WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Some good places to apply?

Rebecca0630
11-26-2011, 07:34 AM
I have done transcription for a couple of years, mostly real estate. I'm looking to apply for other transcription jobs but just not sure where to find these types of jobs. I know this would be a good place to ask since most of you are working with some companies and would know who is hiring and all. Thanks for the help.

pawp11
11-26-2011, 08:38 AM
If you look at the top of this board, you will find a post that says "Companies that Hire ICs." Start there. Do your own research. Some companies require resumes. Other companies have a test on their careers page. You never know when a company is hiring. It may be weeks or more before you hear from a company. If they need someone badly, you might hear immediately.

Free advice: Make sure your resume is transcription specific. No one cares about any jobs that weren't related to transcription, research, writing, or word processing in some way. Focus on the things that say I can and will do this job for your company. One page resumes are best. Apply to multiple places. Really work on a test when you get one. Take your time and make it perfect.

I just wanted to add that this job isn't easy. It requires serious grammar skills, a willingness to do things whatever way the client wants, an ability to research, and listening skills most people can't imagine. This job isn't for everyone.

Best of luck to you.

Rebecca0630
11-26-2011, 10:13 AM
Thanks for the info. I've been on the boards for a while, but this is actually my first time looking at the transcription section, so I totally missed that at the top. I will look and apply to some. Thanks.