WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : How many posts per day?

writermommy
12-22-2011, 10:16 AM
Does anyone here write more than one post for the same blog per day? If so, how many?

khakigirl
12-22-2011, 01:49 PM
Occasionally yes but I would suggest that if you do write more than one, don't post it right away. Take advantage of scheduled posts or put it in your drafts for when writer's block strikes.

ashamom
12-22-2011, 02:02 PM
Occasionally yes but I would suggest that if you do write more than one, don't post it right away. Take advantage of scheduled posts or put it in your drafts for when writer's block strikes.

I would agree. Unless your subject is something that requires multiple posts, like deals or breaking news, anything that requires timeliness of posting. If not, save that extra creativity you had that day for future posts. You never know what life is gong to throw at you, and there may come a day when you'll need those extra posts because you don't have time to write.

~ Rosie ~
12-22-2011, 03:31 PM
Are you talking about a curation site or just a regular blog?

I highly recommend continuing with what you start with......so the search engines get in a routine crawling your site.

For the first 60 days of my business, I posted daily.

Now I post 4x per week.

Hope to help.

:)

dlandry
12-22-2011, 05:13 PM
It depends on what I have to do. I may have a review and giveaway that I need to get up that day or a sponsored post and I'll throw in a general personal post in the middle to break things up.

JimmieWriter
12-22-2011, 07:33 PM
I don't post more than once a day. I actually post 2-3 times a week. But I do go on writing binges where I write and schedule multiple posts.

skcandles
12-22-2011, 09:10 PM
I agree with the above posters.

The coupon/saving sites I'm on post multiple times a day.. but thats because those deals are timely. But my blog, I post 3 times a week. If I get on a writing roll, I save those posts for times when I have a block.

writermommy
12-23-2011, 02:02 AM
Thanks for the responses. I read something that said the 100 most successful bloggers post an average of 20 posts per day. They also said that these were not short tidbits, but real psts with value. The number shocked me and made me wonder if I'm not posting enough. I do usually schedule extra posts I write to post every 3 days or so.

dlandry
12-23-2011, 07:04 AM
If you have subscribers or regular visitors then 20 posts a day would most likely annoy them and keep them from coming back.

angienewton
12-23-2011, 10:40 AM
Thanks for the responses. I read something that said the 100 most successful bloggers post an average of 20 posts per day. They also said that these were not short tidbits, but real psts with value. The number shocked me and made me wonder if I'm not posting enough. I do usually schedule extra posts I write to post every 3 days or so.

Oh boy that is the funniest thing I have heard, not sure where that was published but no you do not have to post 20 times a day to be a successful blogger.

It really varies and depends on your goals, etc.

khakigirl
12-23-2011, 11:06 AM
I don't know where you saw that either. I even searched and couldn't find anything that said that. It's a misconception that you even need to post every day. According to a survey done on Problogger (http://www.problogger.net/archives/2011/07/28/you-must-post-every-day-on-your-blog-misconceptions-new-bloggers-have-2/), the number 1 reason that people unsubscribe from a blog is TOO MANY posts, not too little.

skcandles
12-23-2011, 05:00 PM
I am curious who is posting that much every day as well.

Problogger sends out 1 to 3 a day. I get one email a day and it sometimes is +1 or +2... He may post 20 articles a day, but that would be through his whole network. I know he has the photography one and the blog one, he may have others. You would need a huge team of bloggers to write 20 posts a day, especially if they are full length articles!

JimmieWriter
12-25-2011, 05:12 PM
I agree that 20 posts a day is neither desired nor realistic. Only for a large blog with numerous categories and authors would such a thing be possible.
My readers seem to like 2-3 posts per week. They just don't have time to read more.

Blogelina
01-25-2012, 03:50 PM
Whatever your posting schedule, I've found that it's best to be as consistent as possible. Even if you can only write once a week - make sure to write once a week - always. That way your readers know what you expect from you. The worst thing you can do for your blog is to blog 10 times a day for a week and then not post for 2 weeks, then blog twice a day for 3 days, then not post for a month. You'll lose your readers that way.

Wahm Man
02-08-2012, 07:29 PM
Post whenever you have something worthwhile to write.

So if you have something worth writing every few hours when you're awake - Do so.

racksjackson
02-09-2012, 03:54 AM
As per as my knowledge, Number of post in Blog is not a big deal or issue. Most important task is your content which should be unique and attract to visitors as well as search engine crawler.

dtoss80
02-20-2012, 08:48 PM
Just started my blogging site. The maximum you should post is 2-3 times a week.

Krystle512
02-21-2012, 10:10 AM
2-4 times a week is going to be my goal once I launch my blog in March I think.

