WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

KristieWooten
10-26-2011, 07:21 AM
Hey Scentsy Reps!!

Just wanted to pop in to tell you guys I just went to my first Scentsy home party a few weeks ago. I purchased the Full Size Jade warmer and the Charity Plug in. They are gorgeous!! You guys have some very nice quality products:) And my kids absolutely LOVE them! They always come straight in the house from school and make sure they are turned on. And of course, they each want one for their rooms now...lol

Quick question in regards to the scents....I purchased the Cozy Fireside, Blueberry Cheescake, Pumpkin Roll and Lemon Lavender. I put in the Pumpkin roll right when I got the warmers because that is the perfect scent for the season. My house smelled like a little piece of fall heaven:) But the next morning I woke up with an asthma flare up. My asthma is mild but candles and scents usually trigger a flare up. Determined to make Scentsy work for me, I waited a week until I was better and put in the Blueberry Cheescake and it hasn't bothered me at all. So I'm SO excited!! Anyway, my question is...do you know off hand which scents are best for those who have asthma? I definitely want to continue keeping Scentsy in my home but don't want to end up with extra bars I can't use. I searched through a few pages of threads on here and didn't find any info on this.

I appreciate your help! Hope you're all having a beautiful morning!

christyvw2004
10-26-2011, 07:55 AM
By no means am I an "expert" on this...but just thought I would post a quick comment. I would say stay away from any scents that you know have usually bothered you...I know my husband cant handle and of the "flowery" scents. And he usually suffers from allergies to some of these scents in the fall and spring...As for asthma...I know the one thing that helps is that no soot is released into the air...or wax particles. Pumpkin Roll lists cake, pecans, butter, and spices as the scents in it....Maybe its the pecans...
Sorry I can't be anymore help.

samsal77
10-26-2011, 07:59 AM
I have asthma also, and avoid using traditional "wicked" candles because the scent is a little too intense for me. I've done well with the spa fragrances from Scentsy. Especially "Just Breathe" , but maybe that's psychological:p
I tend to use the lighter, fruity scents, and sometimes actually feel a little better when I'm having a flare up from something else. Maybe that's the aromatherapy effect of the scent!

LAscents
10-26-2011, 08:58 AM
It's difficult to come up with a list of scents because health triggers are so subjective. What may be fine for one person could cause a flare or migraine for another. It may be a matter of trial and error.

KristieWooten
10-27-2011, 07:29 AM
Thanks so much ladies!! :)