoo to Mama2Cbug

No idea about that but I just wanted to say HI! AND WELCOME BACK!
Ref code: morganking
Old 04-25-2009, 10:58 PM
WAHM Master

If someone had an unpaid balance a few years back and it went to collections they can sign up but usually by the second campaign Avon catches it an freezes the account. Least that's what has happened to some of the reps I've had who left owing money.
Old 04-26-2009, 07:17 AM
WAHM Master

Yes Terri that is correct. Once Avon flags the double SS# and finds the old account owes a balance they will freeze the account and send an email to the DM with a previous P&L information(bad debt). At this time that rep will no longer be able to sell under their name and SS#.

Terri, if this happens to you DO NOT tell the rep until you are sure she has paid her balance. Because then you don't get paid. Edited by: SAHMof2
Old 04-26-2009, 09:40 AM
Registered WAHM

Thanks for the help!
If there is a balance, is there any way to find out before I start selling? andcan I just pay itand sell again? I thought it was up to the DM whenit came to situations such as this. I don't want to place an order and then have it frozen.

The reason I stopped selling was I moved 5 hours away and really didn't want to build another client list. I just moved back and A LOT of my clients before are asking me if I still sell.

Thanks again for the help!
Old 04-26-2009, 10:10 AM
WAHM Master

No there is not. It has been to long since you sold and even if you did pay it off you would not be able to sell again under your name and ss#
Old 04-27-2009, 07:21 AM
WAHM Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessica1205

Thanks for the help!
If there is a balance, is there any way to find out before I start selling? andcan I just pay itand sell again? I thought it was up to the DM whenit came to situations such as this. I don't want to place an order and then have it frozen.

The reason I stopped selling was I moved 5 hours away and really didn't want to build another client list. I just moved back and A LOT of my clients before are asking me if I still sell.

Thanks again for the help!
The other option you could try is to call Outside Collections at 513-551-4774. If you went that route, they would be able to tell you how much you owe, but you won't be able to sell again.
Edited by: pamelab

This ad will disappear if you login