WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Kelly G...Write Your Own Ticket?

Work4Myself06
08-08-2006, 05:51 PM
Hi Kell,
I remember a few months back (I think it was April) and you introduced Compass League, Int'l & www.WriteYourOwnTicket.com (http://www.WriteYourOwnTicket.com).
I was re-introduced to it just tonight by a good friend of mines and former Coastal Associate who alsogot in. Matter of fact, I just got off the phone with Mark Ewing while revisiting the site!smileys/smiley36.gif I'm so surprised (and happy!smileys/smiley17.gif) that they've been nice enough to drop the price (by $1,000) as well! This business looks like so much fun and so interesting but my only question is: After you purchase the course, what are your 'other'out of pocket expenses above and beyond that $495?Edited by: Work4Myself06

kellyg
08-09-2006, 12:26 AM
Sounds like that your friend is passing you as one of her ups, and Mark is giving you a deal, waving his profit....don't know if this is the proper place to publicize that is I'm sure that deals with your "Private Transaction with Mark"

Because, others may think that is the official retail, and it's truly the wholesale cost....soo, people may think that is what you will offer it for....and there goes your profit!!!smileys/smiley5.gif

Of course I do not see any other costs involved outside of any travel expenses...and you may want to ask your "upline" about that since they were so kind to "discount" your membership to help her qualify!!!

For myself...I don't offer discounts of THAT NATURE....stroke of luck...and maybe necessity on someone else's part.smileys/smiley2.gif

Work4Myself06
08-09-2006, 04:17 AM
smileys/smiley36.gif...when's the last time you've been to the site? That "price" is listed there!smileys/smiley36.gif

P.S...And knowing my 'friend' the way that I do...believe me, he ain't givin' me no 'special' deals! It'd kill him to pass up a whole $1,000! This is Mark's & Carl's idea to get more people into the biz (to prove to others it works!smileys/smiley20.gif)who otherwise wouldn't or couldn't.Edited by: Work4Myself06

Work4Myself06
08-09-2006, 06:07 AM
Isee thatyou are actively working S.S.S's but are you also still promoting or working W.Y.O.T?Do youfind that withone being cheaper than theother, does it make iteasier for people to join or market and get paid? smileys/smiley17.gif

successcoach
08-09-2006, 10:26 AM
Did you know how long they are running this special price?

kellyg
08-09-2006, 11:30 AM
Isee thatyou are actively working S.S.S's but are you also still promoting or working W.Y.O.T?Do youfind that withone being cheaper than theother, does it make iteasier for people to join or market and get paid? smileys/smiley17.gif

Two totally different products and markets....but yes, I am getting paid!smileys/smiley4.gifwith SSS...Compass League has been a very slow start to in my opinion, lack of good conference calls and communication. It is obvious that Mark and Carl have something with alot of potential...but It just does not seem they are fully committed in marketing mode.

And the calls they have had are just a bit too dead for my nature.smileys/smiley5.gif

When you consistenly attend calls for 2 weeks, and there are only a few people, and I mean less than 10 all the time...no sizzle, no excitement, ....too much like let's get together for coffee at Starbucks or something.

Now, of they are offering the course for only $495...great value!smileys/smiley32.gif

Work4Myself06
08-09-2006, 01:36 PM
As far as I know, the course price is for the first 50 folks..or until they've gotten enough response and involvement from those who actually want to do the business. This business is not for everybody, for sure because it costs atleast $2500 to get all of your licenses, fee's and insurance required to actually do the business legitimately. It is definitely not your average, run of the mill MLM or direct sales company as it is definitely not your average, run of the mill direct sales company--payout.

Edited by: Work4Myself06

successcoach
08-10-2006, 12:13 AM
what? you mean in addition to the enrollment fee in the company that you have to invest in licenses to do the business.

Can you elaborate on the specifics?

