WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Lionbridge test/exam!

TP2012
04-27-2012, 10:19 PM
I use the internet a lot I actually enjoy research on there the just because I can so i site hope a lot, I read yahoo/msn/google news and such every day and hell I know how to make websites from scratch (I hate it) but know the basics and if I applied my self and did not find it boring I would do it that way rather than make them from a template. :mad::mad:

So I took the test and didn't pass really! I sat there an read it all day then I used the ctrl+f and made sure I checked with the each question from the instruction and you are telling me i GOT IT WRONG REALLY BS I call BS not because I THINK I AM SMART BUT BECAUSE I think this is crap is rigged they got as much people as they want and then decide it's cut off time or

That test is not hard everyone thinks different I guess they only want people who think in a certain way.

:mad:

I know I am ranting but really I am in my early 20s all I do is the net. I can read well and comprehead hell i had all A's in those classes hell i took honor classes in high school good grades in college so whats the deal?

I can even do simple repair and put thing in a replace things on the comp your telling me I don't know simple question? that crap is bs and i stand by that.

Jeannie Zavala
04-27-2012, 10:59 PM
http://i1175.photobucket.com/albums/r639/JZav/Icons/Cheerup.gif

Don't give up! You will pass it just try again!
Let me tell you my story of when I went to the DMV to take my written test for my drivers license at age 15, I had to take it 4 times to pass!!! lol! So don't be so hard on yourself!

TP2012
04-28-2012, 06:15 AM
LOL thank you for the encouragement, I failed my DMV test the first time took again right then there and passed. :D

I don't think they let you retake the test... do they let you retake the lionbridge test?

painted_eyeballs
04-28-2012, 06:53 AM
Several of us have said it before. This isn't about smart. It's about thinking the way the client wants these tasks thought about.

This isn't about creativity. This is about applying their rules in exactly the way they want them applied. It's a pattern of thought. A lot of people with lots of internet experience fail, because they don't think the way the client wants these things to be done, because the client mostly builds for people with less experience to use.

dubrock
04-28-2012, 07:34 AM
Agree with painted_eyeballs. Sometimes you can start over-thinking, or being "too smart for your own good." Best just to learn the guidelines forward and back, and apply them as strictly as possible.

TP2012
04-28-2012, 09:50 AM
I did I apply it with ever single question after i TOOK the day to read the damn thing I had the find box on the pdf they sent and then with each question and each possible answer and typed in the keywords that applied to question a read the rules for said word lets say (Dog) i read nd rerread each word about dogs on each part of the test and yet i am wrong really.

painted_eyeballs
04-28-2012, 11:52 AM
Just using find isn't enough in a lot of cases with the exam. On part 1, stopping when you find AN answer is also not enough, as much of part 1 has multiple correct answers and you have to select all of them. In part 2, it's more about synthesizing the examples than finding them outright.

eener14
04-29-2012, 08:35 AM
I agree..I took it as well, wasted a whole weekend and failed. I really felt 'dumb' after. I feel as though I am fairly intelligent, use the computer...a lot...maybe it depends on the day if you pass or not. From what I understand, you cannot take the test again.

Krystle512
04-30-2012, 05:33 AM
Here lately people have been given second chances (at least with LF) so you may be able to try again. Wish you both luck if you do get another chance!

I agree..I took it as well, wasted a whole weekend and failed. I really felt 'dumb' after. I feel as though I am fairly intelligent, use the computer...a lot...maybe it depends on the day if you pass or not. From what I understand, you cannot take the test again.

stuartc44107
04-30-2012, 11:05 AM
I've applied and heard back from them. They emailed me this Terms of Agreement questionnaire along with other pdf files to review. Completed the questionnaire and now waiting to hear back from them.

I hope everything goes well with this. And I hope everyone else has great success with them too. And yeah there are certain things you cannot discuss about Lionbridge. In other words you are pretty much sworn to secrecy, or it will result in termination. And there are no second chances.

Anyway, I have rambled on enough. I wish the best for everyone who is starting out with Lionbridge and wish the best for those who are currently working for them.

God Bless:)

stuartc44107
04-30-2012, 11:07 AM
Oh and another thing I forgot to mention. How hard is the test?
I've yet to take it. Hope it's not too hard:cool:

chrlstoncharmed
04-30-2012, 11:32 AM
If you study the General Guidelines and become familiar with rating, the exam won't be terribly difficult. There are even some test questions that are straight out of the General Guidelines.

Oh and another thing I forgot to mention. How hard is the test?
I've yet to take it. Hope it's not too hard:cool:

dot50
04-30-2012, 08:00 PM
LB does give second chances. Not sure how they determine who they will give the second chance to, but I was one of the lucky ones who failed it the first time and was given a second chance and passed the second time. Good luck!!!

I've applied and heard back from them. They emailed me this Terms of Agreement questionnaire along with other pdf files to review. Completed the questionnaire and now waiting to hear back from them.

I hope everything goes well with this. And I hope everyone else has great success with them too. And yeah there are certain things you cannot discuss about Lionbridge. In other words you are pretty much sworn to secrecy, or it will result in termination. And there are no second chances.

Anyway, I have rambled on enough. I wish the best for everyone who is starting out with Lionbridge and wish the best for those who are currently working for them.

God Bless:)

AmbNic388
05-01-2012, 11:21 AM
I took the exam and failed it as well.
I asked about taking the exam again and they said they could not provide another exam at the moment but they did offer me an exam for their 'pay per task' position, which I passed.

Perhaps you could e-mail them about the pay per task position?

LHansen74
05-10-2012, 10:55 AM
I just completed test 2 which had to be done by 7:00 am PDT this morning. I have not heard back from them yet about my results but being anxious and excited I tried to log into the rating site to see if I still could and found that I can no longer access it. Does anyone know if I should take that to mean that I failed? I'm thinking if I had passed my access would not have been revoked. Any insight would be appreciated. I am going crazy waiting for a response.

Mariposa15
06-28-2012, 08:18 AM
I recently took the test..passed the first part but failed the second part. I tested with another company years ago and the same thing happened...I can pass the first part but am not successful with the second part. I spent a lot of time on this exam and I have been given the opportunity to retake it but I am going to pass on it. I just don't have the time to retake this test which will probably be another unsuccessful exam.

Swig5
06-29-2012, 08:47 AM
I'm really confused because I got the Test E-Mail saying that I would receive my guidelines and exam today but instead I got the same E-Mail but it said that I would get my guidelines and exam July 13th. Who should I contact to make sure that I don't miss the exam? Or wait until the 13th?

Cheryl Epp Colgan
07-17-2013, 04:46 AM
Hi all-- I passed Parts 1 & 2 of the LB exam and am just waiting on results of Part 3. I'm really anxious about it, because they told me I'd hear back within 24 hours, and it's now been 36 and still no result! :confused: I would hope they'd inform me if I failed. Anyone else make it to Part 3 and then get a delayed response?! By the way, Part 3 was by far the toughest, in my opinion. I've spent so many hours on this...I really hope I pass! I failed with AppenButlerHill (the same job but for Bing instead of Google) and Leapforce hasn't responded to my application so I'm REALLY hoping this works out!

susansinger
03-13-2014, 12:29 PM
Could you tell me precisely what they mean by "theory" (Part I of the exam)? They said several times over various emails that they'd experienced a high number of failures in this particular section.

Wish me luck; I've read the first third of the Guidelines and am hoping for good results!

If you study the General Guidelines and become familiar with rating, the exam won't be terribly difficult. There are even some test questions that are straight out of the General Guidelines.