WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : What I Think is Crazy...

tbkwriters
02-29-2012, 09:23 AM
I got an email today about someone offering me BMR work. The pay was .40 for a 150 word article.

The guy said he was going to give me ..drumroll please.... $20.00 for doing 50 articles.

I didn't want to respond by I kindly said no thank you I don't work for pennies, I am a citizen of the United States and here we work for dollars, and that is below minimum wage.

He responded : But I give you lots of work everyday.

I'm not replying. What a jack hole.

ErinHill226
02-29-2012, 09:29 AM
I see the inboxes have been flooded with outstanding offers today.

I'll give you the 7 free article guy's email if you share this one with me! We'll be rolling in the dough in no time! :rolleyes:

tbkwriters
02-29-2012, 09:31 AM
Hahahahahahahahahahah

ErinHill226
02-29-2012, 09:40 AM
Hahahahahahahahahahah

Playing hardball? Fine. I'll throw in the contact info for a guy offering $1 an article. But that's my final offer! Seriously. I can't share ALL my best gigs. ;)

jwinter
02-29-2012, 11:27 AM
I received an invite on Elance today for articles. It was in my general niche and the invite sounded reasonable until I read the final paragraph. It was for 50 cents per 500 word article.

Oh please oh please let me sign up for that! I mean really. I think the fee I pay Elance for extra bids is more per bid than what he is paying per article.

WorkingMom227
02-29-2012, 12:02 PM
I received an invite on Elance today for articles. It was in my general niche and the invite sounded reasonable until I read the final paragraph. It was for 50 cents per 500 word article.

Oh please oh please let me sign up for that! I mean really. I think the fee I pay Elance for extra bids is more per bid than what he is paying per article.

Wow, that is really insulting. I can't believe some people are posting such low paying gigs. I'm not even one of those people that are particularly picky with lower payments but 50 cents for a 500-word article is awful! :(

Lumara
03-01-2012, 09:13 AM
I just received an email with this job announcement:

Reasearcher/Article Writer (Part-time, $3.74/hour)

$3.74/hour. Wow, I want to jump right on that one. :p If anyone wants the details, let me know. Hahahahaha.

yurika975
03-01-2012, 09:19 AM
Should be titled "How to insult writers" This is just down right pitiful. Especially the guy that says but I give you work everyday...That equates to lots o pennies. No gracias...