Work4Myself06
08-10-2006, 05:36 AM
Well, in talking to my friend in depth, yes, there are indeedmore fee's involved in setting up this business and we both agreed that Mark & Carl really oughta change the name of the course (Group Travel Operater University-or something! LOL!) to make it known, that this isn't an 'business out of the box'--that it is indeed, a college like course, to TEACH you how to start your own Group Travel Operating Business! I told my friend that I'd would have been very upset had I initially spent money only to get the 'course' and find out that I have to spend MORE money--the tune of about $2,500!

I mean, don't get me wrong or anything, this is definitely a bona-fide, legit business to be in, but it's not your average, MLM, Direct Sales Company Out of the box type business most of us here are used to. This would be your own, real, stand alonebusiness that you are responsible for and in order to operate it properly, you must have certain things in place. Business licenses, depending on where you live (like Florida), you'll need to be bonded, you'll need county business and tax licensing, you'll need your Seller ofTravel license...and so on and so forth. I'm told the course is very in depth and detailedon teaching you about what you'll need in order to keep your State & tax regulators happy, though.smileys/smiley17.gif

Mark Ewing would be more than happy to tell you, I'm sure.

successcoach
08-10-2006, 11:05 AM
I see....well I sure would like to know more, but I am glad that you stated this, because much of the marketing so far about this program has not communicated it like that, so many people WOULD NOT be happy to join and then get hit with another $2,500.

kellyg
08-10-2006, 11:35 AM
Very interesting, as I've had conversations with Mark and my director and this never came up!

successcoach
08-10-2006, 12:30 PM
yeah, that is what is throwing me off too.

Work4Myself06
08-10-2006, 01:49 PM
You mean to tell me Kelly..that none of this is covered/brought up or discussed anywherein your workbook or course...at all? Hmm..now I find that very interesting myself,indeed. Edited by: Work4Myself06

Work4Myself06
08-10-2006, 01:53 PM
So, tell me...what exactly does your course tell you? Just find the people, get in contact with ABC travel supplier, let them set it all upand bam--take your trip and get paid? smileys/smiley5.gif

Marko
08-10-2006, 09:09 PM
Hello Everyone!

One of our students alerted me to this post (blog... thread...). There seems to be a lot of miss-information here. All of the questions and concerns are posted right on the Write Your Own Ticket! website.

That said.... I will clear up some of these issues:

The course is just that... a course. It is not mlm or network marketing. The course is sold online, and it has a free affiliate program attached to it, that anyone can participate in (no purchase required). The price of the product was $1495.00... but we have dropped the price to $495 to give people a chance to get started and trained. Carl Meadows , the instructor, would like to have at least 50 people trained for the 2007-2008 travel season. SO.... right now the course is at $495.

There are no "ups" (or downs) with the course... it is sold retail through the site.

This course teaches you how to have a very profitable career as a Group Travel Organizer, and is a blueprint to show you how to set up your own business. A REAL BUSINESS! With some amazing rewards.

Like any business, there are some expenses. However, these expenses can be very minimal. It all just depends on how you want to run your own business. Most of our students spend less than $200 out of pocket. Some spend none (ZERO, ZILCH, ZIP, NADA). Depending on which State you live in, there may or may not be licensing fees. Florida has about $400.00 in fees. Colorado (where I live) has no licensing.... and thus, no fees. I personally have spent very little to get up and running. I believe that I have spent to date, about $500. I joined some of the travel organizations (that are not required... but can really step up your business). I have over 6500 members in my travel clubs to date, and have 7 trips lined up, going to Egypt, Coasta Rica, Australia (New Zealand, Fiji) Peru, Punta Cana, Italy, and sailing the Greek Islands. Because I joined those professional organizations, I have been able to save over $800 on personal vacations and travel. My parents (who now work with me) were able to save over $6100 on just one trip. So, the extra costs have more than paid for themselves.

We are not in the business of doing live conference calls every night, because we practice what we preach, and we are traveling. The course has a ton of recorded seminars and interviews. Conference calls are more of a MLM thing. We really don't need them. We do have live calls from time to time, to let people ask questions, and share (swap) stories.

