WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Blogging

lorah
10-10-2011, 01:56 AM
Are we allowed to create an "Avon Blog" for our business? Somewhere that we can talk about Avon and post specials, recruiting etc and link to our websites?

Aslyn
10-10-2011, 05:14 AM
Yes & no, you cannot have avon in the url, you cannot link to products etc..you can link to your site in your personal blog but it cannot be a solely avon blog. You should download the policies and procedures from the back office it tells you what is allowed from internet marketing..which is very limited

lorah
10-10-2011, 06:22 AM
Thanks Aslyn,
I have a personal blog and I do have a link to my store on it. I will just talk about Avon on there and not worry about anything else. Not sure I could handle all that anyway. LOL Lots on my plate right now!

DeeAmber
10-10-2011, 06:32 AM
Thanks Aslyn,
I have a personal blog and I do have a link to my store on it. I will just talk about Avon on there and not worry about anything else. Not sure I could handle all that anyway. LOL Lots on my plate right now!

There's an integrated blog available to you via your back office. It shows up on your personal Avon website! :)

lorah
10-10-2011, 06:36 AM
Well, that's a cool feature I didn't know about, thanks!

lorah
10-10-2011, 06:43 AM
Why do people do this? UGH

ashamom
10-10-2011, 10:32 AM
If you already have a personal one you can talk about your experiences with Avon. How your week went etc. Just keep it on the personal level, I was frustrated, excited, etc. You don't have to be specific and break any rules, the key is to use the word AVON multiple times. That way it can show up in a keyword search by someone else. Then with the link you have elsewhere in your blog they can access your site. Just be sure to mention in your post that they can go to ____ page to find a link to your estore. If it's a personal blog you'll probably find yourself posting about it anyways as it's a large part of your life now, so might as well make the most of it :) I'm a big fan of muti-tasking and things doing double duty (at least). Good luck!

DeeAmber
10-10-2011, 11:12 AM
If you already have a personal one you can talk about your experiences with Avon. How your week went etc. Just keep it on the personal level, I was frustrated, excited, etc. You don't have to be specific and break any rules, the key is to use the word AVON multiple times. That way it can show up in a keyword search by someone else. Then with the link you have elsewhere in your blog they can access your site. Just be sure to mention in your post that they can go to ____ page to find a link to your estore. If it's a personal blog you'll probably find yourself posting about it anyways as it's a large part of your life now, so might as well make the most of it :) I'm a big fan of muti-tasking and things doing double duty (at least). Good luck!

Did you read the P&P yet?