WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Prayers for my son

FreeElectricity
02-14-2012, 08:20 AM
Long story, but our son Josh is in jail right now and has been several times since leaving our home last year in August. We adopted Josh and his bio family has kind of taken hold of him in a bad way. He left here cause we had too many rules he didn't want to follow. I'm praying he finds his way out of this mess he is in and learns from it and maybe will come back home and do some good things with his life. He's got a lot of potential to have a wonderful life!! Smart, loving, good kid... <3

MLM4Real
04-26-2012, 07:52 PM
I am very sorry to hear about what happened to your son. I don't know what it feels like to be in this situation, but I do want to tell you that my wife and I are going to be praying for you tonight. I used to live a wild life, but things changed when I decided to recognize God in my life. What used to happen to me was that I would do something wrong, and I feel so guilty. The guilt made me want to do more wrong because I was exhausted from trying to be good. It happens all the time. Studying the bible and going to church has made me realize that getting closer to God and really experiencing his forgiveness was the only way out of the cycle I was in.

Again, I will be praying for you and your family tonight. God loves your son, and he loves you. If you get a chance to talk to him, please tell him that God loves him no matter what happens in his life. God is the only way out.

malea
04-26-2012, 11:22 PM
Prayers going out for your son.

FreeElectricity
04-27-2012, 08:05 AM
Thanks so much to you both for praying! As you can see this post was originally dated in February. After that bout in jail - he ended up back in jail yet again. When he got out of there we had him come spend a night with us and had a serious talk with him about his life. We gave him a choice to come back home and live by our rules and take control of his life, but so far he has not chose to do that.

I am friends with one of his friends from the city - a kid that literally lives on the streets and tries hard to stay out of gangs and trouble. Please pray for him too - his name is Vaughn. He has been sleeping in apartment building halls and eating at the rescue mission. I live 40 miles from him and he is going to a work program so hard for him to stay here but I bring him here on weekends when I can. Anyway, Vaughn tells me that Josh is doing some bad things again to get his money. So please continue to keep Josh in your prayers - as well as Vaughn.

Thanks so much!

VibrantHealth
04-27-2012, 11:28 AM
So sorry to hear this. I pray and hope he is able to get on the right path soon and find that which truly fulfills and heals his heart.

Jeannie Zavala
05-05-2012, 04:19 PM
http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc74/honestangel_us/senfing25255Fprayers25255Frose.jpg