WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Fun Night with My New Scentsy Kit

TriciaW603
10-07-2011, 08:27 AM
I just received my kit yesterday and wanted to share my fun night with all of you.!

After almost giving myself whiplash throughout most of the day when jerking my head every time I thought I heard my UPS truck coming, my kit finally arrived around 2:00. ;)
Of course, as many of you have noted, it was like one heck of a huge Christmas gift! I had a ball going through everything and I mean EVERYTHING...you receive SO MUCH! :D

So I had made a plan to take my son's girlfriend and go to my parents house where I could share Scentsy with them all and we could sit and smell all 80 scents together. After 3 days of reading all I could on Scentsy and asking my sponsor questions I thought it would be fun to meet with my family and show off all I had learned. And it was a blast! And the reason I am posting this is because I highly recommend doing something similar with a friend or family member when you receive your kits as well because I learned even more by doing that. Most importantly, I learned what other products I want to order to show to customers thanks to what they wanted to see (plug-ins, solid perfume) and by sitting in a casual atmosphere with loved ones I noticed what other sales materials I might want to have on hand and how much I didn't know yet..lol! For example: I completely forgot the estimated time bars and bricks last, etc. So it also taught me those points I need to brush up on and retain better. The answers were right at my fingertips though, so the questions I didn't have answers to didn't go unanswered but it was a good lesson for me on what is most likely to be asked by folks new to Scentsy (neither my parents nor son's girlfriend ever heard of it before!)

We had the MOST fun and laughed all night as they made their lists of scents and products they love. :D

Now tonight I'm off to a friend's house to do the same again! And the great thing is these are all folks that plan to place nice orders and/or host parties so I'm not only brushing up on my product line and business while visiting with them, I am selling and growing my business as well. It's a win/win! :cool:

Hope this helps someone looking to start in a fun way and/or someone in need of a fun night with a friend to reignite their business. Best wishes and luck to all!

- Tricia

jessicaj
10-07-2011, 09:58 AM
Tricia!!
Sounds like you are on the FAST TRACK lady!
Welcome to Scentsy, enjoy your new business :D

robynec
10-07-2011, 11:53 AM
Thanks for sharing and welcome to Scentsy Tricia:)

Lexilou
10-07-2011, 02:00 PM
That is so great! Welcome and good luck to you!

TriciaW603
10-07-2011, 02:59 PM
Thank you for the warm welcome! :) I'm having a blast!

belovedscents
10-07-2011, 04:51 PM
Im so glad you had a fun time! This sounds like a great piece of advice to give to new consultants. You always learn something when you "teach" someone else, even if its what you don't know. Congrats on a great "kit opening".

lrstith
10-07-2011, 06:38 PM
You are doing great!! I can tell you are going to go far with Scentsy!!!

imamomagain
10-08-2011, 05:01 AM
Way to go Tricia! That is pretty much what I did too when I joined. I packed up those testers in a big cooler and took them everywhere I went! The key to this business is getting those testers out and under someones nose. Once they smell...it''s on!
Good luck to you and have fun with this business. That's what it's all about. :)

MeltMyScent
10-09-2011, 02:19 AM
You are off to a great start! I too brushed up on some of my skill last night when my MIL and her mom came over! I just love pulling those testers out!

I too was so excited when my kit arrived after I joined. I could not believe how heavy it was!

TriciaW603
10-09-2011, 06:22 PM
Thank you! I'm off to do it with my best friend tomorrow night. It's really helping me to learn all the scents and ins and outs of the catalog, etc. SO much fun and I hope to fill up my week with visits (and orders and bookings!) like this too! Happy Sunday everyone! :D

iLoveScentedCandles
10-13-2011, 08:43 AM
Congrats! It is like Christmas morning, and it gets better when you start placing the orders :)

amcawdery
10-13-2011, 03:05 PM
Sounds like a great time!!! Welcome!!

TriciaW603
10-14-2011, 08:44 AM
Thank you! :)