We work a lot with our students one-on-one, when we are in town. This is a much more meaningful way of helping people. (Private Lessons!)

The course will take you from point A (not knowing anything about travel) to point B (where you are leaving town with your first group).

This business is for those out there that would really like to travel. It is a great way to not only get to see every destination that you have dreamed about... but make very good money at the same time! This is more about LIFESTYLE... than it is about chasing money. You can do this from your kitchen table, and then enjoy your trips. You decide what you want to do, where you go, how you go, and what you do when you get there.

If you can't tell.... I am very passionate about what I do. I LOVE IT! It is a business that grows..... year after year... that you own. It is designed to fit you! It is designed to allow you to turn your clients into very close friends... and spend your days, months, years... traveling the world with friends.

We stand behind our course 100%.... with a 90 day, 100% money backguarantee. (That doesn't happen with your typical biz op).

If you are serious about wanting to see the world... on your terms.... you will want to visit the website... and take us up on our risk free offer.

This is 180 degrees different from Coastal... or any other program. This teaches you skills that you can use for the rest of your life to enjoy a great lifestyle. It is VERY SPECIAL!

http://www.writeyourownticket.com/cmd.php?af=431750

The affiliate link is at the bottom of the website.... it is FREE....and it totally ROCKS!

Sincerely,

Mark Ewing
303-571-9300
Mark@vacationcareers.com (Mark@vacationcareers.com)

Edited by: Marko

Work4Myself06
08-11-2006, 03:31 AM
Well, alrighty then! Guess that answers any more questions!smileys/smiley36.gif

smileys/smiley32.gif:::PRICELESS:::smileys/smiley32.gif

JessicaByers
08-11-2006, 06:50 AM
I am not sure i understand this biz, so do you sellvacations or do you sell a course for people to open up their own travel course biz? So people cannot book their travel thru you? or can they?

~Jessica

Marko
08-11-2006, 08:29 AM
We teach people how to organize group travel. This is probably the most profitable part of the travel business today. At the same time, it is also one of the easiest, and most enjoyable.... because you actually get to go on the trips you plan. You are in control of were you go and when you go, and what you do.

Most people are going to make anywhere from $5,000 to $10,000 per trip...but they will also get to travel for free (a value of about $2500). This represents the lower end.

At the other extreme, a lady just booked a trip to Australia for her group. She will make around $86,000 for just that trip, and she will be able to take her whole family on the trip because she will get 6 free tickets (valued at over $36,000)

More important than the money, is that you get a lifestyle that is unbelievable. You stay at the finest hotels and resorts, you eat at the finest restaurants, you travel the world in style, and get paid to do it. You are basically just along for the ride.

Then, when you are not traveling, you are at home, with a very light work load (depending on how big you decide you want to grow your business).

To get a real good look at this business, go to http://www.writeyourownticket.com/cmd.php?af=431750 and click on the link that is under Carl and Anne's picture at the top of the website. It says " Click here to learn Carl's secret." This is a 20 minute interview with Carl. It is very informative!

The way that we teach you, how to put your groups together, makes it easy to grow your business, and keep your customers year after year after year. Most of Carl's clients have been traveling with him for over 18 years now. These people have become his close friends. So Carl gets paid to travel the world in style with his friends.

We teach you how to build a "social club" that is made up of people that share your interests. This business is designed totally around you! You travel with people that like you, and you like them. You travel the way that you want to travel, and to the places that you want to go.

I know that this is hard to imagine.A lot of the people on this website are so used to network marketing or the usual normal biz ops, that they have a problem thinking in terms of a real stand alone business.

Becausethis is YOUR BUSINESS, no one can interfere. No one can steal your customers. No one can attack your "downline" There is no need for conference calls. No three way calls. No leads to buy.

