WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Article Submission Guidelines?

Christina098red
12-21-2011, 11:14 AM
Please forgive me in advance...I'm a Newbie! :)

I would like to start sumbitting articles to ezines and such, but I have a few questions before I do.

Can I use my blogposts as articles, or do I have to write an entirely separate article?

Can I sumbit the same article to multiple directories? If not, can I "spin" the article to sumbit to different directories?

Thank you!
Christina098red

JimmieWriter
12-21-2011, 01:30 PM
You need fresh content at most article submission sites. If you copy articles that are already on your blog, most sites will immediately stop you because they do not allow duplicate content. (Hubpages and Wizzley are two that come to mind.) Even if you do get through on a platform with a copied article, Google will probably penalize it as duplicate content.
Your best bet is to rewrite the article altogether with a different slant. I don't call it spinning. Google can pick up on that too.
Say you have a blog post on spinach. You can do articles on the health benefits of spinach, best spinach recipes, the history of spinach, how to disguise spinach in dishes, etc. See? It's still spinach, but very different slants on the topic.