WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

diamond100
11-27-2012, 12:13 PM
Hi Does anyone work for SLICETHEPIE? I was just wondering if it's possible to earn $10 to $20 a week on the site. Is it worth doing? I am just looking for a little extra cash to supplement my income. Thanks for the Info everyone!

LovinSprinkles
11-27-2012, 12:59 PM
Yes I have been doing Slice the Pie for several months now. I average about $150 to $200 per month. So yes $10 to $20 per week is very do able.

Ehitz
11-27-2012, 05:11 PM
Yeah out of all the easy eggs out there, slicethepie is my favorite. Beats out stuff like humantics any day, plus you get to listen to music which isn't bad. $200 a month is very doable.

danasurvey
11-27-2012, 05:46 PM
I also agree that 10 to $20 per week is very do able. And it's also nice to have multiple "eggs" in your basket. I know I do. :)

maxsonsmommy42
11-27-2012, 05:58 PM
I also do slicethepie, and yes, $10+ a week is very doable!

SuzeeQue
11-27-2012, 06:33 PM
The buffering is horrible. Is it always this bad, or just the weather, or what?? :confused:

diamond100
11-27-2012, 07:30 PM
Thanks to everyone for answering my question! This sounds like something I might consider doing to earn a little cash each week. Especially since I am a huge music lover! Happy Holidays to everyone!!

MeganCatherine23
11-28-2012, 07:46 AM
The songs always stop playing when there's 10-20 seconds left to review. How can I fix this?

peaceunity
11-28-2012, 08:28 AM
I signed up a month or so ago and had issues with the system. I would listen to the sample and it would do its count down thing before being able to review.. well I could never get the thing to allow me to rate it or submit what I typed. Not sure what I am doing wrong. I will have to try again on another browser..

bugsbuni
11-28-2012, 10:15 AM
I want to sign up the slice the pie , but I don't know how to write a review any suggestions?

blueblue
11-28-2012, 04:41 PM
Hmmm.... I think I was the one that actually 1st posted this on the wahm board... didn't realize you could make that much!!! :)

Clairejoy
11-28-2012, 07:46 PM
I tried it out and the pennies seem to be flowing in quicker than they do with humanatic, so thanks for the lead, I hadn't heard of this yet.

kayla2107
11-29-2012, 07:22 PM
Anyone know of any other websites like this? Were you can earn money on your own time? Thanks in advance!

sophiasmommy
11-30-2012, 10:53 AM
Thanks for posting about this. It's pretty awesome. 16c on my first review -- that's good! Do Humanatic while waiting for more energy with this. :)

Amanda Fairbanks
11-30-2012, 11:10 AM
I made 19 cents on my first review, then the next 4 or 5 I couldn't get over 7 cents, and the last 3 have been OVER 20 cents. What?

Kyle2Krystel
11-30-2012, 01:56 PM
Im kind of having hard time working on this or maybe because Im using my fb account or mobile?:confused:

luvsdragonflies
11-30-2012, 03:20 PM
The article was very helpful and I was making 20 cents each song until I reviewed about 8 songs then it dropped to .06 cents.

NewYorkEnglishTeacher
12-28-2012, 04:07 PM
Do you ever run out of work?

LilBlackDress
12-29-2012, 06:57 AM
The amount you get paid is determined by several factors including accuracy. So for example if you rate a song a 2 and the majority of people rated it a 9...then your accuracy level will go down. So when rating songs think in terms of what people who like that genre will like not what you like.
Also number of reviews and details play a part.

NewYorkEnglishTeacher
12-29-2012, 07:01 AM
How many can you do in a day?

kylari
12-29-2012, 10:09 AM
I've found that you get more per review if you mention the vocals, lyrics, beat, and overall sound in the review.

Also, comparing the song to another song or artist tends to get me more on a review. ("This song is reminiscent of the early works of ____.")

I also tend to say whether I can see the song getting air time on the radio or if I think it would be better in a club scene or if I think that it would grow irritating to listeners quickly.

HTH

survivor40
12-29-2012, 10:30 AM
I do ChaCha sometimes. But , at 1 cent a question. :rolleyes:

heavenly4you
01-02-2013, 09:45 AM
Thanks for posting the link to this site. I signed up to it and wrote a few reviews, they started off paying a decent amount per review and then the next time I signed in no matter what I wrote the highest amount paid per review was 7 cents. I wouldn't put too much hope and faith in this site as being a good source of large income, from what I've seen after 2 days they are extremely inconsistent with the way they pay per review.

khristal23
01-02-2013, 06:40 PM
Slice the Pie is awesome! No, it's not anything that could be considered an actual job, but if you look at it as extra cash you'll love it.

