WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : WORKING FOR LIFEBUSHIDO

lety120
07-07-2006, 09:05 AM
Has anybody started working with this company and if so could you please relate your expreince so far with them? I am filling out the application, but I don't want it to be a waste of time if others have not been paid, or gotten work for that matter. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Leeny1
07-07-2006, 09:45 AM
Hi lety120,

Just to let you know that I've done work for Lifebushido and just got paid for the worksmileys/smiley32.gif

If you've been following one of the threads "Does anyone work for LIfebushido" you'll see that the work is varied, some research, some document creating in Microsoft Word, Excel, submitting ideas. There are also opportunities to help design websites, write blogs a lot of interesting projects All work is related to the business which, if you do apply, you will learn about in a series of informational email that is sent to you. If you read the emails, you will get the answers to most of your quiestions about the company.

Also, if you've followed the thread, you will know that the application process is sort of done in stages and that the company has received a lot more applications than it expected. Once you apply, it may take time to get responses etc. Because there are so many applicants and the company a little futher along,the process is different now than for those of us that got hired the first time around.So, the postings for current applicants on the threadis the best source of first hand applicant experience.

Hope that helps a bit.

lety120
07-07-2006, 09:49 AM
Thank. How long have you been with them? I get responses to my e-mails fairly quickly which I think is a good sign. So far what kind of work have you done?

lety120
07-10-2006, 04:02 PM
ANYBODY ELSE

A&Qs Mom
07-10-2006, 05:43 PM
ANYBODY ELSE

Nope. I sent Steve an e-mail inquiry last week and he didn't respond. I sent another one tonight asking about the status of my application. If I don't hear from him soon, I'm writing it off. As much as I am intrigued by the possibilities from this company I am put off by the slow responses. It clearly says on the application letter that decisions will be made by the 5th of the month. I think they should have at least sent out a boilerplate letter to everyone letting us know that they are behind on reviewing applications.

Just my $.02.

GCCK
07-11-2006, 09:27 AM
I also have sent two e-mails to check the status of my application which was sent June 28th, andno response. He had been so responsive that to hear nothing from him now is just disappointing. I also think they should have sent something to everyone saying they were reviewing applications, but I haven'tgotten any other e-mails about the company either since applying, so maybe its just me that isn't receiving anything. I'm keeping my fingers crossed, but I guess I'll have to write this one off as another one I didn't get.

Gretchen

Trini
07-11-2006, 09:41 AM
I applied in the middle of last week and haven't heard anything either. I had applied earlier when it was first posted on this board but never followed through, so maybe he's recognized my name and said Forget It!

lety120
07-11-2006, 09:44 AM
I HAVE FOLLOWED UP IN FACT I SENT HIM AN E-MAIL YESTERDAY AND HE HAS NOT REPLIED, BUT I DO KEEP RECIEVING STUFF FROM THE SITES THAT HE OWNS.

Leeny1
07-11-2006, 09:45 AM
Hi,

Just an fyi to you about email and responses from Steve Kantor. When he's very busy you may not get a response in what you might consider timely. It can be confusing and frustrating, I know. It sometimes even happens when those of us who work for himhave work-related questions. However, eventually you do getresponse to all your emails (at one time) when he catches up on emails.

lety120, I was hired with the first group of people in June.

Good luck to all of you who decide to try Lifebushido out.

lety120
07-11-2006, 09:47 AM
Hi,

Just an fyi to you about email and responses from Steve Kantor. When he's very busy you may not get a response in what you might consider timely. It can be confusing and frustrating, I know. It sometimes even happens when those of us who work for himhave work-related questions. However, eventually you do getresponse to all your emails (at one time) when he catches up on emails.

lety120, I was hired with the first group of people in June.

Good luck to all of you who decide to try Lifebushido out.

I KNOW THAT FOR STARTERS YOU DO NOT HAVE AN ASSIGNED TASK, BUT WHAT KIND OF WORK ARE YOU DOING SO FAR, AND HAVE THEY PAID YOU? MOST IMPORTANT DO YOU LIKE IT?

