WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

shmerns
12-01-2011, 04:05 PM
I am curious how many of you are getting your leads or what you consider your most successful form of affiliate or network marketing.

In my case, I use Facebook and Twitter mainly, would love to hear what has been working for most of you!

Lori P.

maximumleverage
12-01-2011, 11:33 PM
My favorite

Free Traffic Methods Are

Video Marketing
Article Marketing
Blogging

Paid Traffic

Banner Ads
Text Ads
Solo Ads

katelynsdad
12-02-2011, 06:53 AM
I still actually rely on Word-of-Mouth referrals. I know it's old-fashioned, but it still works :D

macwilson
12-02-2011, 09:03 PM
Well, my favorite marketing methods are Guest Posting, Blog commenting and Social Networking. These methods have got great potentials to influence people and turn them toward your side or make them believe on you. The most important things that you need when using any marketing method is the communication skills and convincing power. If you have these two qualities, you can turn any visitor into a customer.

sreece
12-04-2011, 04:15 PM
Several years ago I came across a social networking site designed for marketers and entrepreneurs. I was quite active on the site for about a year, then abandoned it - mostly because I got busy with my grandson, garden, etc. I just recently came back to it. I have found that I get my most productive leads at this one site - far more than through Facebook or Twitter combined. If you'd like to know more, send me a PM. I can almost guarantee you've never heard of it.

Anne373
12-06-2011, 04:20 AM
Great discussion Lori, thanks for starting it!

I absolutely love Twitter too, but I believe Twitter is just an instrument, we can't refer to it as a method of marketing.

Twitter has a lot of room for marketing. The key to success is finding a balance between aggressively pushing your stuff forward and pointless socializing: finding a way to build relationship with people that might convert.

As for Facebook, from my experience it has less potential when it comes to building relations, and many people are appalled by FB these days, but there's one thing I know for sure: have a budget, buy FB ads, they deliver!

Cheers,
Anne

Jemstone
12-06-2011, 06:22 AM
Hi Lori,
My favorite is Facebook and good old Email marketing, I work on the principle that you present yourself at least 7 times to someone before the trust develops. I like to build relationships with people and offer lots of free valuable information, before I offer products to sell.
I also like Article marketing and Blogging.
KR
Jayne.:)

maximumleverage
12-11-2011, 06:04 AM
I still actually rely on Word-of-Mouth referrals. I know it's old-fashioned, but it still works :D

How long it take to build your business doing word of mouth
or 3 foot rule?

I am not knocking that but it seems so painful and time consuming
doing it that way. But if its working for you then great.

gushy0202
12-11-2011, 07:48 AM
I put quality and consistent content and get google traffic and im happy about it, all others i feel are only low quality traffic :(

Thanks

mywahmommy
12-12-2011, 02:10 AM
I would have to say article marketing is my favorite. Many miss the fact that quality content matters and that does not just mean a well written article. This means having a properly structured article from title to resource and everything in between.
There are many factors involved here which include SEQ, PSAD, related words, grade level of reading, proper grammar, and other factors. Sure you can write some crappy articles and get some results but true results will never be seen unless you give the search engines exactly what they want.
Today I post on no article directories but my own due to the fact I know my seo is proper, I know my sites are all 100% ad free, I know the link structures are right. I can create my article without the worry of losing link juice.
I do post on my social profiles though because you must diversify when it comes to marketing. You must work on several different methods to get the results you want but you also must follow the terms of these sites and still give the search engines what they want.
Does not matter if you are posting on your own blog or on another site, you must always make sure that content is of quality and properly formatted.

GG9909
12-12-2011, 08:06 PM
The beauty of Twitter and FB is the ability to post links to send followers and interested parties :) we can also add forums, email groups and social bookmarking as a marketing methods.

JimmieWriter
12-16-2011, 06:51 PM
I use online publishing platforms such as Wizzley, Squidoo, and Hubpages plus my own 2 blogs. So I guess I market through content/articles.

TheGateKeeper
12-17-2011, 09:28 AM
Web 2.0 properties seem to work the best for me.

Curlyme
12-24-2011, 07:41 PM
I get most of my leads from PPC and facebook. I have not seen results from twitter, how do you promote in there? I find a hard time getting quality followers. Im lost in track with twitter.

ritag
12-30-2011, 12:11 PM
Hi,
My favorite form of Marketing so far is FORUMS! You can meet so many people that you can learn from and possible business connections. I am truly on Forums to expand my business and meet people that communicate clearly. There is so much info on training etc.... that it is almost insane. I came across a young fellow that is very clear and easy to understand and it has helped my business immensely. All I know is that be careful who you listen to.
All the best in 2012 Maurita
http://traxad.com/r/maurita_secretsmlm

~ Rosie ~
12-30-2011, 01:03 PM
I enjoy a variety of methods but suppose that my blog is my main place of marketing.