As heavenly4you said, sometimes you'll get a decent amount per review (like around fifteen to twenty cents) but then most other times it's hard to get more than seven cents per review. But it doesn't take long at all to review the songs. I find it well worth the money and fun to do as long as I am just looking at it as something as I do for extra money. The company is also very consistent with pay. I've never had problems not getting paid by them.

stuart44107
01-03-2013, 02:59 PM
I work for them. Depending on the experience that you gain each time you review a track. Anywhere from $00.05 to $00.08. You have to listen to the track for at least 90 seconds. Then you can write your review. I write my review while the song is still playing.

Works well for me. I think it is very fun to do. All these years of listening to music has finally paid off...lol :D

stuart44107
01-03-2013, 03:01 PM
@ khristal23, the most I get is $0.08 I guess it would pay off more depending on your experience?

stuart44107
01-03-2013, 03:16 PM
Does the experience level have to do with the amount you get for each track?
I heard the higher your level is the more you make. Right now my experience
level is @ 13. I keep getting some low amounts. My highest amount has been $00.08 Any tips on how to increase my pay? And what to write? :confused:

NSCountryGal
01-07-2013, 03:31 AM
I was able to reach payout and get $16.00. I am not constant enough with the site, otherwise I probably could be earning close to $100 a month. I like the site and have had no problems. Currently I earn on average .34 cents a review. And I do have some referrals so a little money from that to. It def is worth it to check out there compared to other sites this one pays semi decently and all you do is review music! =)

NewYorkEnglishTeacher
01-07-2013, 04:38 AM
How did you work your way up to .34 per review ? I'm still at .06.

Kathryn34
01-07-2013, 06:51 AM
Could someone post or send me the link to apply? Thank you.

SavannahWoman26
01-07-2013, 02:25 PM
It's a very fun way to test your analytical music capabilities. I didn't get it either when I first signed up, but I'm just starting now and I love it. Basically just listen to the song and then focus on some key components that you can breakdown in the song. Like the lyrics - are they consistent? are they easy to understand? Do you find harmony in the song, if so what's it like? How are the vocals? How about the melody? Do you find an even tone or rhythm within the song? Or what are your notes about the arrangement of the song? And of course the instrumentals themselves - how do they sound compared to the rest of the song?

That's the best advice I can give you so far. I just breakdown the song using those questions. The more detailed and constructive, the better. Hope this helps! Good luck!

tasha3alejandre
01-07-2013, 03:00 PM
Can someone please tell me how I can apply?

mommacita3008
01-07-2013, 09:32 PM
Is it me or is anyone else having difficulty rating music? I now sometimes get an error message if that is what you would call it saying that there are no suitable tracks for me to rate. I am on at least level 7 or 8.

WAHMBrenda
01-08-2013, 05:58 AM
I got that all day Sunday but was OK yesterday

NSCountryGal
01-08-2013, 09:11 AM
How did you work your way up to .34 per review ? I'm still at .06.

I am a bit confused. For like 3 days I was getting .30 - .34 cents. I just logged in today and got .07... Maybe it was to short. I try to write a semi decent if not long paragraph. As well I am up to level 39, rank silver. It does say base salary 0.02 cents. Before that it seemed to depend on length perhaps, my shorter ones earned less but slightly longer earned more. I guess that was just a temp thing though. Looks like I am back to 7 cents, ah well.

NSCountryGal
01-08-2013, 09:14 AM
Is it me or is anyone else having difficulty rating music? I now sometimes get an error message if that is what you would call it saying that there are no suitable tracks for me to rate. I am on at least level 7 or 8.

I got that error a few times in the first start to. When you first sign up I keep thinking you get to choose genres, I have a lot but there also is some I never chose. I always figured that error came up because nothing was there meeting what I checked for genres but I could be wrong.

NSCountryGal
01-08-2013, 09:16 AM
For people wanting to apply here is a link, Slicethepie (http://www.slicethepie.com/)

Hopefully I don't get in trouble for posting that, its the direct link not a ref link.

NSCountryGal
01-11-2013, 09:47 AM
I got a email from Slicethepie today about priority tracks that will earn a min of 30 cents per review. Perhaps recently that is all it was, I was paid extra for those tracks. I think I might log back in and check it out.

