WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

dataworkermm
10-24-2012, 08:11 PM
Has anyone here ever heard of ziptask located at Get Freelancers Working On Your Projects| Ziptask (http://www.ziptask.com) which offers work to freelancers and they do not outsource work at all. Online work with contractors in the usa and the only place the give work outside of the usa(outsourcing) is in canada.

Has anyone here every worked for ziptask as a freelancer? I would love to know if they are legitimate or not.

Please let me know.

lewis4you
10-24-2012, 09:11 PM
I signed up with them about a week ago and have heard nothing since. When I boot my computer in the morning it brings up the Ziptask login but, when I try to login it tells me I don't have an account. I'd hold off on this one. I got a confirmation email stating that they would contact me if I was accepted but, I've heard nothing and am still unable to login.

Seth at Ziptask
10-24-2012, 09:46 PM
I signed up with them about a week ago and have heard nothing since. When I boot my computer in the morning it brings up the Ziptask login but, when I try to login it tells me I don't have an account. I'd hold off on this one. I got a confirmation email stating that they would contact me if I was accepted but, I've heard nothing and am still unable to login.

Hi! I'm Ziptask's Digital Editor-at-Large, Seth W (about.me/sethweinstein). We're still a relatively small company, so occasionally we'll get a little swamped and things will slip through the cracks. If you send me an email at seth (at) ziptask (dot) com, I can help you talk to the appropriate people and sort this out.

Thanks for signing up, and I hope that other people looking for specialized, flat-pay freelance work will give Ziptask a try!

danasurvey
10-25-2012, 12:03 AM
I think it's really nice to see a reply from someone who works for the company itself. Good luck with Ziptask Seth and I hope it continues to grow. :)

zalloy
10-25-2012, 07:45 AM
I thought it sounded interesting, so I went ahead and signed up. It might make a nice egg.:D

lewis4you
10-25-2012, 09:27 AM
Hi! I'm Ziptask's Digital Editor-at-Large, Seth W (about.me/sethweinstein). We're still a relatively small company, so occasionally we'll get a little swamped and things will slip through the cracks. If you send me an email at seth (at) ziptask (dot) com, I can help you talk to the appropriate people and sort this out.

Thanks for signing up, and I hope that other people looking for specialized, flat-pay freelance work will give Ziptask a try!

Hi Seth,

Thank you for your response. I've sent you an email with the email address that I signed up with.

Seth at Ziptask
10-25-2012, 09:57 AM
Hi Seth,

Thank you for your response. I've sent you an email with the email address that I signed up with.

I talked to our tech guy, Jacob, and he told me that the page you likely submitted your resume on was buggy for a little while.

The issue has since been fixed, and right now your best bet is to register with oDesk (https://www.odesk.com/signup/contractor). oDesk helps us verify the skills and experience of our freelancers, and we do most of our hiring off that platform.

When you set up your account, be sure to include the type of work you want to do and fill out the "skills" section. Once that's done, you can email the profile link to cs@ziptask.com. Everyone on our tech team will see it, and you'll get sorted out in no time at all.

Again, thanks for the interest in Ziptask and I hope you find success on the platform!

--Seth W, Ziptask Digital Editor-at-Large

cmiller09
11-11-2012, 08:46 AM
I applied last week and had to go through Odesk also, I was hired on Tuesday. I downloaded Ziptask, but have yet to get any jobs...hopefully I will get one soon.

notary_mom
11-12-2012, 07:38 AM
I emailed to ask if it is typical to not receive any work for two weeks. I haven't received a response yet.

jenryan9278
11-12-2012, 07:41 AM
I emailed last week too because I have only seen one job come through on my task bar. I asked if that was it that was available and they said that's all they had at this time. Hopefully it will pick up...

cmiller09
11-14-2012, 07:04 AM
I still have not received any jobs nor have I seen any come through. I too emailed and am waiting on a response. There is a ad on Ratrace for Ziptask, that they are hiring for work. I still have to log in through Odesk, as Ziptask says i have no account!:confused:

mlinane
11-14-2012, 08:47 AM
I saw the same posting today (at Rat Race Rebellion) and it prompted me to login to my Ziptask account.

I signed up in September and received a confirmation email "Ziptask Work Application Received" but never received anything further. When I logged in today it asked me for my credit card info. :confused: I thought I may have accidentally signed up for the wrong type of account. So I cancelled my account and started over by "applying to join the network". However, now it won't let me because my user name and email address are taken. I know I can use a different username and email (although I'd prefer to use my primary email address obviously). Also, the application page looks very familiar so I'm pretty sure I completed it before and I'm wondering why a freelancer would be asked for credit card information? Makes me uncomfortable.

Seth at Ziptask
11-14-2012, 01:55 PM
Hey all, Seth here again! I noticed more of you having trouble, so I'd just like to reiterate the process for becoming a Ziptask worker.

create an account on oDesk
fill out your oDesk profile, including experience, skills, and desired work
send a link to your profile to cs@ziptask.com

You do not need to register on the Ziptask website; when you first run the worker application, your account will be created automatically. Just make the oDesk profile and mail it to us, and we'll take care of the rest!

If you've gotten to a point where the page is asking for your credit card info, you have accidentally registered as a customer, not a worker. We don't need our workers' credit card info.

peaceunity
11-17-2012, 04:17 PM
I am going to apply, I have an account already with O. My question is, is it possible to make a steady income with this? TYIA

cmiller09
11-17-2012, 08:24 PM
I got my reply email back and was told that if no jobs are coming in then my skills don't match what their clients are looking for. So I am just wondering why I was even hired if my skills don't match. Seems that everywhere I have read, people are hired but aren't getting work. I guess if you are lucky enough to get jobs from them you may be able to have some type of steady income. I have become discouraged after being hired for 2 weeks and not 1 job come in.:(

buffetwoman
11-17-2012, 10:52 PM
It seems like it's taking forever to download the program! Has anyone else had the same problem? I'm about ready to give up! :/

cmiller09
11-18-2012, 11:17 AM
I too had trouble downloading...After i finally got it downloaded, my PC has been running terribly slow, and has started to crash every now and then....I'm about ready to just delete the program as I am not getting work coming through and I am worried it is messing up my PC....maybe there is still some glitches in their system/program :confused:

buffetwoman
11-19-2012, 12:43 AM
I too had trouble downloading...After i finally got it downloaded, my PC has been running terribly slow, and has started to crash every now and then....I'm about ready to just delete the program as I am not getting work coming through and I am worried it is messing up my PC....maybe there is still some glitches in their system/program :confused:

Yea, I was wondering about the glitches. I finally got it to completely download. Then it said I had to restart my computer which I did. When I tried to open up Ziptask from my desktop, I received a message stating that my computer was unable to open the file. (For whatever reason.) I wound up uninstalling it. :-(

cmiller09
11-25-2012, 06:47 AM
After weeks of no work and computer crashing, the program would no longer load, saying my internet connection was not working and gave a crazy code name saying i need to call and inquire about it and that i could go to ziptask.com and download the new updated version of the program, however, my internet connection was working just fine and i could access every other program and site available. I uninstalled the program and went to ziptask.com to get the new version and i can not log on to the site, it is telling me i do not have an account. so now i am waiting for a reply email to let me know what is going on. I have just about given up on this one!:confused: