Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Sales Companies > Bath/Body/Cosmetics/Skin Care Companies > Avon

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 02-08-2008, 05:57 AM
Super WAHM

I am browsing the demo section. What is the purpose of this? Does it actually save you $ ? Thanks
Sponsored Links

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on WAHM!

Old 02-08-2008, 06:09 AM
Super WAHM

The purpose is for the reps to get new products about a month before they are in the brochure so you can show them to your customers, and get them excited for what is coming out. Also it gives you a chance to order the products and try them out so when they are in the brochure and the customer has questions about them, you will have first hand knowledge of the products.
You really don't save much money the products are already 40% and 20% (25% in some cases) discounted from the selling price in the brochure. So you would be paying the same price just getting them a little earlier.

(one thing on Demos is when you are accumulating award sales, You will only get award sales on the DEMO price, if youwait to purchase it from the brochure you will get BROCHURE price in award sales...For those trying to get to pc and need all the award sales points they can get, its better to wait the month and order the product from the brochure, you pay the same price (usually) but you get higher award sales.
Old 02-08-2008, 06:17 AM
Super WAHM

Thank you!I think I will wait, have enough to deal with as it is.
I am so happy my boss let us off today, my orders came yesterday. Have an extra full day to work on Avon. Woohooo
Old 02-08-2008, 06:21 AM
WAHM Master

When you first start you won't be saving any money as you get 50% on your orders but as mentionedyou can get the itemsearlier.
IF your sales are not getting you a 40% discount on your items after the first 4 campaigns then ordering them at that price does save you money. Again as mentioned, you do get less award sales which are better in the long run. Once you have gotten $10,100 in award sales (presidents club)you are guaranteed a 40% discount on core items and a 25% discount on fixed items for a year. So that's a decision you need to make ...save a little now or save more later [img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]Edited by: Terri-Avon
Old 02-08-2008, 03:38 PM
Awesome WAHM

Send a message via Yahoo to AvonFromStubby

I order demos for myself. I wear but don't make an effort to say, "hey look at this new AVON product that's about to come out!" unless I'm working a fair or major event. Then it's all about the demos for future products.

Old 02-08-2008, 03:49 PM
Super WAHM

Thanks for the info on award sales. I seen that on my invoice but had no idea what it meant. Thats really cool! I hope i can make it to $10,100, Guaranteed 40% and %25 for non core, woohoo
You do mean that would be my earnings each campaign?
Old 02-08-2008, 06:15 PM
WAHM Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharron
You do mean that would be my earnings each campaign?
Yes...regardless of order size!!!
Old 02-08-2008, 06:43 PM
Super WAHM

yes, but in order to keep it each year you must reach PC each year.
As soon as you reach pc level. (remember in c8 we ALL go back to 0 award sales and have to try for it again) you start getting those benefits. (if you reach pc in c10 you start getting the benefits then and have them for the entire next year. If you reach pc in c7 then you have the benefits for the next cycle (year). Most reps find it Very easy to reach pc after they've reached it once.
Old 02-09-2008, 07:23 AM
Super WAHM

hummm, that sounds a lil confusing.
let me see if i got it.
IF you are at pc level you go back to $0 in C8?
But if you just started you still have this whole year?
Sorry, I am a lil slow hummm slower this morning
Old 02-09-2008, 07:28 AM
WAHM Master

You have throughC8 2008 - C7 2009 to make award sales of $10,100 to reach PC. Once you reach PC you will start earning the rewards that Campaign (ex you reach it in C13 2008 you will start recieving your 40% through the rest of the campaign year and the next for reaching PC) However C8 2009 starts all over with 0 award points for all but if you reached PC you will still earn at PC level but you have to reach PC during the C8 2009 - C7 2010 in order to keep PC if you don't you loose it and won't recieve it during the C8 2010 - C7 2011 campaign year. Did that make sense.

This ad will disappear if you login