PDA

View Full Version : Is RamCage, Hootsuite, etc. useful for marketing your business on Facebook?

kailo
01-20-2012, 11:29 AM
If you do not know what I am talking about, then I am talking about the tool that allows you to spam to all your Facebook groups at once. It saves a lot of time posting your business one by one to each group.

I stopped using it after 2 months as I found the leads that I got from doing that are extremely poor quality. A few people also unfriended me on FB simply because I was using that tool, and it blew up their inbox with notifications of my ads.

Are you still using it, or are planning to use one?

Freeoptions
03-26-2012, 07:35 PM
I am not using them. However, if anyone is really into Facebook or social sites marketing and would like to save time doing it then these tools can really help. I think the poor quality of leads has nothing to do with these tools so blaming the tools may not be appropriate. I think you also have to differentiate between legally and massively promoting on those sites and plain spamming. When you are part of a group, you can post all the messages you want. :o

FreeElectricity
03-27-2012, 03:26 AM
I use Hootsuite but more for Twitter since those posts go so by so quickly. I do blogging - sometimes about my business, sometimes about network marketing, WAH and other related topics. So I wouldn't say it's spam. As far as Facebook - even on my Fan Page I don't post continuously throughout the day...maybe 3 times a day. That's plenty. On my personal profile I mix up personal and business stuff and try to keep the business stuff to just like really important things - like we have a new market opening soon. I want people to know that. Anyone who is my facebook friend already knows what I do and what it's about - in fact I'm sure some are experts in it by now...LOL

But again, using Hootsuite with Twitter is great! I have gotten customers, interest in our affilate program and business partners! And since I can reach a much wider audience that way, it's perfect!

Thirteen3
04-05-2012, 01:28 PM
I am not using them. However, if anyone is really into Facebook or social sites marketing and would like to save time doing it then these tools can really help. I think the poor quality of leads has nothing to do with these tools so blaming the tools may not be appropriate.

I agree with the above statement. The tools are useful if used appropriately and responsively.

I am talking about the tool that allows you to spam to all your Facebook groups at once.

That mentality is probably why the leads were poor quality.

A few people also unfriended me on FB simply because I was using that tool, and it blew up their inbox with notifications of my ads.

I doubt you were "unfriended" because you were using the tool. I'm sure it had everything to do with blowing up their inbox with your ad notifications.

I suggest you get some good training on marketing etiquette as well as social network marketing.

tburton
04-06-2012, 11:23 AM
I have found Hootesuite extremely useful my strategy is to mix personal, business & interesting news maybe from yahoo, huffington or something like that.

Social networking is all about socializing which means to network & build relationships with others so people will know that you're human & not business all the time.

To me 80% should be personal & 20% should be about your business.

Learn how to mix it all in together schedule your posts throughout the day & you'll see a big difference with the results that you've been getting.