WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

wbindia
01-16-2012, 02:25 PM
Hello Successful IM'ers-

I know most people primarily use one or two affiliate products that they are promoting with their respective online businesses; I too am no different-and have had tremendous success promoting SBI the all e-commerce all in one web-hosting service that I have been using since my personal goal setting.com website went live in June 2009 as an affiliate, especially since I am a successful SBI website owner I am able to tell of the many benefits that SBI has to offer anyone irrespective of your particular business niche. But I also promote Amazon.com products, provide referrals, and sell advertising as part of my total monetization model for my site. AND......when my first book FINALLY goes to print this Spring, I will be able to offer and sell my own book as another part of my total monetization package for my site.

With respect to Amazon (which is the message of this initial thread)....this post is to offer some helpful hints and suggestions after 2.5 years of trial and error in affiliating marketing of Amazon.com products, in what has worked and how to maximize your ROI with Amazon.com.

a) Use LINK to this PAGE, as opposed to one particular Amazon product.

I receive monthly updates as I have an Amazon link on all my informational content pages. Since my site deals with and addresses personal goal setting, I have a key word focused page (i.e., college planning, self motivation, self improvement), , which are all key words noting these pages on my site. Last week when checking my Amazon stats, I noticed that I had over $200.00 of Amazon product sales from my various (Link to this page) in my activity accounting matrix.

All my pages with (Link to this page) as opposed to Link to this book or product had no clicks for sales. This has made me think of switching all my 170 pages (and counting....) to change to link to this page instead of link to this particular Amazon.com product. People want choices-give them choices my putting a link to the particular page based upon your key word. This strategy will definitely improve my Amazon order click through rate and my financial bottom line....KA CHING....

b) Put key word at beginning of page

I have had more success with Amazon link to this page order click throughs when the the key word is the the beginning of the page, then when placed near the middle or the end. Therefore, I am changing the order and placement of all my key words in the first paragraph of everyone of my 170 pages on my site based upon this data.

Mind you, I have an informational website and this strategy may not work for all websites, but for those of you who have similar themed niche sites, the sky's the limit on your ROI with Amazon.com. ;)

Remember: Your Ability is only limited by your inability to take Action...

Best-

Wayne

ashamom
01-17-2012, 07:26 PM
How do you deal with the 24 hour cookies? Do you redo your links everyday, or do you have plugin that helps. Or am I not understanding what the 24 hour cookies thing means? New to affiliate marketing, and Amazon. Thanks

wbindia
01-18-2012, 05:13 AM
How do you deal with the 24 hour cookies? Do you redo your links everyday, or do you have plugin that helps. Or am I not understanding what the 24 hour cookies thing means? New to affiliate marketing, and Amazon. Thanks

Re cookies, it my understanding Amazon tracks visiitors for 30/60 days, so if they do purchase, your Amazon affiliate ID link is tracked for sales. With respect to re doing links, nothing needs to be re-done once you put the HTML code for the Amazon product or the Amazon link to page on your website that you want to link to. It's done automatically.

You can check weekly or monthly by sales and orders and click throughs to really gague how your site is doing. ;)

Best-

Wayne

About Me (http://www.personal-goal-setting.com/about-me.html)

ashamom
01-18-2012, 02:24 PM
Thank you. This was something that I didn't fully understand.

Mejo101
01-18-2012, 02:36 PM
Hi there. I'm a little confused too. As far as I'm aware Amazon only allow you're cookie for 24 hours, unless someone clicks on their shopping cart and then it's 30 days. Have I got that wrong or am I missing something?

Ta

Joanne2006
02-26-2012, 03:25 AM
I'm not sure if that is correct or not.

I sell Amazon products through Squidoo and also from individual sites I've set up. I really need to work on getting a lot more.

Joanne