It will have it's own expenses. But these can be very minimal. Like I said, I have run my own group travel business for a year now, and have spent about $500 on it. Some states require licensing, so this could add to this cost (Florida is about $400 plus you need a business bond or letter of credit.)

You get to promote and build something that is YOU. And you get to keep it.

In networking , when your mlm goes out of business... or when your downline or upline moves on to "greener grass", you are left high and dry... and you have to start over.

This is a business model, that you can even pass along to your kids, or even sell to someone else. Some of these business grow into million dollar companies (that is again the extreme example). But it does happen.

That's why we call the course "Write Your Own Ticket!"

Sincerely,

Mark Ewing

303-571-9300Edited by: Marko

Marko
08-11-2006, 08:32 AM
And yes... you can book travel if you want, and we show people how they can quickly and easily get their own travel credentials, and keep 100% of the profits.

Mark Ewing

Write Your Own Ticket! (http://www.writeyourownticket.com/cmd.php?af=431750)

JessicaByers
08-11-2006, 09:06 AM
wow sounds interesting, but who do you book all the group travels with, you need to have some kind of travel agency that you book them with? and do you really have to go with the group where ever they go in the world? can't the group travel by themselves, i knowit sounds strange that i might not want to travel but ihave small kidsandone that is in school and just can't go away on vacation every month or so if you understand what i mean.And if the people that going on these travels have complaints , do they come to me? Who is payingthe paychecks?

I was looking at the website and i am sorry to say but there are just too much info, i don't really care for websites where i have to scroll down and down and down, i like it better whenthere are navbars that i can justclick on like for example "testimonials" but on this website everything is on one pageso i did not read everything now, maybe if i have more time later....but it does sounds like an interestingbiz.

~Jessica

Marko
08-11-2006, 09:30 AM
Who you book your groups with, is part of what we teach in the course.

If you don't want to travel with your group, I am sure that you can find someone that would like to have a free vacation.smileys/smiley4.gif And... nothing says that you can't put together a group of people that are parents with little kids too. Family vacations are big business.

A lot of people do this just to get 1 or 2 free vacations every year. You don't have to do this as a full time gig. Only if you want. It is extremely flexible. A lot of teachers do this as a way to travel during the summer months (unfortunately, teachers don't make enough money to afford to travel... and this gives them a great way to do it).

We teach you how to put other people to work for you. You are the one that pays for these services, from the money that you get from your group. You are basically a "broker". This is all taught in the course.

As to the website... we are using a proven formula used for selling stuff on the internet. The "long" style websites guide people through the process. Itis made to be scan-able and yet haveall the information that people would need or want to make a very informed decision to purchase. I know that it is notto everyone's tastes... but what can you do.smileys/smiley18.gif

There is a very profitable affiliate program with Write Your Own Ticket. Check out http://www.WriteYourOwnTicket.biz Perhaps this is more your speed with your life (with kids) right now. It is Free, and it has great leverage because it has 2 tiers, and it paysa lot more than the average affiliate program. High Margins!

Mark Ewing

Learn to travel the world in style for Free, fun andprofit! (http://www.WriteYourOwnTicket.com/cmd.php?af=431750)smileys/smiley17.gif

successcoach
08-11-2006, 12:46 PM
This certainly has value as a course it appears.

However, it is my opinion that if one is looking for a business that they can begin to profit in from day one that this may not be the best fit.

This isa GREAT thing to add to your offering, but it will certainly take time to learn it and as a group travel coordinator if your people don't show up to go on the trip you are in the position of being responsible for their cost to travel from what I understand because the resort already booked based upon your "word" of a certain number of people coming.

Marko
08-11-2006, 01:22 PM
We show you how to totally eliminate any monetary risk in booking your trips, by using cut off dates and deposit dates...etc...

You are correct in the fact that being a Group Travel Organizer takes some time to get your first paid vacation underway. But.. once you are rolling, you are set. That is why we offer so much help in getting your first group out the door.

