WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Baby sitting at home

mrsdchastain
11-02-2011, 12:35 PM
I'm trying to start taking care of a few children in my home. I am not certified but I was a nanny for five years and worked at a day care for a year before that. I also have babysat many children over the years and taken child development classes. I have NO idea how to go about finding clients. I messaged my local school's PTO with no response. I am registered on sittercity.com and care.com. But people want me to come to their home and not bring my child. I don't mind going to someone else's home but I would need to bring my daughter. She is 10 months and day care is not an option. We just need a little more income coming in each week to get by without going into severe debt. I was wondering if anyone else has done this and if so how did you find clients?

CrosswordLady
11-02-2011, 12:39 PM
Have you tried advertising on craigslist?

LovinSprinkles
11-09-2011, 01:11 PM
I get my kiddos from advertising on craigslist...then once you get one or two from there then normally them just referring you to people they know start to take over and then before you know it you are full:) Good luck!!!!

malea
11-14-2011, 03:38 AM
I did daycare a few years ago. I found my kids by advertising in our local Nickle Ad newspaper. It was very affordable and I filled all of my spots very quickly.

ParentingCoachLisa
11-14-2011, 06:23 PM
You can try on craiglist. That's a good site.

kimalee
11-15-2011, 10:18 AM
Personal referrals, Craigslist, and through my online mommies group (you can visit The Mommies Network: Your Mom-to-Mom Connection (http://www.themommiesnetwork.com) to see if there is a chapter near you).

southernbg
11-28-2011, 10:23 AM
I have done very well with places like Craigslist and Backpage. You might also try flyers in your local Gymbree, peds offices, and library.

Best,

Nat

longchampshop
12-26-2011, 01:13 AM
You can try on craiglist.

Hugalicious Ragdolls
12-26-2011, 01:28 AM
Hi
I have an ebook on babysitting that is pretty good. If you would like a copy, pm me your email and I will send it to you :)

cheers
Angela