Pink Widow
02-21-2012, 02:14 PM

Holy Cow!! I am WAYYYYY behind the eightball on this one lol. I post 2-3 times a week and it works just fine for me lol.

I can't imagine 20 posts per day, in fact I think that is just setting you up for ultimate failure. Just like with a man, you teach Google how to treat you - if google expects 20 posts a day and you can't keep up, google will not be a happy camper

HowToee.com
02-21-2012, 07:28 PM
Hi,

If your blog is new, you have to work a little harder to take it off of the ground. You need content. Therefore, you have to work harder for a while and add content to your blog. If your blog is focused on a special niche, then you have to create a set of articles about different things related to your niche. For example, if your blog is focused on "working from home", then you need several articles that explain about the below topics:
- where and how to start
- the best and most important work at home jobs and opportunities
- work at home scams

These topics need several articles to be covered. You have to add them to your blog as soon as possible.

If your blog is not new and you have already built the community, then you should not have more than 2-3 posts per week. Having too many posts will make your blog readers confused and overwhelmed. Most of them do not have time to read all your posts. They need enough time to read the posts carefully and precisely. If you get your readers bombarded with too many posts per week, they will run away.

Hope this helps.

EcoConsciousMom
02-23-2012, 03:12 PM
It depends on what I have to do. I may have a review and giveaway that I need to get up that day or a sponsored post and I'll throw in a general personal post in the middle to break things up.

I personally try not to do more than 1 a day of a quality article. But when I'm throwing up the latest news or something like a gift I'll have 2 that day.

The main thing is to be consistent so search engines know when to come back to see if you have new content. You get indexed faster this way too.

underthis
03-05-2012, 08:22 AM
My record - 3 posts in one day! Next time i won`t do like that, i will wait for another day!

jaysmimi
03-14-2012, 09:40 AM
Hello there!
I have been an avid blogger and writer (part-time) for my company for years and want to get an opinion from the professionals out here who blog/write for a living.

Can you have your own blogging site and make money with it?
How do you get started inexpensively?

I am thinking of branching out...

Any help or opinion would be great
Thanks!
Jaysmimi :)

nkellerm85
03-15-2012, 08:53 AM
If it's post per day, I don't do it. I could write more articles per day! :p

I even updated my blog once a week but in rich content. ;)

robledo1
03-17-2012, 12:45 AM
I try to do one post per day.

After reading the replies, I picked up some useful information.

Thanks!

Sometimes I write up to 3-4 per day and save them on my computer for later.
That's the most.

-I don't know about 20. . . :)

manoora
03-17-2012, 11:40 AM
I would say one post per day is the required amount. I run two blogs now and do one post per day to keep it updated. Hope this helps. Thanks

alansm
03-18-2012, 10:34 AM
I think one per day. Or may be 2-3 per week are fine :D.

angienewton
03-18-2012, 04:27 PM
Hello there!
I have been an avid blogger and writer (part-time) for my company for years and want to get an opinion from the professionals out here who blog/write for a living.

Can you have your own blogging site and make money with it?
How do you get started inexpensively?

I am thinking of branching out...

Any help or opinion would be great
Thanks!
Jaysmimi :)

You can absolutely have your own blog and make money with it. Best way to get started is to figure out your niche, buy a domain name, get a hosting account from a place like Host Gator and then set up a Wordpress blog (.org) through them. Find a theme and hit the ground running!

Louidam1
04-17-2012, 10:32 AM
I like to do about a couple of blog post a day to keep my content fresh for my readers, so they have something to look forward to each day. I often take breaks on the weekends unless something needs to be posted right away like a contest or giveaway that has a deadline. By doing this I noticed my traffic has jumped tremendously and ranking high on Google in my niche!

EcoConsciousMom
04-20-2012, 11:46 PM
I'm sure many of you avid bloggers using WordPress are probably already aware of this nifty plugin, but for the newbies: WordPress › Editorial Calendar « WordPress Plugins (http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/editorial-calendar/)

"The editorial calendar gives you an overview of your blog and when each post will be published. You can drag and drop to move posts, edit posts right in the calendar, and manage your entire blog."

Sometimes I'll write a few articles in one day. I'll be researching for one and I find so much useful information that I'll write too much. So I break it into smaller pieces and schedule them out once a week until they are all scheduled. That way I don't have 4 articles in a row about the exact same topic. This is where the editorial calendar really comes in handy.

jennchandler01
04-22-2012, 07:06 PM
Since my blog deals a lot with couponing and the deals that are currently going on, I post several times a day...but typically no more than five...I don't want to overwhelm my readers...especially since I post my blog updates to Facebook...I don't want to hog anyone's news feed.

lisarulzzfox
05-02-2012, 12:39 AM
Absolutely, you can write but don't post same day. keep the post for the very next day, so that readers or visitors will get fresh content everyday. Always keep updating.

itsrania
05-03-2012, 06:21 PM
I agree with scheduling posts... although I usually post 2 or 3 blog posts a day...
since my creative juices are on high in the mornings lol
I know that the search engines like daily fresh content...