AND...smileys/smiley4.gifyou can start making$120 per saleimmediately with our affiliate program which is TOTALLY FREE.You can click here to see the affiliate program. (http://www.WriteYourOwnTicket.biz)

And... it has been our experience that people that have paid for vacations usually show up to go on them (about 99.99% of the time) That is why we show you how to have your people prepay for their trips (which is the way it is done throughout the entire industry). And if they don't show, that is not your issue. Most people buy travel cancellationinsurance for themselves, which is another form of income that we show you how to make.

All these questions and issues that have been brought up are what you learn to overcome and avoid by taking the course. Carl brings 35 years of Leisure Group Travel experience to the table (and to your computer).

You can click here to take a lookat the Leisure Group Travel Course. (http://www.WriteYourOwnTicket.com/cmd.php?af=431750)

And you can click here to see Carl Meadows interviewed (20 min video). (http://www.writeyourownticket.com/videointro.htm)

Sincerely,

Mark Ewing

Travel Education for profitable group travel. (http://www.WriteYourOwnTicket.com/cmd.php?af=431750)Edited by: Marko

Marko
08-11-2006, 01:37 PM
Just another note: If you are currently in the business of selling one of the vacation or travel businesses out there (like coastal or ytb), I'll bet that you have some dead leads on your hands. Well, they might not have bought what you were offering, but you know that they are still interested in either A. Travel and/or B. a Home Business. That is why our training course is an excellent thing to take to the people that didn't buy intoyour primary program. This is a great way to make $120 per sale, simply by recycling your old leads. And it doesn't cost you anything! It is 100% risk free.

And... if they don't buy the course, did you know that our system give you $80 for each sale that an affiliate makes that was sponsored by you. That means, that everyone that you showour affiliate program to could be generating cash for you. All you have to do is show it to them. Once again, this doesn't cost you anything.

So, after you present the Write Your Own Ticket course, you can wait a week and present them with a FREE AFFILIATE PROGRAM! How easy is this?!!!

All those people out there that are looking for a risk free way to make quick money... this is a great answer.
<UL>
<LI>Recycle your leads for money.</LI>
<LI>Recycle your leads for other workers that might make you money when they recycle their leads.</LI>
<LI>and it doesn't cost you anything!</LI>[/list]

Click here to see the affiliate program. (http://www.writeyourownticket.biz/)

Sincerely,

Mark Ewing

Learn to travel the world in style for Free, fun andprofit! (http://www.writeyourownticket.com/cmd.php?af=431750)http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley17.gif

Work4Myself06
08-11-2006, 02:43 PM
Hey Mark,
Can I ask if the whole, entire course is (meant to be) done online and not off? I ask this, because like many people born before computers were in almost everyone's hands, we did most of our reading and educatin' the "old fashioned way"--through books and paper. That's the only way (for me) to really get the jist of what it is I'm reading because then I can take it anywhere (laying out in the yard, by the pool or playgound picnic area) and absorb what it is I'm trying to understand. Plus, a different scenery also helps! smileys/smiley36.gifsmileys/smiley2.gif

I commend all of the people who can complete a whole entire college or educationalcourse online. For God onlyknows, I can't! smileys/smiley36.gif

successcoach
08-11-2006, 03:05 PM
so Mark, you are saying people can join and market your product as a FREE affiliate and make money?

kellyg
08-11-2006, 04:28 PM
so Mark, you are saying people can join and market your product as a FREE affiliate and make money?

I believe that with most any home business offering, an affiliate-no investment-option is required in every case per the FTC.

SirThomas
08-11-2006, 04:45 PM

I believe that with most any home business offering, an affiliate-no investment-option is required in every case per the FTC.

Kelly,

You are right. However, the company can charge you whatever
they want to set you up in their business. No goverment can force a
business to support reps for free ...

The funny part is that the law only prohibitsa company from a mandatory
product/service purchase not from the "business set-up
fees" that can be far more expensive than the product itself....:-)

They might also enforce mandatory training and participation in
seminars (conitued educations) or even paid exams!

