WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

PinkPea
12-31-2011, 06:17 PM
I have been invited to be a vendor at a Spring Fling in about two months from now. The event planners have given me "exclusivity" - which means I will be the ONLY chocolate vendor in front of approximately 500+ people (mostly women) for the one day event. I've never done this before.

Here's what my preliminary plans are: Set up a beautiful display of chocolate products "for display only." I will take orders and share information and incentives about booking FUN chocolate tasting parties and have a raffle for a beautiful company gift basket give away. There will be catalogs and brochures on the table for anyone interested in the premium chocolate products or the opportunity to join my team. I will also have the company's fabulous dessert cookbook for display as well.

I'm thinking about also having some goody bags available with one or two wrapped truffles and a business card.

I would really appreciate any tips from anyone here who has ran a food booth at a large event/Expo before. Any insights would be most welcome. Thanks for sharing and I appreciate your help.

Dreaming in Chocolate,

Pink Pea

gkoinski
01-01-2012, 01:10 PM
Pink Pea,

Have a raffle of a chocolate gift that is very decoratively done by you. You can get leads in that fashion. And/or - have a clipboard for a sign up for your newsletter; again a way to capture leads. Make sure you capture: name, phone # and email addresses!

The rest of what you are doing sounds great! Let us know how it goes! Exclusivity is pretty exciting!

navybluecrafts
01-09-2012, 11:35 AM
I have not done one with Lindt yet, but I have with Tupperware. Definitely have one of the gift baskets set up for a raffle. I would have them fill out the raffle form completely (use a lead slip with name, address, phone, email, etc) and get a truffle, or better yet, sample the Thins. That would be a cheaper option for YOU and is an exclusive item. Truffles can get expensive after a while... The thins looks so pretty arranged on the tray. Good luck!

PinkPea
01-09-2012, 06:00 PM
Thank you all for your kind e-mails and PMs. I appreciate your time in answering my questions and offering your ideas. Wow - there are some awesome chocolate lovers on this board !

The basket idea is a definite.

Loving thoughts to all,

Pink Pea dreaming in chocolate