WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

Suavey
01-21-2012, 08:45 AM
I have worked for Ubiqus and FocusForward. I enjoyed everything but having to wait on them for work. Are there any places that actually let you work consistently and pay you by the hour? Or are there at least places that create some sort of stable schedule for you?

pawp11
01-21-2012, 09:02 AM
Every place I know pays by the audio hour, minute, page, or word. Every company I have ever worked for has had inconsistent work flows. For that reason, most of us have more than one contract. Holidays, or rather the week or so after major holidays, seems to be slow with almost all transcription companies. There are also those odd times where there just isn't any work. I think historically the entire month of January seems slow regardless for which company I am working.

In my opinion, if you qualified to work with FF and U, you are probably good enough to work at most any of the others. Maybe apply to the ones that appear busiest or have the best reputation on the several transcription boards? Once accepted you can ask about their average work flow. I just don't know of any company that is consistently busy in this industry.

How many hours of audio do you want to do a week? Or are you striving for a certain amount of money? I don't know what U pays, but I do know what FF pays. If you find something which pays higher than FF, you can make more money for less work.

Maybe someone else will come along and drop some names. I just don't have an answer for you. I wish you luck in finding what you need.

Sadie1Lady1
01-21-2012, 08:02 PM
I know that Way With Words and Allegis, both have a type of queue system where you can pull your work from and they almost always have work, from what I understand. Maybe that type of work setup would suit you better.

I understand Landmark has had work too, as well as Bell, KLJ and Anderson. Most of us that do this usually have several eggs in our basket so that we don't often end up with no work.

Good luck.