WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Best Selling-High Demand Crafts?

Weblizard
05-30-2006, 10:20 AM
I am looking in to quite a few home business' plans and have been intrigued most by creating my own item (s) for selling. Like many other crafty moms I can create most anything but what good does it do your income if what you make no one wants to buy. I started this thread in hopes that those craft moms that have made a success of their crafts would like to share what crafts sell best and what crafts are in demand. I look forward to lots of ideas and examples.

Liz

bettie
05-31-2006, 10:22 AM
I'AM INTERESTED IN KNOWING TOO.... ANYONE?????

nicj
05-31-2006, 02:36 PM
I do not sell crafts,but I can tell you from my experiece in sales/marketing that the best markets have acause or a need.

For example, I havea fewclients that are "street vendors". During the summer months, they buy straw hats to add to their existing items to gain more sales. (One also buys water bottles customized with his contact info with a cute saying about being hot, and now they are not.. thanks to.....)

I have one client that is daring and orders 2000 tshirts at a time and sells them at her craft table decorated to match the upcoming holidays. Her next is Father's day. This time, she ordered 250 each of 8different sayings related to Fathers/Grandfathers.

I have one client that designs artwork to be printed on Christmas ornaments and cards. Iscan her full size paintings 4' x 3' and reproducedigitally so shecan use them. Last year, she had her paintings printed on canvas tote bags.

I don't know what it is you want to make, but there are always markets if you look. I sell primarily to business owners and corporate buyers and can tell you that they LOVE unique crafty items to use as holiday gifts. Secretaries dayis a big one!

Good luck in your search!

vipers_princess
06-09-2006, 06:18 PM
thanks for starting this thread, I'll be watching it... <!--
var SymRealOnLoad;
var SymReal;

Sym()
{
window.open = SymWinOpen;
if(SymReal != null)
SymReal();
}