WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

matoozie
09-08-2006, 11:26 AM
Here are a number of Real-Live people who are getting fabulous results from Shaklee for their thyroid issues. Take a look:

I have a wacky thyroid gland so I can tell you loads of stuff on weird thyroids. Mind you the average person with low thyroid does okay with just T4-Synthroid and the average person's blood only changes ever 6 weeks. Only the weird thyroid changes frequently. (an analogy is a diabetic vs. a brittle diabetic)

The best thing I learned was to take soy protein--- I truly believe that my thyroid begins to start working when I am on the I Love Dieting program WITH the soy protein. The challenge exits as to the timing of protein and the thyroid medication. Synthroid is the most picky and wants NOTHING in the stomach with it. Not soy or milk or anything. If you do eat with it, the thyroid medication does not work as strong making you think the soy is interfering. This is not true. I get up take the medicine and wait 2 hours before eating anything. WITH ILD I begin each time having signs of high thyroid and have to cut back or cut out my medication.

Debi Schroeder

I just wanted to pass along a personal testimony. I have been on thyroid medication for approximately 10-11 years. Last year the dosage of my prescription was reduced twice. Recently I had my annual checkup and they did my blood work as usual. A few days later I received a message from the doctor's office saying that my blood work was excellent and I no longer needed to take the thyroid medication. I was very surprised since it is my understanding that once you are on thyroid replacement therapy that you never come off of it. I feel that all the Shaklee supplements I have been taking for the past 2 1/2 years have had an effect on my thyroid and brought this about! I wondered if you had ever heard of anyone else on Shaklee supplements who had this experience!

I feel great and am so grateful for Shaklee in my life.

I am delighted to share with you which supplements I take, and hope that you will enjoy the benefits as well. I began taking Shaklee supplements in November of 1995, starting with the basics and gradually adding new ones. I currently take the following every day:
<UL>
<LI>Energizing Soy Protein - 3 Tablespoon</LI>[/list]

(plus others I have not included)

Joyce Pierce

I use thyroid meds and my Dr. is very much for eating soy and supplements.

He recommended a book to me when I was prescribed thyroid about six years ago. I called the library and they recommended two more books that were excellent on thyroid, I read all three. I cannot remember which of the books said that a high amount of soy, at least 60 grams a day, could cause problems with thyroid meds. I do not eat 60 grams (four plus servings) a day of soy so do not worry about it. The soy makes me feel wonderful, without it I have less energy. I also read that a high-quality B-complex daily is recommended for someone on thyroid meds. After starting thyroid meds I would notice a definite difference in how I felt if I did not take my six B daily. I am on natural thyroid as my Dr. is very much against synthetic thyroid.

Sondra Boos

Soy protein helped clear up my thyroid problem when I first got into Shaklee. In fact, the doctor told me to keep taking it, that I didn't need my thyroidmedicine, and he wrote me a prescription for it so that I could take it offmy income tax.

Gretchen White

HealthyMomma
09-08-2006, 12:31 PM
Your awesome, girl!

We know what we have with our "SOY" products! No one can touch 'em, dispute 'em, one-up 'em, etc. etc.

Makes my blood boil sometimes when I feel there are sooooooo..... many people so uninformed in this world! They grab a hold of anything they can find and say "Well this is the "new" findings today even though it has been extremely effective up til this point"....GO FIGURE WOULD YA!!!

Simply Amazing!

Amber

beckyf
09-09-2006, 07:07 PM
This is absolutely amazing information to me because I've been on
thyroid medication since 1997, and from what I've read, we hypothyroid
people are to avoid soy like the plague!

I've been wanting to try Cinch, but have been too afraid to because of the soy content.

I've never heard before of anyone saying that soy actually IMPROVED how they felt, and how their thyroid functioned!

I guess I'd better go do some more reading...

HealthyMomma
09-09-2006, 07:16 PM
Hi Beckysmileys/smiley2.gif

So glad this info. has been so helpful to you. Here are a few other threads that should give you some more insight andserveas an encouragement to you as well!

http://www.wahm.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=232421&amp;PN= (http://www.wahm.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=232421&amp;PN=1) 1

http://www.wahm.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=229556&amp;PN= (http://www.wahm.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=229556&amp;PN=2) 2

Have a great night!

Amber

matoozie
09-09-2006, 09:53 PM
Hi Becky,

I'm so glad to hear it was new information for you that could be useful.

I don't know about other types and brands of soy protein, but Shaklee processes ours very carefully and it has helped a lot of people.

Have a fab weekend!

firstmate
09-12-2006, 08:06 AM
I can definetly testify that Shaklee Energizing Soy Protein has improved the way I feel.