Although email marketing is a wonderful thing....valuable content/quality offers....having a nice mix is essential.

I enjoy the interaction with my readers and have made a lot of friends online due to my business.

What a blessing!

Take Care,

Jflats
12-30-2011, 01:35 PM
I personally favor article marketing. It allows you to build a following if you join 2.0 sites like EzineArticles or Hubpages. You can also place a link to the website you are trying to promote in the content you create. If you put time and effort in creating useful information people will look forward to reading your material and supporting your brand.

Hugalicious Ragdolls
12-30-2011, 01:59 PM
I use Facebook, Twitter, Linked In, and free classifieds with great success. I also do a bit of paid advertising on relevant websites, nothing beats the freebies though :)

prostarprofitsdotcom
12-30-2011, 04:28 PM
I prefer offline advertising that drives traffic online. I use 100 flyers that drove traffic online which I generated 27 leads in 2 hours of work and 3 sales in the next 72 hours at $365 each.

maximumleverage
12-31-2011, 09:51 AM
I want to do more facebook marketing and youtube ppc.

Facebook is wide open.

linxbeetle
01-02-2012, 12:20 AM
Here are 10 ideas for doing that.........................

1. Take steps to make customers feel special
2. Create business cards that prospects keep.
3. Stop servicing break-even customers
4. Develop an electronic mailing list and send old-fashioned letters.
5. Boost your profile at trade shows and conferences
6. Combine business with pleasure — and charity
7. Create a destination
8. Become an online expert.
9. Court local media
10. Finally, don't let customers simply slip away

ginene
01-02-2012, 03:46 AM
My favorite is through forums and blogging.

maximumleverage
01-03-2012, 09:23 AM
Google Content Network is another marketing method that
is wide open. I believe most people don't know it even exist.
If you can learn how to do it right....this traffic source can bring
you massive amount of traffic.

stevetinnon
01-04-2012, 08:16 AM
Google adwords and social networking sites

~ Rosie ~
01-05-2012, 09:53 AM
Hey Linxbeetle, thanks for that list.

Been wanting to make business cards, and had totally forgotten about it until now.

Gonna order them today. Thanks for the reminder.

Have a great day.

net101
01-07-2012, 12:09 AM
I use Twitter, Forums and Ad boards. I also build a list and use free opt-in email services like List Joe and safelists

shawna joseph
01-09-2012, 05:02 AM
I've consistently made at least $100 a week and up to several hundred a day marketing on Youtube. This does not involve creating video's.

Mal Tindle
01-09-2012, 12:24 PM
You have asked the question:- What is your favorite method of marketing? so I am not going to list all the ways of marketing but by favorite I assume you mean which one do I like as being the most successful in which case I can only say articles, articles and more articles.

There is no better way and if you can write useful and original articles then you are onto a winner especially if you submit them to good quality article directories as well as on your website or blog. The search engines will keep indexing the articles as long as you can keep up the supply and they will keep on circulating around the Internet system for years to come..

regards,

Mal.

Jemstone
01-12-2012, 03:02 PM
Hi Lori,
My favourite is social media marketing at the moment, although I would love to have a go at article marketing too!
Kind Regards,
Jayne :)

mominternet
01-12-2012, 04:12 PM
This is my first post on WAHM. As far as my favorite marketing method and I am still learning. I am trying out a few techniques but what I am quickly learning is having that personal touch.

I think for many years marketing seemed a bit detached from reality especially the hype stuff.

Recently, I have heard that as far as marketing in a particular niche make sure you ARE the expert...but what about us newbies?

Well, the "fake it till you make it" just does not cut it for me...I want to have a real business where I can interact with REAL people. ;)

I am learning about email marketing in a really cool way where the focus is to develop relationships not "permissive spam marketing" by this I mean don't just dump every link you can think of to your subscribers, just because they opted in, hoping you get a few bucks...oh you will get some money...but loose those who would have invested hundreds as a loyal subscriber...I know I am one of those who has invested on products where there was that personal touch effort made by the marketer that made me feel special as a customer.

Plus, these folks have done what I call "cross cultural marketing" They got my attention despite the fact we probably do not have a lot in common socially but in their marketing techniques they met my specific need.

Hmmm that is the kind of marketing I would like. Well, maybe one day I will look back on this post with a big :D but for now I am still learning. Glad I found this site.

