WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : New Rep!

woolmom
10-11-2011, 10:29 AM
Hi all! My name is Cathy and I am a new rep under Bonnie(who is awesome!)
Just wanted to introduce myself and say that I'm looking forward to this new adventure and learning from you ladies...

PS-I'm from NJ any other Jersey girls on here?

lancastd
10-11-2011, 10:34 AM
Hey Cathy, Welcome!

You're gonna love Avon!

lorah
10-12-2011, 07:54 AM
Hi Cathy! Welcome to Avon! I am new too and am supposed to get my kit delivered tomorrow. I sold many years ago and am so glad to be back. Avon is better than ever! Looking forward to getting to know you! I am in Missouri.

ashamom
10-12-2011, 08:38 AM
I'm a new rep also, and waiting impatiently ;) for my kit to come. I'm also under Bonnie, but I'm from Kansas. Nice to meet you! So glad I found this forum to connect and be able to connect with people from all over.

woolmom
10-12-2011, 09:24 AM
Thank you for the welcome. Can't wait for my kit to come. In the meantime I'm going through the training and reading these boards looking for all the tips I can get :)

avonlady916
10-12-2011, 09:50 AM
Next time you are on youravon.com, check out the COMMUNITY tab
It will give you two choices

My District - this is where you can see your district recognition and hopefully, also the district calender - so find out the when and where your sales meetings will be held (which I HIGHLY recommend you attend)

and

Bulletin Board
When I first started I spent many hours there as the girl who signed me up never helped me. I was pretty lost! Bulletin board is reps from all over sharing their ideas on what works and what doesnt work.
Its fun reading - and you will find ideas that suit your own personality to try.

Bonnie
:rolleyes::rolleyes::eek:

lorah
10-12-2011, 10:38 AM
I agree with Bonnie, the community on yourAvon is great reading. Just pick and choose the ideas you want to try.

ashamom
10-12-2011, 01:07 PM
Well I found the district section. Which is how I found out where my DM was, and I looked at the schedule and calender. It just said what part of the area she would be in for the day. There's one day of the week were it looks like she stays close to home and take calls and stuff, so maybe our training days will be the. I didn't see any on the calender specifically marked that way, so I probably just don't understand her style of scheduling. I will make sure and ask her about it when we talk. Since she's so close I want to make those as often as I can! I didn't find the other though, Thanks Bonnie. I'll go look now!

DeeAmber
10-12-2011, 02:23 PM
The back office offers the training (along with your sponsoring rep). We don't normally post training information on the boards. There is an Avon forum via the back office. Training, hints, tips, etc. are back there and I know I try never to post that stuff on here because it's for Avon reps.

Previous companies I was with did not post training or tips on their public Facebook, forums, etc. General tips? Sure, but nothing too intricate. In fact, I'm thinking of hanging out more in the YourAvon forum as well. It's a great resource and we are lucky to have that and so many other business tools.

I highly encourage new reps to use the forum via the YourAvon back office and your rep. I email my rep often.

Good Luck!

SAHMof2
10-12-2011, 05:15 PM
Hi Cathy! Welcome to Avon! I am new too and am supposed to get my kit delivered tomorrow. I sold many years ago and am so glad to be back. Avon is better than ever! Looking forward to getting to know you! I am in Missouri.

What part of Missouri are you from? I am originally from Sikeston Mo. but live in GA now.

lorah
10-12-2011, 10:19 PM
I am in Simmons. It is about half way between Cabool and Houston. I moved here from California and you couldn't pay me big money to move back there! I love it here. It's like another planet! LOL I love my little country town!

ashamom
10-12-2011, 11:39 PM
Thanks for telling me how to get to the forum on Avon's site Bonnie! I knew it was there somewhere I just hadn't had the time to find it. It is really great stuff on there, of course I still love this little forum :) Great place for people thinking of joining to check it out, and see what "real" people are doing, and if it's working for them. There are a lot of negative nancy's out there :D It's nice to find a positive place to go to learn. I also like the smaller format for a quick cruise on the board. Thanks again, already found loads of great ideas on there!!!

DeeAmber
10-15-2011, 11:30 AM
http://www.mygraphicspace.com/images/welcome-graphics/welcome20.gif

NYC right here! You're going to have a blast with Avon. Did your kit come? :)

woolmom
10-15-2011, 05:16 PM
Love love love the sparkly welcome Dee!! My kit came yesterday afternoon. So exciting!

DeeAmber
10-15-2011, 05:38 PM
Love love love the sparkly welcome Dee!! My kit came yesterday afternoon. So exciting!

It's lovely huh? ;-) So much stuff for ten bucks! :)