WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Personal events

Tazerplayer
02-11-2012, 06:50 PM
Do many displays or an events at hair salons or coffee shops?

If so, do you offer the owner the credits or do a special together?

Where do you do by yourself events at?

How do you work them?

AppleCore
02-11-2012, 10:35 PM
The only "personal" ways I sell are one on one with a customer. Otherwise I sell at vendor events.

sue311
02-13-2012, 06:18 PM
Do many displays or an events at hair salons or coffee shops?

If so, do you offer the owner the credits or do a special together?

Where do you do by yourself events at?

How do you work them?

I had a display at a coffee shop which wasnt successful partly because I did it on a weekend and it was next door to the cinema and the only people who really came in were teenagers. I did not offer the owner anything beforehand and he did not ask. He did mentioned that people have had parties there before, etc. So, you may want to find out from the owners.

I have never set up a display at a hair salon. However, one thing you may consider is offering the hair stylists the opportunity. I never offered that to my hair stylist just kept giving her a catalog. However, after looking through our newest cataqlog, she saw that she would make 50% and is signing up. Again, seize the opportunity to tell everyone (thats what I learnt).

Lastly, I only do parties and events and basically just set up my jewelry using trays, neckstands, and of course have the various incentives on the table as well.

Allura
02-13-2012, 11:07 PM
AllieCat Jewelry lets you give a petite pendant free to every attendee, no purchase required. And there's no cost to you. We've had successes with restaurants advertising a free pendant to all customers for your event. It's a win win.

We also have a special line that lets you sell to retail stores just like they buy from other suppliers. The products are packaged for retail and even include a counter display. The store then re-orders through you or directly from the company. You make commissions on the sales and they count toward your qualification and for our upline as well. Hair salons do great with the jewelry, and you don't even have to be there.

You can even arrange to do an AllieCat trunk show at their store with their customers. You split the profit with the store owner and recruit hostesses and Consultants. The store can invite their customer list and even offer everyone who comes a free pendant. It's a wonderful way to line up hostesses and recruit!