Leeny1
07-11-2006, 12:07 PM
Hi lety120,

I chose, brainstorming, designing a flyer and one big assignment of research, data input and creating an excel spreadsheet. I didn't wait to get assigned because I wanted to see if I could even do the work.Yes, I loved the work and yes I did get paid.

lety120
07-11-2006, 12:15 PM
It sounds like you took on a lot. Where you able to complete all your jobs within the 10-15 hours that they want you to work?

lety120
07-11-2006, 12:21 PM
I know that the application is in stages, but how long after you sent the quetionaire did you get a reply? All I keep getting is e-mails from the other sites that he has.

Leeny1
07-11-2006, 12:28 PM
You actually have a week to complete some of the assignment. I took and completed all my assignments, not onlybecause I wanted to see if we would get paid for completing 10 hours worth of work but to see if my work would be acceptable. I ended up with 13 hours of work for the month and did get paidsmileys/smiley20.gif

lety120
07-11-2006, 12:39 PM
SO AFTER THE INITIAL 10 HOUR PROBATION PERIOD, THEN WHAT YOU ARE AUTOMATICALLY IN? HAVE YOU TAKEN ANYMORE WORK? SORRY ABOUT AL THESE QUESTIONS IT'S JUST THAT I AM VERY INTERESTED. HOW LONG AFTER YOU FILLED OUT THE QUESTIONAIRE DID IT TAKE FOR YOU TO FIND OUT IF YOU WERE HIRED?

Leeny1
07-11-2006, 12:52 PM
You know, I'm not sure about being automatically in. I certainly don't assume I'm automatically in I'm looking at this jobon a project to project basis. If there is work I can do or if I get assigned something I'm working for Lifebushido. When there isn'tprojects I can do and if I don't get assigned something I'm not.

I don't remember the time frames. You might look at the origninal Lifebushido thread. It will give you an idea.

Hope this helps a bit.

lety120
07-11-2006, 01:03 PM
THANKS

msuggitt
07-11-2006, 03:14 PM
Hi,

Just wondering if anyone who applied in June has officially taken on any assignments yet??

As I was one who applied in June, and haven't heard anything, I don't know if this is still a potential lead or if he has made his decisions.

Anyone????????

tiamsea
07-11-2006, 04:23 PM
Hi, I just got an email from Mr. Kantor that said 'we are still reviewing applications'. I also applied in June and on Quickbase. So I guess there is still hope for some :) Good Luck

Trini
07-11-2006, 04:34 PM
When applying did you just answer the questions on the website or did you attach your resume as well.

A&Qs Mom
07-11-2006, 07:56 PM
OK- tonight I *finally* got the e-mail that I was hired. (At least for the first 10 hours!)

Melanielynn
07-11-2006, 09:28 PM
Great

a&q how long did take to get a response. Thanks

A&Qs Mom
07-11-2006, 09:43 PM
I applied toward the end of last month, but I can't recall the exact date. I'd say it took upwards of three weeks to get the definitive response.

GCCK
07-12-2006, 06:06 AM
YAH! I also got the e-mail that I was hired from the batch of people who applied in June. I am so excited to get started! Thank you to whoever it was that started all these threads and brought this job to my attention.

Gretchen

msuggitt
07-12-2006, 09:05 AM
http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley8.gifI too am one of the five chosen from the June applications and am looking forward to my assignments.

http://www.geocities.com/shangrala_shangy/gala-e/clownkiss.gifI'm so happy, I've called in the clowns to help say thank you to those who posted this lead and kept us encouraged.

azapolya
07-12-2006, 09:34 AM
So there are 4 of us from this board that got hired on? That's great! Is the fifth one lurking around here too?? So far the work is pretty neat.

lety120
07-12-2006, 09:36 AM
I just applied last week. He sent me the questionaire, but so far I have only received e-mails from his other sites. How long did it take for you guys to get on.

azapolya
07-13-2006, 12:03 PM
It took a few weeks before we got hired on. If you apply in July you should hear something on or around August 5th.

lety120
07-14-2006, 09:50 AM
I got an e-mail yesterday saying that it's time to apply for a job.

What does that mean? I sent in the initial questionare/application last week. I sent him an e-mail explaining to him that I had already sent in my application what else do I need to do?

