WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Ketosis

camguy
10-06-2011, 02:23 PM
Hello, I have been on the Adkins diet for about 5 days now, and I think I am entering Ketosis, although I haven't bought any ketostix to check. I have lost about 5 lbs in those 5 days, is this normal or healthy on Adkins?

andr117
10-10-2011, 12:09 AM
I think that you should trust your feelings and any diet and average stats could be harmful for one, but useful for another person. So if you feel yourself ok you have nothing to worry about.

Jenna2k
10-11-2011, 06:01 PM
Completely normal for Atkins ketosis kicks in around the 3rd or 4th day, and it makes sense to loose a lot of that weight before it starts if your use to eating a lot of junk food. When I'm on the Atkins I don't eat nearly as much as I normally would because I'm not allowed to eat the things that I normally would.Also the Atkins books and ads do claim you can loose up to 15 pounds the first 14 days (which I have done many many times)

SharonProsperity
10-11-2011, 08:59 PM
Well first I want to say Yaaaay! Congrats! Five pounds is awsome! It's not unusual when you consider that each gram of carbohydrate carries 9 grams of water in it so when you elimate carbs you are not only becoming thermogenic or losing fat but you are also losing water.