WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

a_sweetpea
05-25-2006, 09:37 AM
I would love info on Noni pm me

happymommy
05-25-2006, 09:55 AM
Hi!

Thanks for your interest in Tahitian Noni. I can only tell you about
our products, as that is what I'm familiar with. Xango's product is
based on a fruit called mangosteen. Our's are based on the noni fruit.
They are 2 different fruits that do different helpful things for the
body.

Noni is a fruit that grows in Tahiti. The Polynesians have used it for
thousands of years as a healing plant. It is used both inside and
outside the body. It works on a cellular level by improving the shape
& structure of your body's cells. When you body's cells work
better, they take care of you better. It is wonderful for the immune
system, digestive system, metabolic system, and the skin & hair.
TNI was the 1st to bring noni to market with TAHITIAN NONI Juice in
1996. We've grown by leaps & bounds since that time.

I hope this gives you a good idea of what noni does. Feel free to ask
any other questions you may have. Those of us here have had amazing
results with noni juice. We're all happy to share that with you!

My energy is soaring, my pms migraines and painful menstrual cramps are
a thing of the past. I also have much better mental clarity...which
always comes in handy! :)

Take care!

Jennifer

happymommy
05-25-2006, 09:59 AM
PS...I love your screen name AND quote!smileys/smiley2.gif So true!

Inthezone
05-25-2006, 03:59 PM
Not to bring debate from the "other" folder but I found this interesting:

As far as the product....look, let's be realistic. They've both got science and they've both got great testimonials. Buy which one you like.

As far as comp plans, Xango seems to pay out more on the upper levels. But, to be perfectly candid, it's not much to get excited about....here's why:

Not including bonuses or retailing, you'll earn an average about $3 per distributor in the first three levels. If you're spending $150 a month on juice, that means you'll need FIFTY people JUST TO BREAK EVEN ON YOUR OWN PRODUCT.

I'm not saying that's good or bad....but it brings up another question: what percentage of networkers ever build a downline of FIFTY people? And how long will the average person stay when they're spending more on products than they're earning in commissions?

Overall, the TNI lawsuit that the Xango founders were terminated from TNI for theft would make it an easy decision. Xango was started by five former employees of Tahitian Noni...four of which who were terminated for industrial espionage by using TNI's resources to create their own product. That alone kept me from considering them when I looked at both companies last year.

Integrity isn't an area where you can compromise. And if there's any doubt about the integrity and honesty of the founders, then you'd probably do better to find a different company: one that will allow you to get into profit QUICKLY (with fewer than 50 people) and where you don't have to question the integrity and honesty of the people writing the checks.

I think the FACT that Xango is founded by former terminated employees of Tahitian Noni IS a relevant issue when deciding between the two companies. No Xango rep can deny that they weren't fired for using their employer's resources to create their own product/company when they were supposed to be working for Morinda.

Robin van der Merwe
05-26-2006, 12:42 PM
I hope you folks from Noni will forgive me for popping into your folder here, but I really have to correct some of the false information that was given in the post above because some of it is extremely serious.

I can, indeed, deny that the issue between Morinda and Xango was not as you have described it..... You will find that what you are saying was not able to be proven in court and the only legal action taken was that Morinda was told by the judge to pay Xango $20,000 for failing to disclose some information.

Morinda would have liked the Xango forumula to be their proprietary formula, given the success of Xango. Morinda should have had their executives sign non-compete agreements when they hired them.. like other companies do. It is not all all unusual for company employees to leave one company to start their own. Lawyers do it, doctors do it and it is very common in network marketing. One of those executives who left Morinda to form Xango was one of their own attorneys.... I can assure you that he would not have engaged in anything unethical or illegal.

Morinda did what many companies have tried to do...they made an attempt to claim that they owned the idea of one of their employees. Anyone who has ever read court documents of any kind, whether for a car accident, or a work injury or corporate events like this knows that when one party sues another, the discription of the events are made larger than life in an attempt to paint the most serious picture possible...that's what Morinda did with their filing.

I remember years ago when a fellow working for Sears developed and patented a new tool on his own time...Sears sued him, saying they owned the rights to that new tool because the employee worked for them..... Thankfully, we still live in a free country where our employers do not own our thoughts and ideas!

However, as I'm sure you must know by now, the Xango/Morinda case was settle out of court, and the results were sealed by the court. While we are not able to know what the disposition was, I do know that Xango leaders seem pleased.... Hopefully, Morinda's do as well.

