WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : fascination with feces?

fussybutt03
06-11-2006, 11:15 AM
My daughter loves to paint with feces, the other day she painted her face, the dog and the wall with it, on two seperate occassions. Now this has happenned before. I had to walk out of the room, I was so mad. Sounds awful, but I did. The thing that really upsets me, is she sticks her hands down in there puts it on her face and goes "ooh, yuk. I dont mind that she isnt potty trained, I figure that comes on their time,not ours. I mean they do it when they are ready not us. But the "painting" has got to stop. She is fixing to go to daycare, and I would rather her pick her nose, or something other gross, this is just to much. Any suggestions besides beating her would be appreciate. I have tried to discourage her fom "digging".

mommy32
06-13-2006, 11:46 AM
My daughter has went through this stage as well. I read something online that it is a sign of speech delay. In our case, this was reality. Not sure if it could be for your daughter or not, just thought I'd pass it along.

shelbelle
06-13-2006, 02:36 PM
OMG! I would have been sicksmileys/smiley11.gif
how did you disapline her?

amom
06-13-2006, 02:55 PM
I thankfully don't have this problem, but I saw a doctor Phil show or something similar years ago, where the child was asked to help clean the walls or her person as discipline and also using stickers or reward charts as discipline. Have you talked to her doctor for guidance.

fussybutt03
06-13-2006, 06:25 PM
you know that is the problem with that, she loves to clean so its no big deal to her. i put her in time out when i calm down and i check her diaper for surprises. i just want to pull my hair out when she does it because she know its "yuk", when i got to get out the bleach she runs over and says "i help". I just hope she grows out of soon, i am going to remind her later on in life though, say when she starts dating, that is going to be on of my stories.

shelbelle
06-14-2006, 03:55 AM
my son is potty trainning he will poop on teh floor in fear and say EEEEW and start crying but never has he touched it. I guess I am lucky as Ihave heard of this fasination.

fussybutt03
06-14-2006, 04:25 AM
on the bright side, its only hers she likes

06-14-2006, 06:14 AM
http://www.todaysparent.com/toddler/askus/article.jsp?conten (http://www.todaysparent.com/toddler/askus/article.jsp?content=606&page=1) t=606&page=1

Kelbell
06-14-2006, 12:24 PM
My son who's 2 does this! its SO gross. He poops and then runs his truck through it so it makes poo tracks!smileys/smiley11.gif He has smeared it on the walls and carpet and the dog as well! At first I didn't get very mad, cuz I didn't want to scare him, but now I get real upset!!! He hasn't done it as much, but every once in a while. He's potty training, and does better with remembering when he has no diaper on, but that can lead to poop tracks if I don't watch him like a hawk!smileys/smiley36.gif

sadie_mae
06-16-2006, 06:54 AM
smileys/smiley36.gif For some reason, "Poop Tracks" strikes me as really funny. smileys/smiley36.gif

Kelbell
06-16-2006, 07:19 PM
smileys/smiley36.gif My whole family finds it hysterical too! Believe me, it's only funny when you don't have to clean it up!!!!smileys/smiley11.gif

Beth F
07-03-2006, 09:53 AM
ROTFLsmileys/smiley36.gif

I'm dying here...smileys/smiley36.gif

& I thought it was bad enough that my daughter just wants to see the poops in her diaper after I change her..

cuellarhatcher7
07-08-2006, 10:01 AM
I'm glad I haven't gone through it but my sister in law did. She just had my nephew clean it up and problem solved after a few times. He had a fit doing it but it ended.

xconfessionsx
07-17-2006, 12:44 PM
Hi, I'm new to this forum. I registered because of this post actually.

If I can ask, how old are your kids that are doing these things? I'm at my wits end, this started a few days ago and has been a constant thing, I just want to CRY, my 14 month old son has found this new fascination, and I just don't know what to do. I've cleaned up the situation, firmly said NO! and put him in a time out, but I just don't know if this is normal or what to do to stop him. He is constantly testing my limits and it just makes me feel like I'm doing something horribly wrong.

fussybutt03
07-17-2006, 01:46 PM
She is 3 but the painting has stopped for the most part. I think it was a phase, and i do not know why she did it, or why she stopped. I am starting potty training though, she hates to have a wet diaper. I totally understand what you are going through, my husband thought it was funny until I saved him a wall to clean. And for some reason he lost his sense of humour about it. It was driving me crazy, and it made me so furious a couple of times I had to walk out of the room. I dont like to punish at all when I am angry. Hopefully he will grow out of it.

shelbelle
07-17-2006, 03:25 PM
You know how I said my son doesnt do that?smileys/smiley5.gif
yeah well he does now...smileys/smiley11.gif

and its not funny its gross

Kelbell
07-17-2006, 07:04 PM
Confessions, don't stress about it. Its a phase, and a horrid one at that!!smileys/smiley36.gif I think just telling him "no" is good and maybe being firm about it isn't too bad either, but I wouldn't scream about it, or in other words scare him. I know you just want to freak out when it happens, but I think the less fuss you make over it, the less it will last! Atleast I frilling hope so!!! I'm going through the same thing and my son is 2. He poops outside, inside, on the toilet sometimes, and pretty much refuses to wear a diaper at this point! Just tonight we were outside walking around and I look over and he's pooping right on the ground!!! So I said "Ty, poops on the potty" and he looks at me and says "Poops in the woods mama"smileys/smiley5.gifsmileys/smiley5.gifsmileys/smiley5.gif I know its hell to clean, believe me Iv'e cleaned my carpets so many times, Ive lost count. The walls, the dogs, his older brother....noone is safe from the poo!!!! I know its a phase and will pass, so I try to calmly deal with it, all the while just telling him, "poops on the potty!!!"

xconfessionsx
07-17-2006, 10:04 PM
Thank you so much for your replies, it does make me feel alot better. I ended up having to buy a new playpen entirely, as the pen itself..well, I just bought a new one, there was no way to help it. I just felt so frustrated, and I'm glad at least someone out there knows what I'm going through here. Its always just ME here, and my husband is at work and tends to not see the "severity" of the situation smileys/smiley11.gif

Kelbell
07-18-2006, 05:12 AM
My sons new thing is if we are in the car and he has pooped, he pulls it out and smears it all over himself, the car seat, anything within reach. Its vile I tell you!!!smileys/smiley36.gif But I do get so mad sometimes I could ring his little neck. And my hubby never has to deal with it either, I just tell him about it, but a story just can't compare to the actual event!!! Why is this motherhood thing so unfair sometimes!!!!smileys/smiley19.gif lol!!!