WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

Expertmom
11-17-2011, 11:19 AM
Hi all,
I am back after a long period of no time for my own projects and now I am trying to catch up with the affiliates on Expertmom a bit. I have been working exclusively with banner links where the price is mentioned Would you say that this is the most effective way to illustrate a suggestion or even when you write a specific product review?
If you don't mind, I would love to hear how you choose your style of links on Amazon and why? I think this is an area that I can improve and perhaps use with more variation.

Thanks!

angienewton
11-17-2011, 11:37 AM
Welcome back!

When I was with Amazon, I had the best success with text links and not the banners like you have on your page. Also I used to use the image only and link to it that way but never got much from the buttons like you are using.

I would highly recommend text links (using specific researched keyword phrases).

angienewton
11-17-2011, 11:38 AM
Oh and one more thing...

I would not have Adsense on any pages that you are trying to sell something. Use them on informational pages only.

Amy Jacobs
11-17-2011, 11:48 AM
I know I did most my Christmas shopping on Amazon I love that site :) ~Amy

ampris2000
11-18-2011, 06:03 PM
i've used graphical links and made alot of money through amazon. yet it was a little video site i had. beside the video, i posted an amazon graphical link next to the video.

i looked at expert mom.. > gifts for mom.
on that page, the graphical link should be horizontal so it follows along with the text. either that,
or get rid of the graphics and just use a text link as it looks better. you could do something like
there are some (blue link: foldable shirts) you can get from amazon.com.

the vertical graphic and the horizontal text, doesn't flow too well in my opinion.

here's an example of what i did with the mini video site. and i just noticed too, i need to get rid of that amazon bar on the far right !

EA Sports Active 2 PS3 - PS3 Move Games and PS3 Interactive Games (http://www.fun-4me.com/ps3-move-games/ea-sports-active-2-ps3.html)

Expertmom
11-21-2011, 06:19 AM
Thanks for your comments, interesting point on AdSense, this is something I will consider.

Oh and one more thing...

I would not have Adsense on any pages that you are trying to sell something. Use them on informational pages only.

Expertmom
11-21-2011, 06:22 AM
Yes, the Amazon box to the right looks a bit weird but it is a very nice page!
I don't think that the vertical graphical link disturbs the flow of the text but point taken and appreciated.

i've used graphical links and made alot of money through amazon. yet it was a little video site i had. beside the video, i posted an amazon graphical link next to the video.

i looked at expert mom.. > gifts for mom.
on that page, the graphical link should be horizontal so it follows along with the text. either that,
or get rid of the graphics and just use a text link as it looks better. you could do something like
there are some (blue link: foldable shirts) you can get from amazon.com.

the vertical graphic and the horizontal text, doesn't flow too well in my opinion.

here's an example of what i did with the mini video site. and i just noticed too, i need to get rid of that amazon bar on the far right !

EA Sports Active 2 PS3 - PS3 Move Games and PS3 Interactive Games (http://www.fun-4me.com/ps3-move-games/ea-sports-active-2-ps3.html)

lindsayhogan
11-21-2011, 11:59 PM
I have done experiment with all and but most beneficial proves is text link.

alansm
11-25-2011, 07:27 AM
I have done experiment with all and but most beneficial proves is text link.
You are correct. The text link has great conversion. But the picture is also. The Amazon buy widget does not work with me.

geargirl113
11-25-2011, 07:36 AM
I have also had the best luck with text links and pictures as well. I also like to talk about reviews of the product and then link to amazon's reviews if someone would like to read more reviews on a product that they are interested in.

net101
11-27-2011, 12:04 AM
Besides the Amazon banners I use larger images of the product I advertise linked to the Amazon store

ginene
12-31-2011, 01:58 PM
I just started using the picture only graphic and when you hover over it, then it tells you about the product. I just noticed an increase in sales when I did it.

ashamom
12-31-2011, 03:31 PM
I think that's something you have to consider you blog, and audience to decide. I post deals, so I found text links work best. Plus I like that you can change the text they provide for you. I usually add the before and after price within the link, or add the % of savings. Example, they have say a vacuum on sale for $50, it's normally $100. I'll do a small post with the deal, add one or two text links. The text they provide is vacuumxyz, and I'll change it to vacuumxyz... $50 off, or vacuumxyz %50 off orginal price. If that makes sense for you. I have a widget of their daily deal, the page gets looked at, but so far no sales with it, so I'm deciding on that one.

JimmieWriter
01-01-2012, 07:00 PM
I agree that text links within content are the best. Banners just aren't clicked a lot.

prostarprofitsdotcom
01-01-2012, 07:12 PM
When you do the research the lowest click rates are from banner ads. You should use text links using preselling strategies.

Mejo101
01-07-2012, 10:02 AM
I've tried the banners but they don 't work for me. It's a bit confusing as someone new to aff marketing because Amazon and other networks promote the use of them when in actual fact they don't work too great. I'm sticking to text links with pictures.

ashamom
01-07-2012, 06:42 PM
I just read something that said that studies have shown that people actually AVOID looking at banner ads. Has anyone else heard this? I thought it was interesting, then I thought about how often I automatically avoid them when I go to a site, and it made sense to me.

ginene
01-09-2012, 03:12 AM
If it's animated I look other than that I don't really pay attention to it either.

patgreer
01-10-2012, 12:09 AM
I love the amazon widgets - I make carousels that display 10 objects from the theme I'm selling - for example - I was selling a snow thrower but my widget also showed a few sizes - extansion cords and even shovels -
They do the work for you
Pat :cool:

Nadia2011
01-10-2012, 12:22 AM
So nice,I think.

ashamom
01-10-2012, 01:33 PM
I love the amazon widgets - I make carousels that display 10 objects from the theme I'm selling - for example - I was selling a snow thrower but my widget also showed a few sizes - extansion cords and even shovels -
They do the work for you
Pat :cool:

Widgets I like, at least amazons, I've noticed more fans looking at mine so it's just a matter of increasing my page visits. I'm talking banners not being effective. I had one for about six months, and it did NOTHING! Took it down, and put something else up there.