WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

n.alicia
01-20-2012, 11:58 AM
Hello everyone,

I have recently engaged into a beautiful jewelry company called Jewels by Park Lane and I love their product, but never thought of doing this serious, I have been with them for a month and I am signed up to go to Las Vegas, Convention.

I would love to receive any comments or advises from existing sales reps since I am so new in this business and I have my regular 8 hour job.

How can I start building clients?

I have a director who is wonderful, but has little time to go over with me with more details.

Thank you,
N. Alicia

Tazerplayer
01-20-2012, 01:24 PM
There many many different ways to get yourself out there. It's too bad that some of these companies don't have a great support system. You can do things like put an ad in the paper or hang fliers. I give my business card to whoever will take it or leave it wherever I am. You can also send or hand out catalogs to people that seem interested. There are vendor and craft fairs you can do.

liz.jewels
01-20-2012, 03:31 PM
Are you able to call your corporate office for support and training? My sponsor in my company is great, but if she weren't, I could get all of the coaching I needed for free from corporate.

There are also some great Direct Sales trainers on the internet - you can sign up for some free courses and pay for others. One I've liked is called "A Fresh Perspective." I have no affiliation with this company, but I get their daily emails and have listed to a few calls and found them helpful. Here's a link:

A Fresh Perspective (http://afreshperspective.com/)

Best wishes for success in your business. Feel free to ask for advice here as well - we're all here to support each other, even if we work for different companies.

AppleCore
01-20-2012, 04:12 PM
Did you do research before you joined Jewels By Parklane. That is so important because you will find out what kind of support you will get from your sponsor, upline and even as high as a director. The company home office has to be of help as well. All this is important to your success. Good luck.

ppkeener92
01-21-2012, 07:41 PM
N.

I have been in Jewels by Park Lane for 8 years... Their support is awesome... Who did you sign under? It is the best company I have ever been involved with when it comes to a support team... Email me and I will help you get going if you don't have a upline... Thanks :)