WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : It5 does not hurt enough

prostarprofitsdotcom
01-26-2012, 11:04 AM
Most people who get involved in this industry do not follow through this is why there is a big lie about this industry that most people fail. No most people do not fail most people just stop doing it.

The great Les Brown talk about a story when he was a kid. He went to a house there was an old man and a dog on the porch he asked why is the dog cry? The man said he is sitting on a nail Les then asked why is he sitting on a nail? The old man said it does not hurt bad enough to move.

People hurt but it does not hurt enough to really do anything about 1 of the biggest objections people use is the no money objection BULL CRAP! There is more money today than there has ever been in history (There is no shortage of money) Now I do believe they may not have the money then and on them.

But if it hurts bad enough they will find the money. When I got started I sold a bunch of my guitar to get started in business. You will find the money if it is important enough to you.

Lets say you got bit by a snake and you need $500 for the medication or else you would die. I'm sure you would find it some how!

Respectfully,
Chris Brown

jammintj
01-26-2012, 01:17 PM
Random: When I saw your name "Chris Brown" I thought of the singer first, lol.

Anywho, I love Les Brown!!! I highly advise anyone to Youtube his speeches. They are beyond motivational!

On topic: I so agree! From my experience you get, "I don't have money" "I don't have time" "Maybe later" This is funny to me especially when they contact me wanting to join and they tell you an hour long sad story about how this could lead them to financial freedom. Of course I'm empathetic but I don't understand if it's something you have to do, then what's stopping you? Fear?

So I always wonder... Do people need to hit rock bottom to really want to do this? (whatever business venture that would be).

As far as the money part, you're right! If you need your car fix, you find the money right? So what's the difference when it comes down to something that can change your financial future? I think people need to want it bad enough or something.

Just ranting but I like this post. It's like... Hmmmm.... keep working that $7 hour job or do "x" and consistently work it and replace that "job" with your new business. Do you want "this" or do you want "that."

Cornelius
01-26-2012, 05:12 PM
Here's my take. If a person works a mile away from home and they have a good pair of shoes or a bicycle they can put off fixing the car if it breaks down. To start a business most people will need some funds. When things get hectic or they have a set back it's easy to revert back to the 9-5.

Having a business sounds good especially on Sunday nights or Monday mornings but at some point the business side will kick in and running a business just isn't for everyone. To n extent we all pump up our individual businesses but building it up is not easy. People have to have a reason and a vision to do it.

If people quit a business I don't consider them a failure as some do I just take it as maybe the business just wasn't for them. That's where the product should be able to stand on their own. That being said people really need to take a serious look at their long term financial future. Pensions are basically a thing of the past and today people have to do their individual planning.

Everyone has a right to live the life they so choose. When things start to slow down or someone isn't as motivated as you think they should be as a business builder it's in your best interest to just recruit someone else. Just be there when people need you.. Get yours..And work with the willing.

jammintj
01-26-2012, 05:44 PM
AGREED!!!

Work with the willing... I think that's going to be my new motto. :rolleyes:

FantasyBelles
01-27-2012, 04:08 AM
Of course I'm empathetic but I don't understand if it's something you have to do, then what's stopping you? Fear?
I know this is a tad random but I saw an advertisement recently that you reminded me of. It's a recruitment advertisement and it says that people are born with two fears - the fear of loud noises and the fear of falling. Everything else we pick up on the way.

81charduck
01-27-2012, 10:07 AM
I absolutely believe that there are many times when prospective team members say they don't have the money, the time, etc., because they are afraid or are uncomfortable saying "no thank you." They are simply trying to get rid of the recruiter.

Other times, if they REALLY want to do the business, many people will somehow find the money to get started. Those are usually the people who have taken the time to research the company, the prospective sponsor, the product/service and the comp plan. They love what they've learned and will do whatever they can to join your team.

Sadly, however, these are difficult times for many. They may be behind on their bills, the water heater is broken and they can't afford to fix it, the car is broken down, so they lost their job, etc. There are many real situations where, no matter how much they want to start a business, they truly cannot afford to pay the required fee. For those in real financial trouble, they are not making up an excuse when they say they cannot afford to join your team.

For those in the last category, I don't give up on them. Instead, I'll wish them well, and ask if they'd mind if I contact them in "x" period of time. Often times, these prospect do see light at the end of the tunnel. They are in bad shape now, but they expect their situation to
improve.

So, I'll contact them in the agreed-upon period of time, and in some cases, the prospect joins my team at that time - maybe 6 weeks, 3 months, or even 6 months. But I keep them "in the loop," sending periodic emails to let them know I haven't forgotten them. It is definitely worth the little effort it takes to continue following up with them.