WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Virtual Travel Companies

Angeegirl
09-28-2011, 10:18 AM
Does anyone know of a reputable virtual travel company that does not charge for agents to work for them? I have over 10 years travel industry experience on the wholesale end of travel, but I am very much interested in retail. I am a WAHM working as a freelance writer, handling a great deal of travel writing. I just wanted to get some input, because I enjoy the travel industry, and am looking for a company who has a good reputation, takes experienced agents and is not a membership based agency. Any ideas??

denyse
09-29-2011, 12:25 PM
If you have an email address, I'll forward some information to you. Thanks!

Does anyone know of a reputable virtual travel company that does not charge for agents to work for them? I have over 10 years travel industry experience on the wholesale end of travel, but I am very much interested in retail. I am a WAHM working as a freelance writer, handling a great deal of travel writing. I just wanted to get some input, because I enjoy the travel industry, and am looking for a company who has a good reputation, takes experienced agents and is not a membership based agency. Any ideas??

Angeegirl
09-29-2011, 12:38 PM
Thanks denyse! You can email me at angeegirl at gmail.com I am based out of CA, so the agency would need a CA seller of travel in order for me to work with them.

Much Appreciated!
Angela

denyse
10-10-2011, 12:00 PM
Hi Angela,

I've emailed.

Angeegirl
10-12-2011, 11:14 PM
Thank you both for the information. I really appreciate your help. I am in the researching stages at this point, and plan on making a decision in the next couple of weeks.

clqueen
11-08-2011, 12:12 PM
World Travel Holdings is hiring- wth.com. You are an employee with a full benefits package, vacation, etc.

cindy7687
12-24-2011, 12:19 AM
i am also looking for an at home ta job that doesn't require you to pay fees.

cindy7687
01-02-2012, 01:39 AM
i'm still interested in receiving more information

kellys
01-11-2012, 05:38 AM
Does anyone know anything about this company?

denyse
01-11-2012, 08:05 PM
She is free to email me at rx4funtravel@ymail.com.

bcerbie
01-13-2012, 07:52 AM
I'm very leary of these free companies. They must charge fees for something or their commission structure is very low. Watch for what you have to pay for.

Every travel agent must be covered under Travel Agent Errors and Omissions insurance.

We see agents coming to our agency all the time who have been burned.

When looking for a host agency check their rating with the BBB, check out the host agency listings at NACTA - The National Association of Career Travel Agents (http://www.nacta.com) and Independent Travel Agent, Outside Sales Support Network OSSN (http://www.ossn.com) , speak to their current agents for feedback, what commission percentages are they getting with suppliers?, etc.

Barb