WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : I wish I knew or did

SouthernYankee
10-04-2011, 07:37 AM
I will be joining Scentsy in the next few days and can't wait to get started. I was just thinking is there anything you wish you had known before you started with Scentsy? Anything you wish you had done or done differently?

christyvw2004
10-04-2011, 08:07 AM
Yes I would have signed up sooner (lol) but I wish I would have lined up a OH before I ever got my kit...kind of get the ball rolling sooner. I joined in August--didnt do first show until Oct...but since your looking at Oct I would just gets things going right away...the holidays are a great time to get your business rolling.. Good luck

belovedscents
10-04-2011, 08:10 AM
Choosing a supportive sponsor is probably one of the most important things. This really can be a make or break thing as far as your Scentsy experience. Also, try to start getting orders before you get signed up. This is something I do with my recruits and it works really well, especially because Scentsy has rewards for reaching certain goals in your first few days/weeks as a consultant. I let my recruits have mini samples and catalogs to get orders or throw a launch party for them before they sign up. It's a great way to help reach the goals in your first month with Scentsy.

Let me know if there is anything else I can help you with!

Lexilou
10-04-2011, 02:56 PM
I wish I would have signed up earlier, but everything happens for a reason. It is a good idea to try and get some orders before you get started, that way it wil give you a little jump on things. Good luck to you on your new journey! You will find everybody on here to be very helpful. :)

MeltMyScent
10-04-2011, 05:02 PM
I haven't come across anything I wish I had done differently yet. I signed up under an amazing sponsor and I think that makes all the difference! Things have been pretty smooth for me. I am really focusing on online marketing and I was happy that I did a lot of research on Scentsy and online marketing before I joined.

I think if you do your research and find a good sponsor (a sponsor who is also part of a good team) you will be very pleased with your Scentsy experience.

Congrats on deciding to join!

LorettaA
10-04-2011, 05:53 PM
When you join you will have access to your workstation. Log in and read, read, read. Visit every link in the workstation. Listen to the trainings in the Training Center. Read the New Consultant Start Up Guide available in your workstation. Be pro-active in educating yourself.

Enjoy!

LAscents
10-04-2011, 05:55 PM
When you join you will have access to your workstation. Log in and read, read, read. Visit every link in the workstation. Listen to the trainings in the Training Center. Read the New Consultant Start Up Guide available in your workstation. Be pro-active in educating yourself.

I don't wish I did or knew anything differently but I do echo Loretta's advice 100%.

imamomagain
10-05-2011, 11:06 AM
I wouldn't change a thing!! The best move I ever made was joining this great company!

iLoveScentedCandles
10-12-2011, 08:17 PM

Enjoy!

Ditto to this. I just recently joined too. The best thing I did was join, read and watch the trainings, make lists of questions and get them answered and then by the time my kit arrived four days later I was ready to go and hosting my launch party within the first week... best wishes, you will enjoy it!