You want to be very careful about making public postings with such serious accusations when you do not have first hand knowledge as it leaves you open to be sued yourself for libel. You could be called to prove those facts were true, and in this case, you would not be able to do so...... This applies to all of us anytime we talk about any other company. Jut because someone tells us something or we read it somewhere, doesn't mean we know it to be true. Be very careful about what you say about people and companies if you are not 100% certain you can back it up in court.....

All of us at Xango have always had good things to say about Noni..it is a great product and funny enough, we have the same compensation plan as Noni, except it has been enhanced slightly, paying two levels deeper, more up front bonus and a slightly larger global bonus pool. Otherwise, it is the same plan.

Your math is a bit fuzzy as well...... With our power start bonuses and the 5% residuals (10% on third level), distributors actively working the business will earn more than the cost of their product in their first month or two....

As for needing 50 people.........I've been with the company since August of last year, have only personally brought 17 people into the business since then yet have a teamof over 200 active distributors 8 levels deep.... and earning well more than the cost of the product I buy! The difference with this company (and I've been in network marketing for 14 years) is the fact that reorder rates are extremly high...people try the product, love the results and not only continue to order more but go on to tell others about it. It is the fastest growing business I've ever had. I'm assuming it must be similar in Noni where you do not have to do massive recruiting to be successful.

You're right when you say most people in other companies never get 50 people or even past 3 levels deep..... But it goes to show the power of a good company, with a good product and a good compensation plan.....

Noni once held all the same sales records that Xango has now broken. Both companies have an extraordinary product, a great comp plan, good leadership and a good future ahead.... Each product does something completely different is all.

We've always maintained a good relationship with our fellow Noni distributors on this board and away from it.... There's no reason to work otherwise. Let's not get into mud-slinging here... I'm sure that the Noni product and opportunity are good enough to stand on their own without having to resort to making statements that are simply not true. Let's let this one alone and not turn it into a heated debate. I would have prefered to not even respond, but your accusations about five people you have never met personally, and have no first-hand knowledge about was too serious to not defend.

Again, please pardon the intrusion into your folder...... I appreciate the opportunity to respond..

Sincerely,

Robin

mchoat
05-26-2006, 02:19 PM
Hi Robin. I'm going to step out on a limb here and say the I speak for everyone here when I say we respect the Xango business or any other business others are in. I can only think that posting was in error? smileys/smiley5.gifI say this because I saw something similiar on an mlm forum a year or two ago. I didn't pay any mind to it because.....well......I knew that building ANY business depends on the individual!

No hard feelings? Personally I wouldn't go out and blast off any information without confirming it first. So hey, no mud slinging over here, guys! smileys/smiley18.gifThis is a friendly forum. Please let's keep it this way.

Friendly thoughts, friendly thoughts....

Robin van der Merwe
05-26-2006, 03:00 PM
Marleeka,

I've always been so impressed with the way all of you in Noni promote your business.... I've always felt that the Xango group and the Noni group here are good examples of how to respect each other and even support each other. You've always been great examples of howit isn't necessary to boost your business imageby putting down other companies...

Absolutely no hard feelings.....and thank you for your post... smileys/smiley1.gif

Most sincerely,

Robin

happymommy
05-26-2006, 03:04 PM
Robin,

No need to apologize for popping in. You're welcome here and it's only fair for you to respond. I too, feel we should keep things friendly around here. We've all worked very pleasantly along side each other up to this point. We would like it tocontinue that way. We all want to help people live healthier lives. We have that in common. I do have to say, yes, people branch out to begin their own companies/businesses all the time. I've been a licensed massage therapist for 9 years. I'm in private practice. I didn't start out that way. I worked for another therapist, got some experience under my belt and moved on to begin my own pracitce. Some of the client base I had built up did follow me when I moved along. They found me, looked me up and contacted me to follow me in my new venture and remain in my care. However, I did not take the contact list of clients that belonged to the therapist I had worked for. While working in his place of business, he trusted me with that information. It would be ethically wrong, and illegal for me to have taken it. If the Sears employee had taken the company's customer list as ameans to sell his new invention, Sears would have had real reason to take issue.

That is all I will say. I think it should be dropped. It wasn't appropriate for this to be brought up at all. The original poster was simply looking for information on the products and how each could help her. We are all moms/dads/individuals striving for success and we should support each other in that, whatever company we choose to work with.

Both companies have apparently moved on and so should we, right?!

Take care and enjoy much success!

Jennifer

Edited by: happymommy