I watch or listen to daily motivation or training everyday so I never run out
of content... at least until my blogs reach a point of authority that 1 post a day
would be enough but this might take about 1 year...

EcoConsciousMom
05-03-2012, 11:46 PM
Not sure if you know this, but if you are using WordPress for your blog you can install the Simple Scheduled Posts plugin.

Here is the link: WordPress › Simple scheduled posts widget « WordPress Plugins (http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/simple-scheduled-posts-widget/)

It will show your scheduled posts as a list in a widget. Your readers (and search engine traffic visitors) will see what is coming up. If it interests them they would be more likely to return.

badenglishmajor
05-05-2012, 04:38 AM
I post 1-2 times a day, but for those who have coupon blogs, I think it's different. It's expected on coupon blogs to have 5-10 posts and nobody minds.

snakeair
05-05-2012, 10:07 AM
The only time that i schedule blog posts is when i go away on vacation. I do this so people think i'm not on vacation and active on the blog that week. lol

Only problem is i can't get to approving comments while on vacation.

Normally i post about 3 blog posts per week but i allow guest blog posts so it's about 5 posts total a week that go live on my blog most of the time.

Not that often there will be 2 new blog posts in 1 day. I prefer to have 1 blog post only to direct all attention to it.

EcoConsciousMom
05-06-2012, 11:43 AM
You can also schedule guest authors to write during your vacation week. It's a great way to get posts taken care of.

snakeair
05-06-2012, 01:04 PM
You can also schedule guest authors to write during your vacation week. It's a great way to get posts taken care of.

This is a good idea but right now, any guest authors that i have, i still don't trust them 100% to give me a unique non spun blog post so i still moderate all blog posts submitted. I'm so worried about the Google algorithm changes.

If you can find a few guest author's that will always put out quality content and not try to spin a article then this is a great way to have fresh content while you away on vacation with the family.

EcoConsciousMom
05-06-2012, 09:57 PM
This is a good idea but right now, any guest authors that i have, i still don't trust them 100% to give me a unique non spun blog post so i still moderate all blog posts submitted. I'm so worried about the Google algorithm changes.

If you can find a few guest author's that will always put out quality content and not try to spin a article then this is a great way to have fresh content while you away on vacation with the family.

Good point. You can have them all submit them the week before, review them, then schedule them as an option.

I see guest blogging weeks at many mom sites. They all seem to work together. It's like if you have a blog about "DIY clothing", then you contact 5 other "DIY clothing" moms who run similar style sites to contribute. Can build your relationship, get more traffic and time off from writing. This approach will be much less likely to not send duplicate content, as opposed to people asking to guest post out of the blue.

KevinatOOYR
05-09-2012, 01:43 PM
Snakeair--When I'm away on vacation I'll either write some extra posts that I can publish while I'm gone, or I've also done post swaps with other bloggers I trust. This is why it's so important to network with other bloggers, so you don't have to worry about the quality of their work on your site. Most of the bloggers I know are very conscious of their own reputations and would never write a spun post on someone else's site.

Also, if you include a backlink in the post to their site it will give them incentive to do a good job on the article so people will go to their sites.

starbirdy66
05-10-2012, 04:19 PM
Another great plugin is the WordPress Editorial Calendar. You can plan and schedule posts in advance, plus see a calendar view of posts/drafts scheduled ahead. I love the ability to drag and drop posts from one day to another in the calendar view or easily draft a post for a day without a scheduled post.

SkinnyWraps
05-10-2012, 08:36 PM
I like to write a post a day!

KevinatOOYR
05-14-2012, 11:40 AM
I keep it to three per week--that's all my creative juices will allow. But then I also write freelance for other sites. I also find that with three it's easier to focus on quality, but that's just me. Writing every day is probably optimal.

coachkat
05-14-2012, 08:51 PM
What I have found in doing research and case studies over the past 3 years is that if you are going to post more than once per day, you need to make sure they are published at least an hour apart.

The bare minimum to get any kind of ranking or to build traffic to your site, you need to post at least 3 times per week regularly for at least 3-6 months.

Also, if you have AWstats or perhaps google analytics, you can see when the googlebot visits your site each day, as it visits most sites daily. You will be able to see over a few days time when it visits (time of day). Post your best post of the day approx. 1/2 - 1 hour prior to the googlebot's visit.