WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

Hugalicious Ragdolls
12-25-2011, 02:42 PM
Hi

I have just purchased a huge list of leads from a legit company. The people on the list have opted in to receiving information about work at home businesses.

My dilemma was, how do I actually contact them legally? I have (soon to be had) an aweber account, but aweber doesn't let you import purchased leads.

Well, on recommendations from some IM experts, I purchased a brilliant email mass marketing software program - Email Marketing Software & Bulk SMS Service | Mass Email Software: Bulk Email Sender, Email Harvester and Other Email Extractors, Email Verifier, List Manager and More Bulk Mail Software (http://www.massmailsoftware.com/#bulkmail) which allows you to import purchased leads, and also free leads.

I am going to import all of my aweber leads into this program and cancel my account with them. A bonus with this program, is that there is a one off cost, instead of hefty monthly subscription as well.

Hope someone else finds this useful, it is perfect for anyone who wants purchase leads and be able to contact them without getting into trouble (you still have to adhere to CAN SPAM of course)

cheers
Angela

maximumleverage
12-31-2011, 10:42 AM
I would forget sending them any emails.

It will be looked as spamming because they didn't
optin to your list.

If you email them they won't know you from adam.

Emailing them won't be worth it. You can get blacklisted,
lose your hosting account and have your ISP shutdown.

Its so easy to learn how to generate your own leads.

There so many different traffic products out there that will show you
how to get traffic to your website.

colly5
12-31-2011, 11:48 AM
I typically generate my own leads too. However, in a pinch, I have purchased leads through reputable sources. I call them first and then let them know on the phone that I will be emailing for info, that way they can expect it. Plus, it converts better.

TLayne
01-01-2012, 07:31 AM
More than likely, your emails will be deleted and never even seen. I agree with 'colly5', better to call them first.

I also agree that generating your own leads produces much better results.

jammintj
01-02-2012, 10:24 AM
I'm note sure.... I don't have to purchase leads with my business since I'm getting them constantly.

I've seen people use aweber with success but maybe e-mail them first and then call. Maybe lead with I see your looking to work from home... I sent you an email, did you get it... Or something like that. I hope it works out for you!

EstherL
01-02-2012, 01:16 PM
I agree with others. The one time I did purchase leads, I called them first. I did not find that leads worked well for me, since they have no relationship or trust built up. But it has been a long time since I did that. You will be more successful if you call and leave messages and follow up with an email.

Jeannie Alaimo
01-02-2012, 04:08 PM
Not to hop on the band wagon but when you call or email leads that didn't specifically opt into your offer you spend a ton of wasted time.

The time you're spending on your purchased leads you can put into generating your own...seek out someone you know can teach this to you, the life of your business depends on your ability to generate your own quality leads.

embereli
01-02-2012, 07:27 PM
I earn my living through email, and all of my email contacts were generated through my own sites. Buying email leads is tricky, and with CAN SPAM you have to be careful. Most purchased leads are not worth the money since the people do not know you. My email list has a high open rate and a high CTR because my readers trust me and know me. It is about building a relationship.

luvwhatido
01-27-2012, 07:25 PM
I agree that if you send email it looks spamming because they did not opt in to receive your information. The phone is the best source to contact and find if they still have an interest.

KatieBDR
01-31-2012, 05:25 PM
I'm new to all of this so never even considered purchasing leads (it has been pretty easy so far, knock on wood!) but I agree it's best to try to call before sending a random email. You want them to expect it. Good luck!

SavvyMom
01-31-2012, 05:45 PM
I just wanted to mention - and I am not sure if this applies or not - but what if the person is on a Do Not Call list? Seems like you might get in trouble for calling too, but perhaps whatever form they filled out had something about that, where they agreed to receive phone calls or something.

deannatroupe
02-13-2012, 04:51 PM
So I never got what the verdict was on using purchased leads. Good idea or bad idea? What about sending a post card with information about the opportunity and then calling?

maximumleverage
02-18-2012, 03:12 PM
Hi

I have just purchased a huge list of leads from a legit company. The people on the list have opted in to receiving information about work at home businesses.

My dilemma was, how do I actually contact them legally? I have (soon to be had) an aweber account, but aweber doesn't let you import purchased leads.

Well, on recommendations from some IM experts, I purchased a brilliant email mass marketing software program - Email Marketing Software & Bulk SMS Service | Mass Email Software: Bulk Email Sender, Email Harvester and Other Email Extractors, Email Verifier, List Manager and More Bulk Mail Software (http://www.massmailsoftware.com/#bulkmail) which allows you to import purchased leads, and also free leads.

I am going to import all of my aweber leads into this program and cancel my account with them. A bonus with this program, is that there is a one off cost, instead of hefty monthly subscription as well.

Hope someone else finds this useful, it is perfect for anyone who wants purchase leads and be able to contact them without getting into trouble (you still have to adhere to CAN SPAM of course)

cheers
Angela

Want to learn how to generate your own leads then checkout Mike Dillards
Building Your Business On A Budget.

That course will show you how to generate your own leads and not waste
your time or money on buying them.

KamaWilson
02-21-2012, 07:16 PM
If you're thinking about doing a one-off emailing, and the leads were cheap enough, it might be worth it. However, I think, as others have said here, that building a relationship is where it's at. If people are looking forward to hearing from you, they'll buy from you easier.

lywealthmentor
02-22-2012, 06:26 PM
This is simple. Get an emailer like jmailer.
Load em in.

Email them saying you want to know if they are still open to an opportunity.
Include some of the fields in the email so they know they must have filled out your form.

Like IP, address, phone,etc.

Tell them you have a free gift for them if they reply back.
Tell them about you, or sell yourself in the email but put in NO LINKS in the first email.

If they do reply with confirming their info then you can send them your links so they can opt in to your site or ask their permission to opt them in, or send them to your webinar.

Easy way to create organic leads. So many people say oh it never works blah blah but it does if you do it smart.

And those leads are gold by the way.

Chris

DeeAmber
02-25-2012, 10:13 AM
You're wasting your time if you're not calling your leads. Pick up the phone or expect to throw your money down the drain. Make sure that you have an approach worked out. Leads don't mean anything unless you know how to qualify and close. If you would like some tips on generating leads, feel free to PM me on Facebook. That's where I hang out for the most part.