WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

kailo
01-20-2012, 11:29 AM
If you do not know what I am talking about, then I am talking about the tool that allows you to spam to all your Facebook groups at once. It saves a lot of time posting your business one by one to each group.

I stopped using it after 2 months as I found the leads that I got from doing that are extremely poor quality. A few people also unfriended me on FB simply because I was using that tool, and it blew up their inbox with notifications of my ads.

Are you still using it, or are planning to use one?

Freeoptions
03-26-2012, 08:35 PM
I am not using them. However, if anyone is really into Facebook or social sites marketing and would like to save time doing it then these tools can really help. I think the poor quality of leads has nothing to do with these tools so blaming the tools may not be appropriate. I think you also have to differentiate between legally and massively promoting on those sites and plain spamming. When you are part of a group, you can post all the messages you want. :o

FreeElectricity
03-27-2012, 04:26 AM
I use Hootsuite but more for Twitter since those posts go so by so quickly. I do blogging - sometimes about my business, sometimes about network marketing, WAH and other related topics. So I wouldn't say it's spam. As far as Facebook - even on my Fan Page I don't post continuously throughout the day...maybe 3 times a day. That's plenty. On my personal profile I mix up personal and business stuff and try to keep the business stuff to just like really important things - like we have a new market opening soon. I want people to know that. Anyone who is my facebook friend already knows what I do and what it's about - in fact I'm sure some are experts in it by now...LOL

But again, using Hootsuite with Twitter is great! I have gotten customers, interest in our affilate program and business partners! And since I can reach a much wider audience that way, it's perfect!

Thirteen3
04-05-2012, 02:28 PM
I am not using them. However, if anyone is really into Facebook or social sites marketing and would like to save time doing it then these tools can really help. I think the poor quality of leads has nothing to do with these tools so blaming the tools may not be appropriate.

I agree with the above statement. The tools are useful if used appropriately and responsively.

I am talking about the tool that allows you to spam to all your Facebook groups at once.

That mentality is probably why the leads were poor quality.

A few people also unfriended me on FB simply because I was using that tool, and it blew up their inbox with notifications of my ads.

I doubt you were "unfriended" because you were using the tool. I'm sure it had everything to do with blowing up their inbox with your ad notifications.

I suggest you get some good training on marketing etiquette as well as social network marketing.

tburton
04-06-2012, 12:23 PM
I have found Hootesuite extremely useful my strategy is to mix personal, business & interesting news maybe from yahoo, huffington or something like that.

Social networking is all about socializing which means to network & build relationships with others so people will know that you're human & not business all the time.

To me 80% should be personal & 20% should be about your business.

Learn how to mix it all in together schedule your posts throughout the day & you'll see a big difference with the results that you've been getting.