Dugsmom
01-11-2013, 12:15 PM
I never made much with slicethepie. I thought my reviews were pretty good...it's not like I just wrote a quick sentence about the songs. I even would go so far as to talk about the lyrics and what I thought the song was about (analyzed the song)...maybe I went to far?! I made a few cents here and there so it was not worth it for me to keep writing reviews. that was a few years ago...maybe things have changed!?

jenzshoppin
01-13-2013, 08:09 AM
I keep trying to log in and finally got locked out. I emailed to get access back to change my passowrd. It's been a few days and I'm still waiting!

Anyone else have this issue? I'm ready to get back to rating. I'm so upset that I'm missing out!

jewel777
01-13-2013, 04:14 PM
I keep trying to log in and finally got locked out. I emailed to get access back to change my passowrd. It's been a few days and I'm still waiting!

Anyone else have this issue? I'm ready to get back to rating. I'm so upset that I'm missing out!

That happened to me when I tried logging in after a long absence. Just be patient and they will get back to you. I don't remember how long it took, but once they got back with me, they were very helpful.

Hope this helps,
Juli

Sweets2005
10-12-2013, 03:57 PM
Is anyone still doing this? I just started today and am up to $2 lol. So far I average 14-16 cents per review. I break down my review into several elements but its hard because I mostly hate all the music it plays lol.

Jen_Renee
10-13-2013, 08:11 AM
I actually started doing this again yesterday. I worked off and on throughout the day and made just over $5.00. I'd review a dollar's worth and then go and do something else, and then come back and do another dollar. I'm going to try and do this everyday. I'm also averaging 14-16 cents a review. I agree, some of the music on there is reeeeally bad! There was one so bad on there yesterday, I searched for the song online, just so I could see the look of bewilderment on my boyfriend's face while he listened to it for the first time... it was THAT bad. haha!

TLewis
10-13-2013, 09:24 AM
I still do it, and still love it! This is one of my favorite eggs... I work part time doing Marketing Research for a company and I do my eggs on the side...

Riyko
10-15-2013, 12:52 AM
Love this site, I used to do it a while ago and just came back (thanks to this topic about it), i average about 5 or 6 cents a song and they've gotten pickier they complain that my reviews are similar when they are completely different.

Sweets2005
10-15-2013, 06:00 PM
Yes it was telling me mine were too similar even though I really didn't think they were. On my last song yesterday, I was just tired and annoyed that I'm sitting here listening to bad music for pennies, so I changed one word I thought it was catching, which was "nice" to "mice" (so it read "the song was mice.") and called it a day! LOL :D

Mrsmommy
01-01-2014, 06:31 AM
I just started this today. It's a lot of fun. so, far I'm averaging about 8 to 10 cents per review and am up to $1.57. This was after logging into to Humanatic for the second time and seeing there were no calls to review. My pennies have added up way more on slicethepie than they did on my one time stint with Humanatic. So, I'm stoked!!:D

minibug
01-15-2014, 08:46 PM
I just started today!!! a fun gig! I am just wondering how much can be made here and is there a limit you can review each day

buffetwoman
01-18-2014, 08:39 PM
Ok, so I just wrote my first review, and there is no way to submit it. Am I missing something, here? Thank you in advance!

- Joan

buffetwoman
01-18-2014, 08:45 PM
Ok, so I just wrote my first review, and there is no way to submit it. Am I missing something, here? Thank you in advance!

- Joan

Ok nvm, apparently my computer speed is not fast enough. *Sigh* :/

Fuchsia_Brown
01-19-2014, 08:17 PM
I have an account with Slice the Pie (almost forgot about it). While it is a cool way to make money - after about the third or fourth song I'm sitting there trying to figure out how to describe the song and give my input. I obviously hear the song, but I guess I'm tired and words can't come to mind? Who knows. I have to work out a way to get that to work for me!

Nattie
03-06-2014, 11:43 PM
I signed up for slicethepie tonight, and have been reviewing songs for an hour or so. This will be a fun little way to make some cash when I'm not busy. I'll try to put a few hours into it here and there, and hopefully it'll add up to the equivalent of a nice little bonus check at the end of the month.

This is especially awesome little side gig, because I love music and talking about my opinions on it. In my reviews, I've been including what audience I think the song would appeal to, the genres it best fits, things I like/don't like about the lyrics, melody, instrumentation, production, comparing it to similar popular artists in that genre, all that jazz, and I can't get past .07-.08 cents.

...but then again, I've only been at this for an hour. :p