GCCK
07-14-2006, 10:55 AM
Without knowing exactly what the e-mail said, it is hard to tell what it meant, but if you already filled out the Quickbase application, then I have no idea what it could mean.

You did right to e-mail him and ask, though. I am sure he will get back to you quickly.

Gretchen

A&Qs Mom
07-14-2006, 11:31 AM
If he's still sending the same e-mails this round as he did last, this is an excerpt from the one Lety is talking about: If you have not yet applied and are still interested, you should complete and submit your application within 1-2 days.

It was just a blanket e-mail that went out to everyone. Since you already applied, you should just ignore it.</span>
</span>

Leaf
07-15-2006, 08:33 PM
Hi All,

As per the Lifebushido web page, I sent an email last week with a thumbnail sketch of myself. I haven't heard back as of yet. I read reference within this thread to the fact that it could take upwards of a month to hear back, but have also read a couple of posts in which people who applied a week ago have already had a response. Would lack of response indicate lack of interest, meaning I should write this one off?

TIA!

talented79
07-20-2006, 09:20 PM
i got an email today about Job Application – QuickBase – Lifebushido.

Nella
07-21-2006, 06:48 AM
Can anyone tell me what the pay is like with this company. I started the application process a few days ago.

azapolya
07-21-2006, 07:44 AM
$10.00 per hour.

jowjo
07-21-2006, 07:48 AM
Hi all,

I just got an invite to get in the application
process. I am excited and hope this can lead to something. I will keep
you posted.

Bye for now, have a great day.

&nbs p;&nbs p;&nbs p;&nbs p;&nbs p;
Jo.

Leaf
07-21-2006, 09:30 AM
Hello, All,

I've been authorized to share the following with you concerning LB --

the background,the application process,the nature of the work.

http://www.seedwiki.com/wiki/lb_projects/applying_for_a_job_ with_lb?wpid=332796 (http://www.seedwiki.com/wiki/lb_projects/applying_for_a_job_with_lb?wpid=332796)

This is a wiki, started by Mr. Kantor with the intention of forming a comprehensive and interactive resource for those thinking of applying, those who have applied, and those who are currently working with LB.

This area isunder development. After you've done a close reading of the materialsand have synthesized the information, feel free to add comments and suggestions.

Thank you!

Edited by: Leaf

lety120
07-25-2006, 09:36 AM
I got an e-mail about the quickbase. I added my self, but I don't know if I did it right. There were two options, the 30 day trial and the other one, I added myself to the other one. How long does it usually take to hear back after you add yourself to quickbase?

lety120
07-26-2006, 10:55 AM
HELP!!! ANY REPLIES TO THE ABOVE POST? ANY HELP WILL DO.

JulieL
07-26-2006, 11:07 AM
I have no idea, I added myself over a week ago and have not heard back yet. Edited by: JulieL

GCCK
07-26-2006, 11:11 AM
If you have been added to Quickbase in July, you should hear back by the 5th of August per the instructions Steve has sent out. It may take longer if he is very busy. You should probably send a follow-up e-mail after the 5th if you still haven't heard anything.

Gretchen

lety120
07-26-2006, 11:12 AM
I have no idea, I added myself 2 weeks ago and have not heard back yet.

Did you try to get back to him after you registered? Which option did you check off in the quickbase registration? In the same e-mail about quickbase did it say something about the tenth of the month? Anybody that is already working for them we would appreciate some input.

lety120
07-26-2006, 11:15 AM
If you have been added to Quickbase in July, you should hear back by the 5th of August per the instructions Steve has sent out. It may take longer if he is very busy. You should probably send a follow-up e-mail after the 5th if you still haven't heard anything.

Gretchen

Thanks, are you working with them already or did you just add yourself to the quickbase?

GCCK
07-26-2006, 11:18 AM
I started in July. I added myself the last week of June, but didn't hear anything until mid-July because he was so swamped with applicants. I sent follow-ups and he replied to that.

Gretchen

JulieL
07-26-2006, 11:27 AM
Thanks Gretchen, I have sent in so many applications and resumes in the last 3 months that even though LB sounds like a fascinating job, I am having a hard time keeping up with the details for each job lead. I had forgotten that he had mentioned August 5th as a date to hear back from him.