WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Tips Please

Jramirez
03-12-2012, 02:42 PM
Any tips on how to promote my work from home business would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Keokuk McDaniel
03-12-2012, 02:43 PM
What type of business is it?

danasurvey
03-12-2012, 03:40 PM
Do you have a blog or a website? If so, I'd focus on basic SEO (Search Engine Optimization) in hopes of driving more organic traffic to your sites and blogs.

TLewis
03-12-2012, 09:01 PM
Word of mouth, facebook, blog, websites and friends (other work at home people). You also need business cards, and put a sign in or on your car.... and remember it takes time... hang in there...

And make sure you do something everyday to advertise your business... by the way what kind of business is it.... and the name? When you post it here... that is advertising!!!!! Good luck....

khristal23
03-13-2012, 05:14 AM
If you don't already, make Facebook and Twitter accounts for your business and then try to get some people to like or follow you. Then, you can share things on that account and everyone who has liked or followed you will see it.

Pinterest is also huge right now, and if you are selling a physical product that you can take good pictures of, that could help you a lot.

FreeElectricity
03-13-2012, 06:16 AM
As folks here have mentioned, it partly depends on the type of business you have and using business cards, car signs, Twitter, Facebook page, etc are all great ways to go. I also use IBOTOOLBOX. I don't think I'm allowed to post here but I will inbox you the link to sign up with them if you choose to. They have an inhouse blog area and if you blog 2 x's per day you earn 20 points per blog, attending their webinar on Saturdays gets you points, etc...and then the points get you free advertising! And your blogs and ads and videos and whatever else you want to put on there are sent out to several sites for you (plus you can tweet them etc yourself). AND you get to network with lots of great network and online marketers (if this is your line of business, this is a big plus...we all help each other out there).

Theresa

msuggitt
03-13-2012, 07:25 AM
The place to start is by checking out the various stickies within the various folders such as the sticky Advertising Resources thread in this folder.

Jramirez
03-14-2012, 10:36 AM
It's Melaleuca. My sons travel baseball team uses it as a fundraiser to pay for tournaments, jerseys, etc....Love the business part of it

WahIdeasCom
03-15-2012, 04:09 PM
I always recommend a sprinkling of all things marketing:

PPC
SEO
Facebook
Twitter
Youtube
LinkedIn
Yahoo Answers
Forums
Blogs
Articles
Contextual advertising on similar websites

There are so many more!

RevenueGal
03-20-2012, 08:53 AM
Content marketing...and guest blogging both do wonders.

mommyfixit
03-20-2012, 10:07 PM
What type of home business do you have? I also recommend seo, But, I highly recommend starting with organic links to build the rankings of the major search engines and get your page to the topj create several organic links throughout the site where people are actually looking. If you have any questions about building your website or how to get it results contact me, I'm happy to help. ;)

I look forward to talking to you, Check out my 90 day seo kick start plan here 90 Day Move To The Top SEO,Organic Links,Organic Submission,Google Rank (http://www.earthehosting.com/item_26/90-Day-Move-To-The-Top-SEO.htm)

Jen Rosa
Web Hosting, Online Storefront, Social Development (http://www.earthehosting.com)
info@earthehosting.com