Thanks so much for the tips.

msuggitt
01-13-2012, 07:54 AM
Depending on the Product/Program:

Traffic Exchanges
Classified Ads
Network Media exchanges
Directories

text, banner and solo ads

Article Writing
Forums
ezine advertising

-----

sherry5225
01-14-2012, 05:28 PM
Favorite marketing methods are:

Email Marketing
Forum Marketing
Facebook Marketing

And the best traffic for me is free google traffic that comes from good SEO (that's the best for me but also takes the most work and time!)

Missy Brown
01-14-2012, 05:47 PM
My favoritesso far are definitely text ads, article marketing, and social networking; I am considering using direct mail but I want to make sure that the cost will be justified. I might stick with ads on the social networking sites.

Missy Brown
01-14-2012, 06:58 PM
My favorites so far are article marketing, text ads, and social networking. I am thinking about trying direct mail, but I want to make sure the costs are justified.

GAjewel
01-15-2012, 05:39 PM
I really love article syndication (not mass submission), solo ads and email marketing. Anything that allows me to connect with people in a real way is the best for me.

Charity

virtualmommy
02-11-2012, 04:45 PM
I am a huge fan of articles marketing. Once an article is submitted, it's on the internet pretty much forever unless taken down by the company. I try to find article directories that aren't saturated so there is less competition. I've had great results writing "How to" Articles for a website called FYIHOW. I write an article about an affiliate product, add my affiliate links in the resource box at the bottom. I submit my articles, promote them on twitter, facebook and other social networking websites. When people view my articles and click on my resource links, I make money when they purchase my affiliate product.

7 Chakras
02-21-2012, 06:02 AM
I like Marketing in social networking sites most. They are efficient, cost effective and they reach a lot of people easily.

Susan Holloway
02-21-2012, 11:40 AM
Favorite marketing methods are:

Email Marketing
Forum Marketing
Facebook Marketing

And the best traffic for me is free google traffic that comes from good SEO (that's the best for me but also takes the most work and time!)

H Sherry ~ I couldn't get your FB link to work :)

shmerns
02-21-2012, 01:42 PM
Wow, such great responses to this question. Thanks everyone!

I've gotten such interesting feedback and some methods I hadn't thought
of or didn't think were worth trying, but I will add some more the repetoire.

Also forgot to mention, I'm seeing some great results with solo ads.

lecoplastics
02-21-2012, 10:03 PM
Really thanks for starting such a nice post and I am sure that we will going to learn something good from it.

johnlee5757
02-22-2012, 02:15 AM
well I believe that social marketing and blog commenting will be the most influential but it does not mean that other way's dont work it depends on you'r marketing how your convincing to the people it can be any way.

odlanor9
02-22-2012, 08:35 AM
I just started in my facebook marketing efforts, mainly I have been doing article marketing and social bookmarking. I have a few sites that are on the first page of google and I have been monetizing with google adsense.

NMVTONLINE
02-24-2012, 10:24 AM
I haven't had a lot of luck with Twitter or Facebook so any additional advice for those methods would be appreciated.

I would also be interested to learn more about flyers. I've used them in the past but find it hard to target the right people. Where did you go to pass them out?

I've had great success with
Solo Ads
SEO driven traffic
Forums
Video Marketing

stdray
02-25-2012, 09:31 AM
guest post, blogs, and link exchange.

Leftoverchild
03-04-2012, 11:52 AM
You've aroused my curiosity - what is it you're doing? :)

I've consistently made at least $100 a week and up to several hundred a day marketing on Youtube. This does not involve creating video's.

hannah.flinders
03-06-2012, 06:32 AM
In my case, I use Facebook and Twitter mainly, would love to hear what has been working for most of you!

techfreakd
03-06-2012, 11:21 PM
Traffic Exchanges
Network Media exchanges
text, banner and solo ads
ezine advertising...

I think SEO is a best method of marketing like Classified Ads, Directories, Article Writing,
Forums etc.

Jflats
03-07-2012, 12:37 PM
Article marketing works for me, but I do find that more quality traffic comes from search engines. It's really more of a process of trying different things until you find what works consistently. Getting a lot of traffic is nice, but traffic that actually converts is much nicer.

ovi7676
03-12-2012, 12:15 PM
I have marketing my affiliate for quite a while now and I honestly been using email marketing as my major method of marketing its quite easy all I do is use google to get mails at random and then do some sorting with the emails I have collected I then send mails introducing to my products.

