WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Are you where you want to be?

copydiva
02-14-2012, 01:55 PM
For 2012 that is. We all have these ambitious New Years resolutions. Thought I'd ask how many of us have fallen off the wagon leaving our huge goals on the wayside as bills and family take priority over wanting to earn more, create passive income, or write that novel we want to start/finish.

I know I haven't been keeping up with my blog or started working on PLR content to sell. I have landed a couple of lucrative clients that have potential to lead to more work. I have also written about 20,000 words on my novel (this year)which puts me at about 100 pages.

On the personal level I haven't exercised in two weeks and my nutrition plan has gone to crap. Although my kitchen is getting organized, I've painted 75% of the walls and I almost have the pantry shelves done.

So I guess I can say that 2012 is off to a bang even if I haven't kept up all of the things I planned on.

How about you ladies? Maybe we should "check in" with each other every couple of months to see how much progress we are making.

beanandpumpkin
02-14-2012, 02:11 PM
For the first time, I'm actually on the wagon as far as goals for 2012! ;)

Business-wise, I'm super busy, which is awesome!
Weight-wise (goal is to lose 20 lbs and get more fit), I was a bit of a slacker, but have recently started Couch to 5K, and I'm feeling really good about that.
Savings (goal: save 10K toward trip to Europe)... umm.... well, I have a plan, anyway, and I still expect/hope to meet the goal.
My last goal was to do three wild-and-crazy things (for me). I might be getting a tattoo in the spring, so that would accomplish 1/3 of my goal. :D

anng
02-14-2012, 02:13 PM
I've been doing better than planned. Booked a house for a week's vacation in Maine and could comfortably afford it. Sure enough, the second I do... my husband called about 20 minutes ago, his check engine light came on and his transmission is slipping. So now, I'm just ready to cry.

80k miles on this 7 year old car and from what our mechanic is saying, Dodge is notorious for needing a new transmission around 90k. So that's a main reason I will tell everyone AVOID DODGE.

JennWith2Ns
02-14-2012, 02:52 PM
Hah not even close! I have done nothing I wanted to for this year! At this pace, I might start my goals around November, lol.

miboje
02-14-2012, 03:03 PM
Unfortunately, I am worse off than I would ever want to be. I had four good eggs, and now only one is rated as fair (eBay). I worked for content mills, tried to get on with a couple phone jobs and now there is very little work left. :>/ I'm struggling to pass a couple tests for Lionbridge, so I hope I can get on, stay on and pull myself out of this hole.

copydiva
02-14-2012, 03:30 PM
Michelle- That is awesome! I purchased the six week body makeover so I am starting that Thursday. Tomorrow is grocery day so I will pick up all of the "supplies" I need.

Anng- I am so sorry. That happened to us a few years ago except it was the head gasket on our van. It was awful.

Jenn and miboje- I completely understand how you feel. Until the last few weeks I was floundering.

Suggestions to anyone needing to get back on the wagon:
-look at what you are doing on a daily basis
-Are you doing at least 1 thing per day to meet your goals?
-Before you do something ask yourself if this action is going to get you closer or further away from your goals.

This has helped me on some days when I feel like I'm getting nothing done.

beanandpumpkin
02-14-2012, 03:38 PM
It helps that I have private clients who are really counting on me. I can't just *not* do the work, kwim? I mean, I could, I guess, but that would definitely jeopardize my relationships with them, and if I lose them, then I lose my income. And the bulk of my income is going toward a big trip, which I do NOT want to not take!

Another thing I've done is blog about my goals, and I've promised a monthly update to my readers. I am not one to want to eat crow, so I definitely don't want to write "I did nothing this month to achieve my goals." LOL! I'm extrinsically motivated, though... I don't want to let other people down, even if the six people who read my blog don't really care whether I lose 20 lbs or make X amount of dollars. ;)

Stephanie Mojica
02-14-2012, 03:44 PM
I'd like to have more passive income, so I need to write a sales page and get graphics done for my other book writing and marketing CDs.

Also, I'm going to get off my butt and go to more live networking events in hopes of attracting copywriting and marketing consulting/coaching clients.

Good topic!

Peace,
Stephanie

corinne76
02-14-2012, 11:30 PM
I'm getting there I guess. I want to gain more private clients and more followers for my blogs.
I've been eating paleo for the most part and lost about 10 pounds in a month so yay! I need to make sure to exercise daily or I'll never get rid of the mommy tummy. 2 kids, 2 c-sections. oi!

anng
02-15-2012, 12:38 AM
Anng- I am so sorry. That happened to us a few years ago except it was the head gasket on our van. It was awful.

Thanks. It's frustrating because back in late August, the radiator went suddenly and it's apparently a common issue with Dodge that people have a petition to get it recalled, but Dodge is ignoring the issue. The transmission lines run into the radiator to cool the transmission fluid, the area where the coolant surrounds the transmission fluid develops a crack and lets radiator fluid into the transmission lines. Warranty doesn't cover it, so we spent, I think it was, $500ish getting the new radiator and getting the transmission lines flushed out.

It appears to be another crack in the radiator, only this time it's a crack where the transmission fluid collects to be cooled. If that is the case, the mechanic said warranty on the radiator is covered, we'd just have to pay to have the new transmission fluid added. I'm hoping that's the case, but I won't know for sure today.

Meanwhile, one of my private clients emailed me last night saying he wants to have a phone conference to discuss the future of the site. This coming a couple days after new work was expected has my stomach in a knot and I gave up trying to sleep. I got about 3 hours and since I have to be up to drive my husband to work in 3 hours, I've decided tossing and turning is pointless.

VintageMama
02-15-2012, 07:52 AM
I'm hanging in there. I got a new client right after the first of the year, and he's been thrilled with the work I'm doing. So thrilled in fact that he is going to put my work and contact information in front of a group of his peers and send me more clients. Yes!:D

Another client called me two days ago, and is going to start paying me a percentage of all the earnings of his company. I've been doing his social media stuff as a freebie until, while he tries to get his business up and running. :)

I am in the process of purchasing a short sale, and feel trapped in limbo right now. It's an unsettling feeling, but will be worth it when it's finally done.

Weightloss is slow going, but I'm getting there.

I'm writing about 8k weekly on my various fiction projects.

VintageMama
02-15-2012, 07:52 AM
I'm hanging in there. I got a new client right after the first of the year, and he's been thrilled with the work I'm doing. So thrilled in fact that he is going to put my work and contact information in front of a group of his peers and send me more clients. Yes!:D

Another client called me two days ago, and is going to start paying me a percentage of all the earnings of his company. I've been doing his social media stuff as a freebie while he tries to get his business up and running. :)

I am in the process of purchasing a short sale, and feel trapped in limbo right now. It's an unsettling feeling, but will be worth it when it's finally done.

Weightloss is slow going, but I'm getting there.

I'm writing about 8k weekly on my various fiction projects.