PDA

View Full Version : Want to move my wordpress blog to another host - Any suggestions

amymoondancer
11-08-2011, 04:00 AM
Well, here goes. I have a wordpress blog that finally has a PR3 rating. I own the web address and want to move the site to another host. Any advise on who to go with? I only have the one web address but may get more later on.

I was ready to go with Hostgator, but they're support agent told me it would cost me another $15 just to transfer the domain. I didn't think that was right.

Godaddy is pretty cheap, but I wonder if I would get what I paid for.

Anyway, I look forward to your input.

angienewton
11-08-2011, 06:30 AM
I would say pay the $15 for Hostgator. They are one of the industry leaders in hosting.

I have not heard good things about Godaddy hosting. Only buy domains there!

Gayla
11-08-2011, 03:04 PM
I use GoDaddy for all my domain name purchases. You can transfer domain names to them too - fairly easy process to follow.

I use HostGator as my hosting preference - Although I do like BlueHost too.

If you have any questions about any, let me know. I have several tutorials available on each project.

lindastacy
11-09-2011, 07:31 AM
I use and highly recommend Momwebs hosting. Great support and I'm sure they'll help you with the move. I normally don't recommend transferring your domain name to the same place as your hosting, but if it makes it easier for you, I would trust Momwebs with it. It's run by two work at home women that have been helping other wah's for years.

LilBlackDress
11-09-2011, 08:06 AM
I highly recommend Hostgator. I am an affiliate and there is a reason. I think they are the very best. I love them. They are amazing with support.

I do have a coupon code so you can get hosting for a penny for the first month, pm me if you want it.

With HG, they will move one site for free with a basic plan for a new customer (more sites for bigger plans). So that is the best way to do it. Maybe the rep you spoke with was not aware you were new to HG?

I have helped many people get set up with HG and they all had their site moved for free.

If you want more info., send me a note and I will send you a link to my review and coupon code.

BTW keep your domain name and web hosting at two different places.

skcandles
11-09-2011, 09:43 PM
I recently moved a blog from another host to Hostgator. As I already had an account with Hostgator, there was no free transfer. That said, they only charged me $10 to move the blog from the other host to them. They said that is a special rate for Wordpress blogs only, as they do so many of them. After some confusion from me, etc.. we got it all workedout. I gladly paid the money to do it as I think it could be rather easy to screw up.