Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Sales Companies > Bath/Body/Cosmetics/Skin Care Companies > Avon

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 03-07-2007, 08:40 AM
WAHM Regular

How many times to you toss to a house before you assume they have no interest in Avon? The training manual in Canada says 5 times but that gets costly!
Sponsored Links

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on WAHM!

Old 03-07-2007, 08:42 AM
Awesome WAHM

I say 3 times. Cost depends on how many brochures you purchase. I get my extras for $.19 each because I purchase 180-200 per campaign so that really isn't a lot.
Old 03-07-2007, 09:15 AM
WAHM Fanatic

Send a message via Yahoo to MommyTwo

I just started picking apartments to target, soo i'm buying
50 a campaign just for that plus enough for my customers... about 60 or
so, and i'm going to try each complex at least 2ce before moving
onto the next. i haven't desicided to see if
i'm going to go back to it or not afterwards.

does anyone make the 'apartment bags' for new residents? i have
approached my complex about it, and i am going to approach the others
i'm canvasing. what do you think? <!--
var SymRealOnLoad;
var SymReal;

Sym()
{
window.open = SymWinOpen;
if(SymReal != null)
SymReal();
}

SymOnLoad()
{
if(SymRealOnLoad != null)
SymRealOnLoad();
window.open = SymRealWinOpen;
SymReal = window.;
window. = Sym;
}

SymRealOnLoad = window.onload;
window.onload = SymOnLoad;

//-->

Old 03-07-2007, 12:33 PM
Awesome WAHM

Send a message via Yahoo to Meg J

It really depends on what I am doing - if I am working on a targeted plan - then yes I do the 5 time plan - I use left over brochures - I sell to several businesses and a healthcare facility that I work for - so I re-collect the brochures when I bring the new ones - then I use those for canvassing. So recycling - plus every so often our DM has extra brochures - especially in the winter around this time when there is not fairs, or many events that they use them up for.

They sometimes will give them away to those that ask - they do pass them around fairly usually so you have to wait your turn - but if they see you are working hard and producing they will certainly put you in the rotation - when I get a bunch - then I send notes out to my downline to offer extras out to them too

But doing repeat dropping of brochures is important as so many reps start and only sell for a few weeks or never follow through - so people are leary - also if you get a chance to talk to the people when you canvas that is good - the better impression you can make on at least a few people in that neighborhood the better - if you can get a few people to order and they have a positive experience that will open up to a lot more business.

Hope that helps a little The take rate is low with canvassing - it is much more productive to carry brochures with you with a sticky note on top - and personally offer it to people and if they are interested ask if you can have a phone or an e-mail to follow up in a week or so to see if they would like to order anything or like the new book - sometimes they will do it sometimes they won't - either way - I give them the book - and point out my contact info on the back

Meg
Old 03-07-2007, 02:37 PM
Awesome WAHM

Send a message via MSN to momof3inkc Send a message via Yahoo to momof3inkc

I toss three times, and on the third I put a neon starburst sticker on the cover that says, this may be your last brochure! Place an order today to ensure you keep receiving AVON Brochures!. This will usually get a few orders from where there were none before. Then if they order I give them a brochure every campaign of course.

I order 100 brochures a campaign right now. I need 30 or so for my customers and businesses that I leave books at and then I toss the rest. I am hoping to continue to toss 70 each campaign so I am slowly ordering more and more brochures. HTH!

Good Luck!

Lotion Now Available! www.thedirtysoapcompany.com
When you\'re so Dirty you just have to get clean.
Old 03-07-2007, 06:32 PM
Super WAHM

In direct markting, it normally takes up to 6 times for a customer to buy, they want to see you are going to stick around, not just a fly-by-night operator, and they feel like they get to know you just a bit. I found it helps me tremendously if I am tossing in a new area, to put a 'hello neighbor' letter in with my brochures. It's just a little introduction, and it realy opens people up. Yes going door to door does work better for a lot of people, if you aren't too shy and it's feasible. For me I am not only way too shy for that, but I live out in the country, and long driveways, dogs, etc. make for a realy hard time going door to door. So I toss. I almost gave up on one road, I had already tossed it about 5-6 times, but I decided to toss one more time, and got 3 new customers. Come to find out, the avon rep who was servicing that road was quitting. So don't give up. Yes it can get costly, but in reality, Avon brochures are really cheap. I used to do another direct sales company, that catalogs were about .46 each, now I am with a candle company that's awesome, but the catalogs are $2.00 each. Catalogs are business expenses, you can claim that on your taxes too.

Jessica
Old 03-07-2007, 07:13 PM
Super WAHM

I'm a "four" timer ~ on the 4th time of tossing at the same home~ I put a sticker on the front that says "don't let this be your last Avon brochure ~ call me..... to continue Avon service"

Mary, Avon UL

Old 03-07-2007, 07:36 PM
Super WAHM

Send a message via Yahoo to Alicia

I leave brochures three times. But not 3 times in a row. I leave brochures every other campaign and after the third time I leave the free (AIA) Avon in Advance twice. (every other campaign of course).And that's it![img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]
Old 03-08-2007, 09:21 PM
Registered WAHM

What is AIA?????
Old 03-11-2007, 01:43 PM
Super WAHM

Send a message via Yahoo to Alicia

The Avon In Advance brochure that you get free with each Avon brochure you order. The little thin brochure.

This ad will disappear if you login