WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Always "Getting Ready to Work"

81charduck
01-30-2012, 04:22 PM
I see many people in network marketing "getting ready to work," believing they need to know everything before they can get started. Or those who do busy work. They appear to be working, but nothing is getting accomplished.

This behavior isn't exclusive to any particular company. I'm sure all of them have people who "pretend" to work. Sadly, I don't think they know they're doing this. They are busy all day, and some wonder why their business isn't growing.

So, if they are on your team, what do you do?

1) Ignore them.
2) Attempt to motivate them.
3) Lead by example and hope they'll be inspired.
4) Talk frankly to them, letting them know what you've observed.
5) ???

prostarprofitsdotcom
02-02-2012, 09:11 AM
This true in any business there are things that NEED to be done but these things don't make you money.

1 There are thing that don't make you money
2. There are things that don't make you money

Generating leads, advertising, sales these are the only thing that MAKE YOU money

DeeAmber
02-03-2012, 06:20 PM
I see many people in network marketing "getting ready to work," believing they need to know everything before they can get started. Or those who do busy work. They appear to be working, but nothing is getting accomplished.

This behavior isn't exclusive to any particular company. I'm sure all of them have people who "pretend" to work. Sadly, I don't think they know they're doing this. They are busy all day, and some wonder why their business isn't growing.

So, if they are on your team, what do you do?

1) Ignore them.
2) Attempt to motivate them.
3) Lead by example and hope they'll be inspired.
4) Talk frankly to them, letting them know what you've observed.
5) ???

I always lead by example, because there's nothing that I will tell my team to do that I haven't already done, and that isn't already a proven system with results. Additionally, I attempt to motivate them a few times. Many people just need a little guidance when first starting off.

However, if they continue to slack, they do not get my time. We are in a business and I do not become emotionally attached. Those who are actively coming to me with questions (that haven't already been covered) and producing, get my time. Those who are not, I do not waste energy on. I simply continue to focus my efforts where results and profits are being maximized.

You can have 10 "average joes" that consume so much of your time you actively lose money, or you can have 1 person who is taking things really seriously and blowing your business up in ways you cannot imagine. Frankly, I will let the other average joes "drop" and concentrate on my 1 superstar.

To clarify, an average joe is someone who is not actively trying and a person you have, as a leader of course, already attempted to train and get plugged in. A lot of times, they are even the ones talking about the 100 things they are doing, but have absolutely no results even after a month. These are what I call liabilities. Not assets.

Cornelius
02-04-2012, 01:16 AM
Recruit someone else. It's that old 80/20 rule rearing it's head.

81charduck
02-04-2012, 06:43 AM
This turned into a great conversation!

If someone regularly tries to take a lot of my time with questions, but they never follow through with what I suggest, I'll keep my future conversations very brief.

I am always happy to work with any team member who contacts me IF they're following corp and my training and guidance. I do lead by example. For those who keep asking more and more questions, but never really get to work, I cannot give a lot of my time.

Instead, I'll help those who are producing or at least truly working their business as our training teaches us. Plus, I do not chase down members with whom I've had no contact. My team members know to contact me if they need help. I have far too many team members to be calling them to ask IF they need help.

vemmamom
02-04-2012, 07:52 AM
I agree with all of you. While everyone needs support, training and a proven system to plug into,if they are not hungry enough to change their life they will make excuses. I don't chase people. I work with people who are ready for a change. There are some who will and some who won't. Network marketing is a sorting process. Finding people with the willingness to work and transform their lives may take time but it's well worth it!

Cornelius
02-05-2012, 09:51 PM
As individuals at some point we have to ask ourselves why we are in business? If the goal is financial independence or to build a good residual income we have to build from personal production or with producers. From a personal business mindset it's work with the willing..

In some respect I think MLM has a reputation of having a high turn over rate because people/companies may not be totally honest with new people and let them know MLM is a business and there's only certain ways to make income. In many companies the way to build residuals is to build a team and that's straight up recruiting a large amount of people.

Now on the other end if the sale of individual product is another way the associate has to put on their salesmen hat and go to work... People just have to choose which way they want to build and go at it.