Keokuk McDaniel
03-12-2012, 02:15 PM
My favorite online strategies are video, podcasts, blogs, articles, MLSP, Facebook, and Twitter. I'm not so comfortable with the 3 foot rule and going up to strangers. I prefer attraction marketing strategies, so off-line I use targeted strategies with the drop card method.

cosanostra36
03-12-2012, 11:45 PM
Forum marketing is extremely powerful! Do not under estimate the power in this. It may be time consuming but you can outsource the job with websites like www.odesk.com

nkellerm85
03-15-2012, 08:18 AM
I do Social Media marketing and Video marketing on YouTube. They remained efficient in gaining traffic to my site.

WahIdeasCom
03-15-2012, 03:19 PM
To be honest with you, I love all methods of marketing! I find it fascinating and challenging to try each of them and try to master them. Anything and everything from ppc, seo, twitter, youtube, yahoo answers, blogs/forums, article submission...everything! The beauty of using so many different methods is that if one happens to wilt, or dye out in the future you are not left holding the bag!

~ Rosie ~
03-19-2012, 11:34 AM
Has anyone tried Pligg?

New on the social network horizon...

Would love to hear your thoughts.

:)

shmerns
03-19-2012, 01:51 PM
Wow, I just saw all the responses to this post, I'm loving all the great ideas and how
since everyone has their strengths, we are all comfortable with different methods.
I will use some of these ideas! Great job, keep em coming!

When we find new sources that work, let's be sure to post them.

Thanks a bunch :)

Lori P.

ambassadorbir
03-19-2012, 03:16 PM
I've been trying all sorts of different things. Forum posts on popular web sites are nice because the web sites have already done the hard SEO work for you and are ranked high on Google. Blogging is nice if you know how to SEO (which I'm trying to teach myself at the moment), because once you've put your content up, your work is done and then it's just building backlinks.

I haven't seen a ton of traffic from my blogs yet, a couple from forums. It's a lot of work, but I actually got the most results when I was posting classified ads to every free advertising site I could find. It takes a LOT of time though, sure you can copy/paste, but you still have to create logins for most sites which takes a decent amount of time, pick what city you're posting it in (unless you find an ad site that allows nationwide posts for free), and go to your e-mail and confirm your ad post. It can get kind of tedious at times (which is why I'm starting to try doing forums and blogging, but it takes time to get those ramped up I think).

lindsayhogan
03-20-2012, 06:06 AM
Mostly I prefer to use Blogs, Article and Social Media.

MaureenV
05-30-2012, 04:07 PM
I have had the biggest success with video marketing.

msuggitt
06-05-2012, 07:51 AM
For the money making program I'm promoting in my signature link, I've gotten great results with only 2 methods, forum signature links & TE's which I spend about 1-2 hours a day on. There's a lot more ways that I can think of, but because these are working, I don't mess with them. :)

For higher priced affiliate products that I promote, article writing has given me great long term results. For instance, I recently sold Vision Board software from link in an article I wrote several years ago - amazing. For these types of products, I've also done well with publicity articles (newspapers), press releases and how to articles.

colly5
06-05-2012, 08:53 AM
I tend to like blogging. If updated and maintained it can grow to be a great passive form of traffic and income if monetized. :-)

Ritu Anand
06-05-2012, 09:37 AM
I tend to write blogs, market via email and social sites, and write in forums.

Forum writing is such an enjoyable way of meeting others globally.

Best Regards,

Ritu Anand

Johny.Sam
06-13-2012, 02:19 AM
I believe Social media marketing is very effective both for products as well website. Facebook and Twitter are really helpful but you cannot ignore websites such as Google+ LinkedIn and Myspace that has come up with several applications . Using all these will help you to gain some decent traffic for your site.

Michaelangelo Flores
06-18-2012, 03:19 AM
My primary was initial Article Marketing and Content Syndication as well as PPC.
I outsourced a bit of SEO here and there, but now I'm more focused on Social Media combined with blogging.

ALL of these show results in different levels. Some quick and some more long term. I reckon diversified traffic is the most stable.

esprintguy
07-05-2012, 12:52 AM
The social networks are really great for that purpose. But forums can as well be.

Rona
07-05-2012, 02:13 AM
I market via my website and email marketing.

I've tried various different methods over the years but these two work best for me.

msuggitt
07-05-2012, 10:29 AM
My favorite is using my signature in forums such as this one on a regular basis. My second favorite is surfing TE's which I usually do while watching TV. These are my favorites because they are both super easy and net me great results with me spending only 1-2 hours daily.

I'm also creative, so am building my own site, write articles, and will soon produce some related videos if i ever get the time. :)