WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

e007
11-13-2011, 07:10 PM
I'd like to hear what your opinions are, so here it goes.

I recently passed hiring exams for both B. Hill and Leapforce and now I'm trying to decide which one to go with. If I decide to go with B.H now, would I be able to re-apply Leapforce later on again, say, next year? Or I'm done forever with Leapforce, once I decline the job offer?

Alternatively, am I allowed to work for both, simultaneously? 20hrs for BH and 10hrs for Leapforce?

I'd appreciate any comments!

Thanks in advance,

e007

painted_eyeballs
11-14-2011, 05:49 AM
Working for both is against the terms of both contracts.

BH has more consistent hours and higher pay, but a bad habit of discontinuing projects.

I think either will consider you again later if you don't take the contract, so long as they are hiring in your area.

kitkat0925
11-14-2011, 08:17 PM
Bh is a great company and communication is excellent. Pay is always ontime. Cons: they drop projects a lot. A friend of mine and myself were both on with them at same time and we were both let go at same time as project was downsized.
BH you can only work M-F

LF - I have not worked for them in like 4 years so cannot put any info on them that is current. They did pay on time when I worked for them. I have seen them be out of tasks lately though as well. Can work anytime there are tasks.

I know it is a violation of your contract to work both companies at the same time.

If I had to choose I would probably go with LF as this fits my schedule better than BH.

momofactors
11-14-2011, 09:20 PM
Sorry to jump in on this conversation, but Kathy, didn't you just start working for Butler Hill recently? I think you started right before I did. Was your recent project downsized or are you still with them now?

I have to agree with the comment that BH is a good company with excellent communication and so far they have paid me on time. I find the hours flexible enough, so the M-F isn't too troublesome for me. I don't have any experience with LF, other than they never responded to my several attempts to apply for a rater job with them.

e007
11-14-2011, 10:25 PM
Thanks for your opinions. I will probably go with BH now and reapply LF position later on, if BH does not work for me. I just wish that they would pay a bit more :rolleyes:...

painted_eyeballs
11-15-2011, 07:29 AM
BH does pay more than LF.

kitkat0925
11-16-2011, 07:58 AM
Sorry to jump in on this conversation, but Kathy, didn't you just start working for Butler Hill recently? I think you started right before I did. Was your recent project downsized or are you still with them now?

I have to agree with the comment that BH is a good company with excellent communication and so far they have paid me on time. I find the hours flexible enough, so the M-F isn't too troublesome for me. I don't have any experience with LF, other than they never responded to my several attempts to apply for a rater job with them.

You are correct that I worked for BH and was in the class before yours. My project was downsized in my second month. So I am no longer with BH at this point.

They were still a excellent company. I kindof worked out for me though as I found a different position that paid more and allowed me to work weekend as well. (I have a FT day job as well)

momofactors
11-16-2011, 10:23 AM
You are correct that I worked for BH and was in the class before yours. My project was downsized in my second month. So I am no longer with BH at this point.

They were still a excellent company. I kindof worked out for me though as I found a different position that paid more and allowed me to work weekend as well. (I have a FT day job as well)

Wow, I'm so surprised. After all the training and everything and then to get downsized. I'm sorry to hear about that. I'm glad you have found something else though. I'm sure it must have been difficult to get all the hours in for BH and work a full time day job as well. I'm in my second month now with BH and so far so good. I will be thankful for the work for as long as it lasts.