Sometimes, you might be forced to pay bonds or deposits etc.

In the case of "writeyourownticket", they just simply allow you be
an affiliate and resell their product, just like 1000s of other programs do.

To your success,

Thomas

successcoach
08-11-2006, 06:11 PM
good point Thomas, because I know plenty of companies that REQUIRE business set up fees.

Marko
08-11-2006, 09:13 PM
WOW! ....I didn't know that this was such an active board!

As to Work4Self06's question, the answer is yes. This course is a state-of-the-art interactive course that comes in the form of an eBook. There are live links, case studies, videos, audio seminars, business forms, and work sheets. You can print the worksheets and the forms. Some of the audio files are in MP3 format so that you can take'em with you in your car or iPod. It is extremely entertaining, and easy to read. It is so much more than a book.Talk to someone that has the course. Ask them how they like it. Ifyou have to have it in print, then this isn't for you. Which is sad if you really wanted to learn how to have a profitable leisure group travel business. (With Wifi you can take your laptop to the pool -- I do!)

Next question is Successcoach and SirThomas. The affiliate program is absolutely free. Yes, there are a ton of other affiliate programs. I have madetons of money with them for years. I have sold everything from dental plans to blood meters. Most affiliate programs have just one tier (level) and pay commissions ranging from $1 to $50. If they are 2 tier, the usual payout is very small on that 2nd tier.($1 to $5 is normal).

I designed this program to be the kind of affiliate program that I would want to market. The travel business is extremely popular, and anything with home based businesses is huge. These markets are a lot easier to market than dental plans. Second, this is a 2 tier program, paying a whomping $120 on the first tier, and an unheard of $80 on the back end. That makes this program very viral. You go back to those dead leads and you offer them something for free where they can make $120 on the front and $80 on the back, and they will push it through their data base as fast as they can. Then it is just a matter of time till you find a personal that wants what we have. The combination of good markets, 2 tiers, and very high margins make this a winner.

There are a ton of network marketers that spend tons of money on getting leads. The said part of this is, when 99% of those leads don't buy what they are offering, they simply throw the lead away. THAT IS SOOO WASTEFUL!!! They have already paid for the lead. What they need is another product (or products) that they can market to this group that fits the same demographic. That way, you can make some more money without additional cost. Am I making sense here?

The great thing about this affiliate program is that it only requires as much time as an email (which you can automate, or do in bulk) and it doesn't cost any money. And... you really have 2 products to market (which hit both the travel market, and the home based business market). First, the course, and second, the affiliate program (remember that $80 second tier).

We do not have any hidden fees or requirements.No bonds. No deposits.No risk. All you have to do is sign up. And you can do that at www.WriteYourOwnTicket.biz (http://www.WriteYourOwnTicket.biz)

I never claimed to be the only affiliate program in town.... I do have a very good one though.

Of course, I understand that we are not for everyone. That is the way of the world. And that old sayingrings true: "You can lead a horse to water, but you can not make him drink."

The good news is that there are a few smart horses out there, that will have a good long drink, and run with this.

Mark.

Click here for a fantastic Travel Course to have aprofitable group travel business. (http://www.writeyourownticket.com/cmd.php?af=431750)

Work4Myself06
08-11-2006, 09:51 PM
WOW! ....I didn't know that this was such an active board!

smileys/smiley36.gifYeah, Mark! We'll eitherkeep you on your toes..or you'll keep us on ours!smileys/smiley36.gifsmileys/smiley4.gifsmileys/smiley2.gifWe're glad to have you aboard!smileys/smiley32.gifsmileys/smiley32.gifsmileys/smiley32.gif

Marko
08-13-2006, 12:40 AM
Any more questions?Wheredo you want to travel to?

Sincerely,

Mark Ewing.

Learn to travel the world in style for Free, fun andprofit! (http://www.writeyourownticket.com/cmd.php?af=431750)http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley17.gif