WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

amymoondancer
11-08-2011, 04:00 AM
Well, here goes. I have a wordpress blog that finally has a PR3 rating. I own the web address and want to move the site to another host. Any advise on who to go with? I only have the one web address but may get more later on.

I was ready to go with Hostgator, but they're support agent told me it would cost me another $15 just to transfer the domain. I didn't think that was right.

Godaddy is pretty cheap, but I wonder if I would get what I paid for.

Anyway, I look forward to your input.

angienewton
11-08-2011, 06:30 AM
I would say pay the $15 for Hostgator. They are one of the industry leaders in hosting.

I have not heard good things about Godaddy hosting. Only buy domains there!

Gayla
11-08-2011, 03:04 PM
I use GoDaddy for all my domain name purchases. You can transfer domain names to them too - fairly easy process to follow.

I use HostGator as my hosting preference - Although I do like BlueHost too.

If you have any questions about any, let me know. I have several tutorials available on each project.

lindastacy
11-09-2011, 07:31 AM
I use and highly recommend Momwebs hosting. Great support and I'm sure they'll help you with the move. I normally don't recommend transferring your domain name to the same place as your hosting, but if it makes it easier for you, I would trust Momwebs with it. It's run by two work at home women that have been helping other wah's for years.

LilBlackDress
11-09-2011, 08:06 AM
I highly recommend Hostgator. I am an affiliate and there is a reason. I think they are the very best. I love them. They are amazing with support.

I do have a coupon code so you can get hosting for a penny for the first month, pm me if you want it.

With HG, they will move one site for free with a basic plan for a new customer (more sites for bigger plans). So that is the best way to do it. Maybe the rep you spoke with was not aware you were new to HG?

I have helped many people get set up with HG and they all had their site moved for free.

If you want more info., send me a note and I will send you a link to my review and coupon code.

BTW keep your domain name and web hosting at two different places.

skcandles
11-09-2011, 09:43 PM
I recently moved a blog from another host to Hostgator. As I already had an account with Hostgator, there was no free transfer. That said, they only charged me $10 to move the blog from the other host to them. They said that is a special rate for Wordpress blogs only, as they do so many of them. After some confusion from me, etc.. we got it all workedout. I gladly paid the money to do it as I think it could be rather easy to screw up.